The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by AlJay
Forgive me for being stupid but could I just clarify - we are British but live in Ireland. Does that mean we will only have to submit passport copies as opposed to sending the actual passport?
The visa office will send you a letter explaining to either send copies or send the actual passport. Most get the copy request but the visa officers can request the actual passport. Wait for the letter and read it carefully.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

cde219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgive me for being stupid but could I just clarify - we are British but live in Ireland. Does that mean we will only have to submit passport copies as opposed to sending the actual passport?

Hey Aljay,

We have British passports and we were asked to submit copies but like Lancastrian said the visa office decides what they want!

Well we sent our copies of our passports and info today

we got the copies done again as we didn't want to risk them sending all the copies back saying they weren't suitable.

So I have been looking around peoples time lines to see how long on average from sending info back to getting COPR but its just so different for each person I gave up lol
So we will just go back to stalking the postman out again lol
Old Sep 21st 2012, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Can any of you lovely lot give me any advice please? Since someone posted a thread this morning about the "From to" dates on the forms I am completely panicking that we have done ours wrong again. I sent back our Schedule A on Tues this week for a third time and for our current address and current occupations, I have put "to 2012-09" which is correct at the time of signature, right? SHould I have handwritten "present" instead? I am really worried that this could now means grounds for refusal? I just did not think to put that as when typing it asks you for a numerical entry.... Has anyone else done it like us?? I have actually emailed CHC to ask if it's a problem but can't stop thinking a about it now!

Please advise - thanks!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

AlJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The visa office will send you a letter explaining to either send copies or send the actual passport. Most get the copy request but the visa officers can request the actual passport. Wait for the letter and read it carefully.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cde219
Hey Aljay,

We have British passports and we were asked to submit copies but like Lancastrian said the visa office decides what they want!

Well we sent our copies of our passports and info today

we got the copies done again as we didn't want to risk them sending all the copies back saying they weren't suitable.

So I have been looking around peoples time lines to see how long on average from sending info back to getting COPR but its just so different for each person I gave up lol
So we will just go back to stalking the postman out again lol
Thank you. Can so relate to the postman stalking comment. Good to know it isn't just me
Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Can any of you lovely lot give me any advice please? Since someone posted a thread this morning about the "From to" dates on the forms I am completely panicking that we have done ours wrong again. I sent back our Schedule A on Tues this week for a third time and for our current address and current occupations, I have put "to 2012-09" which is correct at the time of signature, right? SHould I have handwritten "present" instead? I am really worried that this could now means grounds for refusal? I just did not think to put that as when typing it asks you for a numerical entry.... Has anyone else done it like us?? I have actually emailed CHC to ask if it's a problem but can't stop thinking a about it now!

Please advise - thanks!
We did the same as you and haven't had any forms returned at any stage of the process. Currrently we are are waiting for passport requests.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks AlJay, that's good to know. I think the forms were returned originally because of the gaps but I believe we have corrected that problem now (i hope!) It's hard because it could be interpreted in a few different ways and we're not sure how pedantic they are? I am kicking myself though for not thinking of putting "to present" in!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

trinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. Can so relate to the postman stalking comment. Good to know it isn't just me
I wasn't stalking the postman, I was positively dreading him in case he brought requests for TB tests or anything else like that!

If you are waiting for passport requests it's probably email you need to be checking as that's how ours came
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

trinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Thanks AlJay, that's good to know. I think the forms were returned originally because of the gaps but I believe we have corrected that problem now (i hope!) It's hard because it could be interpreted in a few different ways and we're not sure how pedantic they are? I am kicking myself though for not thinking of putting "to present" in!
We just left the to bit blank as we didn't know how long this was all going to take, they are probably not too worried about that anyway as they know where we are, we're not likely to move without telling them at this stage!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

WoooHoooo passport requests arrived via email..... cannot believe we are nearly at end of all of this... celebrating tonight....quite impressed they only received the corrected draft just over a week ago ...

Jane I wouldn't worry too much about that on form I'm pretty sure they get many variants....I have my fingers and toes crossed that it will be fine for you..
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Forgot to say they want copies... and more!! photographs......
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woohoo Anne - so pleased for you!
Thanks -I'm probably worrying for nothing but you know how it is!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jane we are only 7 am here so cannot celebrate yet!!! I know about the worrying you second guess yourself the whole time... but i believe you will be fine
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's never too early to start!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

cde219 is an unknown quantity at this point

woohoo brill news Anne

yeah we needed to send 2 more photo's each at the proper spec not the normal passport size!

Jane try not to worry too much I am sure the forms will be fine

London received our copies of Passports and info today according to our Tracking on Royal Mail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.