2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Good Morning!

I have a quick question for those who have recieved PPR in the post.. Did they give you a label to use to mail in your application? I got my request via email and it still says 'use the provided label when sending in your passports'.

I wondered what the label had on it, or was it just the address and your file number.. as if so i'll just make my own.

cheers!
Alan
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

charlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have been following this thread with interest. We started our PR application process in 2007 and have, like everyone else, had the right hump with the length of time it all takes.I the mean time we have got on with life as normal and had a little boy. We received our passport requests just before Christmas and have just sent them off. So now it is the rush to land, before our medicals run out(july). We are looking at Nova Scotia, but are not rushing to move, yet, with the rubbish exchange rate, unless a job comes up! Anyway a little of the enthusism has worn off a bit at the moment. I am sure though that when we land in June and have another scout around the excitement will return!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alanandson
Good Morning!

I have a quick question for those who have recieved PPR in the post.. Did they give you a label to use to mail in your application? I got my request via email and it still says 'use the provided label when sending in your passports'.

I wondered what the label had on it, or was it just the address and your file number.. as if so i'll just make my own.

cheers!
Alan
No, I didn't receive a label in my envelope. If I had been going to send my passports in then I would do as you have suggested,viz address and file number on the front. I collect mine from CHC London on Thursday..........
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
No, I didn't receive a label in my envelope. If I had been going to send my passports in then I would do as you have suggested,viz address and file number on the front. I collect mine from CHC London on Thursday..........
Bet you can't wait woohoo
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

sounds good. Off in the post they go..
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Bet you can't wait woohoo
Yep......excited as can be......I'll put in a word for you if you send me a pm.........seriously! I could hand them a piece of paper with your name, file number and date of AOR and ask them if they could please look into it and contact you......PM me. You just never know and it can't hurt can it?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Yep......excited as can be......I'll put in a word for you if you send me a pm.........seriously! I could hand them a piece of paper with your name, file number and date of AOR and ask them if they could please look into it and contact you......PM me. You just never know and it can't hurt can it?
I would give that a go. It crossed my mind when I was down there CP - the people are so helpful.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Come on CP........pm me! There's nothing to lose & nothing ventured, nothing gained........(Just sending this so you get another email to spur you on!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:00 pm
The analyser

supermum is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Hi,

I've been reading this thread for a while but only really now compelled to comment.

We applied in Oct 2007 under the skilled worker app and received our AOR Nov 2007.

Like others, I initially held my breath for update documents, further announcements to the point of looking for the post arriving each day.

Eventually, and it took a while, I realised I was so stressed out about our application topped with doing so much research about moving (I mean, I had sheets of moving tips typed out!)....I wasn't in a good place. I made probably the best decision I have so far with this application.....just forgot about it.

Since then, I've had a second child, returned to work, we're looking to move to a bigger property later this year blah blah. Added to that watching a dire economy added to a rubbish exchange rate.....I feel quite lucky we've not been given our visas as I don't think we'd go.

The longer it gets, the more I'm getting settled into a more 'local' family life - the sort I had ironically envisaged having in Canada - and sometimes I wonder if we will end up going over. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't look like the answers will come (however much effort you put in to asking questions) so maybe it's best to concentrate on and enjoy what you do have and eventually you will have your day!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by supermum
Hi,

I've been reading this thread for a while but only really now compelled to comment.

We applied in Oct 2007 under the skilled worker app and received our AOR Nov 2007.

Like others, I initially held my breath for update documents, further announcements to the point of looking for the post arriving each day.

Eventually, and it took a while, I realised I was so stressed out about our application topped with doing so much research about moving (I mean, I had sheets of moving tips typed out!)....I wasn't in a good place. I made probably the best decision I have so far with this application.....just forgot about it.

Since then, I've had a second child, returned to work, we're looking to move to a bigger property later this year blah blah. Added to that watching a dire economy added to a rubbish exchange rate.....I feel quite lucky we've not been given our visas as I don't think we'd go.

The longer it gets, the more I'm getting settled into a more 'local' family life - the sort I had ironically envisaged having in Canada - and sometimes I wonder if we will end up going over. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't look like the answers will come (however much effort you put in to asking questions) so maybe it's best to concentrate on and enjoy what you do have and eventually you will have your day!
So have you not even received a request for documents?

I do understand how you feel. You have to carry on with life in the UK - you can't put your whole life on hold for 4+ years. We've had two kids since we applied and I suppose I feel quite different about moving now. Like you, I've also become more involved with the local community and have started to feel quite settled where we live.

Not having kids when we originally applied meant we were willing to move out and get any job we could, but now we have them to support, we feel we need to be sure at least one of us has a 'proper' job lined up. And with my husband being a teacher, we're not feeling overly positive!

I also feel guilty about taking the kids away from their grandparents. I think my parents are hoping we've dropped the idea as we've not mentioned it for ages!

Having said that, now we've had our medicals done, I am really anxious to hear the final outcome and get really excited about the idea of moving to Canada. It has always been our dream, and although it's feels more of a risk now than it did pre-children, I hope we can give it a go.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by susieh

I do understand how you feel. You have to carry on with life in the UK - you can't put your whole life on hold for 4+ years. We've had two kids since we applied and I suppose I feel quite different about moving now. Like you, I've also become more involved with the local community and have started to feel quite settled where we live.

Not having kids when we originally applied meant we were willing to move out and get any job we could, but now we have them to support, we feel we need to be sure at least one of us has a 'proper' job lined up. And with my husband being a teacher, we're not feeling overly positive!

I also feel guilty about taking the kids away from their grandparents. I think my parents are hoping we've dropped the idea as we've not mentioned it for ages!

Having said that, now we've had our medicals done, I am really anxious to hear the final outcome and get really excited about the idea of moving to Canada. It has always been our dream, and although it's feels more of a risk now than it did pre-children, I hope we can give it a go.
Hi there

Yeh, we've felt the same. Our 2 daughters were 8 and 6 when we applied, but they are now 11 and 9 and things change, however, i think you have to give it a go if it's been a dream, because i don't want to be sitting when i'm older saying to myself 'what if' and have regrets, so you know what, we give it a go and if it dosen't work out we come back. You get one life and you have to follow your dreams.
We are waiting with bated breath every time the postman comes up the path and checking emails before we go to bed incase they request passports that way, as some have had emails rather than post.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:23 pm
The analyser

supermum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by susieh

Hi,

No, other than the receipt, we've heard nothing so far - but from what I've seen I'm not alone.

My gut feeling is to let the application run it's course....and if we're eventually lucky enough to get visas, evaluate life as it is at that point and work out what we want to do/what's best. I suppose that means losing a bit of money (on the application and medicals) if we don't go but I don't know what the future holds work/life wise in the UK and global economy so it's a small loss compared to an unwise full on move to another country at the wrong time of life.

I feel lucky that the kids (currently 3.5 and 2) aren't going to get really settled with friends/secondary school if we do leave. And it's mainly for family/quality of life reasons that we want to go. However I do draw on the expertise of expat 'hindsight' from this site and I understand that if life is 'good' and pretty 'easy' for you in the UK then it's not really time to go. I suppose I'm lucky in that being the reasoning I fall back on to not worry about our application.

I do feel sad though to see other people, who applied around the same time and are chomping at the bit to go regardless of exhange and economy, getting the same radio silence as us.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 1:01 pm
Around and around...

Spirael will become famous soon enoughSpirael will become famous soon enough

Long time lurker here... Applied February 2008 (just before the cut off) and still waiting for a documents request! Hopefully 2011 will be the year, for all of us.

I'm another one who's had a child in that time, but my daughter is only six months old so hopefully we'll be moving before she gets too settled. So I'm not too worried about that issue! More pressing is that I would prefer we moved before giving her a sibling, but we'll see.

It's been a long time, but my husband and I still have the Canadian Dream. Someday, someday!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:55 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all those that are new to this thread. So nice to see more 2007/8ers

Fingers crossed that we we will all get somewhere this year. I really mean that. At least when I can see the queue is moving it gives me a little hope!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Hi all

We are in such a predicament! We are 2007ers and are on the Ottawa pilot, had meds done Sept 2010, so waiting for a decison, the problem we have is i work for the local authority and as you already probably know from the news LA's have to make massive savings and i'v just been told that my post is now at risk, so the predicament is do i take my Vol. redundency with the hope of getting our PR request or hangfire incase we don't get accepted, as i do have a slight helath problem and i don't know if it will be classed as a burden on their health service. AAAHHHHHHHHH
Thanks for the offload!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.