2007 queue - where are we up to?

Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

ellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2007 queue - where are we up to?

Originally Posted by 27mich71
Hello there

New to the site!
We submitted our FSW in August 2007 and strangly our AOR date stamped on the letter was April 2007!!!
We haven't heard a dickie bird.
Things have also changed dramatically for me as i was diagnosed with Melignant Melanoma and a beign tumer on the brain, everything is under obs, but this could really not happen for us now

Anyone experienced anything themselves or have heard of anyone dealing with this through emmigration? Could mean we can't go!

Thanks

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Our medicals were last Dec 09 and I had previously had a mole removed that when the doctor looked at the pathology report turned out to be a Grade 1 malignant melanoma.I hadn't required any treatment but we were really worried that this may hinder our application. Anyway yesterday we received our passports and visas which was a huge relief! for you Michelle, hope it all goes well.

Ellejay
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Natalieb207
Got a letter so nervous opening it hoping it to be our medical request. It said our request for Permanent Residence has not been successful.

Clips from the letter!
It has been determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada..........
......Your job NOC is not eligible for assessment for immigration purposes.
...Subsection 75(30 states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required.

GUTTED Never did we think we would be refused on my other half job. He is a mechanical engineer.

Time for Plan B (what ever that may be)
Sorry to hear that. I have been told that we have applied under the wrong NOC code but we think it's correct. Time will tell, we may be in the same boat as you in a few months
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to bounce this again as lots more updates have come out and its great for others still waiting including ourselves to see how far along the list is,

Sadly nothing here still good luck everyone looks like there are a couple for Oct arrived act1980 so fingers crossed hun

Forgot too add please add your updates etc if you can even if on another thread
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Natalieb207
Got a letter so nervous opening it hoping it to be our medical request. It said our request for Permanent Residence has not been successful.

Clips from the letter!
It has been determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada..........
......Your job NOC is not eligible for assessment for immigration purposes.
...Subsection 75(30 states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required.

GUTTED Never did we think we would be refused on my other half job. He is a mechanical engineer.

Time for Plan B (what ever that may be)
What NOC did you apply under?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Hi all,

We received our 90-day update letter on Friday (19th), AOR Oct'07.

Just waiting for my family to scan the letter over here so I can start the document checks and get everything sent off!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:43 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alanandson
Hi all,

We received our 90-day update letter on Friday (19th), AOR Oct'07.

Just waiting for my family to scan the letter over here so I can start the document checks and get everything sent off!
Congrats and good luck, it finally feels like your getting somewhere when that letter arrives
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

thanks - it does, after all that time..

I take it you fill out a more 'full' application now, to accompany your docs? I mean, in 2-3 years a lot has changed. (Now Married etc.) and several years ago I had a good grasp of french, (basic) but now it has escaped me, or at least to the point where I wouldn't make it through a basic test, so i'd like to omit that from our application.. I know we will lose points, but that's not an issue, more just I don't want them to expect test results!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:24 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alanandson
thanks - it does, after all that time..

I take it you fill out a more 'full' application now, to accompany your docs? I mean, in 2-3 years a lot has changed. (Now Married etc.) and several years ago I had a good grasp of french, (basic) but now it has escaped me, or at least to the point where I wouldn't make it through a basic test, so i'd like to omit that from our application.. I know we will lose points, but that's not an issue, more just I don't want them to expect test results!
Yup just fill out the forms that are true to your circumstances now. We added me onto my hubbies aplication as we wern't married when we applied and didnt have commonlaw proof. We just filled out the forms for both of us, included the fee for me and put in with our covering letter that I was being added onto the application.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a July 2007 AOR. Sent all our 120 day stuff off in August last year, and still waiting for medical requests....
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jericho
We have a July 2007 AOR. Sent all our 120 day stuff off in August last year, and still waiting for medical requests....
hopefully you'll hear something soon , fingers crossed!

I take it you submit the originals, not copies, of documents? It also asks for a 'long' birth certificate. I have my original, but i'll need to find out if this is a long one or not. My understanding is that a short one is just a reference to the actual certificate, where-as a long one is a copy of, or the actual certificate.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Was just thinking about the stages we go through for the immigration process.

First decide where, Canada New Zealand or Australia well there other countries but they don't count xx
Fill out the application ( which is quite complicated to get your head round esp with non accompanying dependents etc,
Then get the money together and send it all off, then they send it back telling you, you didn't include something that they said was an option in the first place.

Wait patiently for the AOR, wahoo when that arrives,

Then you wait and you wait until you see updates near to your AOR start to collect the info and wait, watching the post, Stalking the postman, ( used to be they were afraid of the dogs ):rifle:

All the while you are talking abut it ( having told family and friends all about it ) till they tell you to shut up about it all it takes over your life, you are addicted to BE and Trackitt and loose touch with the real world, as well of course as reccis and hols to chosen destination, research and as much info on homes schools jobs etc etc.

Then ( we hope ) the update letter arrives and panick sets in as you realise you only have 90 days to get all this info together, esp the police checks by the time they come you have bitten away your nails and gained so much weight from comfort eating you are worrying about the meds

After you send back the update info you have sleepless nights as to weather you sent everything having checked and double checked everything

Then you wait again and wait and wait until you get the meds requests thats if they didn't need anymore info and your police checks are still valid

So you go on a mad keepfit and diet by the time you have your meds done you are anaemic and blood pressure through the roof because of all the worry pay via intravenous banking transfer to the doc for his hour of humiliation sitting in front of him in your best undies ?

And you wait again,

Finally when you can't take anymore and you have seen the 30th person through your house, opening all the cupboards you shoved everything into to hide after your half hour warning from the Estate agent,

You get your passport request providing they are happy with the meds of course.

So you send your passports and sell your house, contents and kids to the highest bidder, loose yourself in a bottle so you can cope with all the stress as many times as you can do without appearing to be an alcoholic

then the envelope arrives with the stamp in and you are exhausted beyond belief and we celebrate, we think its all over but oh no

Then the fun starts you have to beg steal and borrow the cash for landing ( unless you won the lottery ) cancel your life here, friends, family and standing orders pay yet more money for some company to throw your stuff into a container, sort out the pet flights etc etc etc etc so we can have a better life and thats if it all goes according to plan.

please someone remind me why are we doing this
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

jugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

First decide where, Canada New Zealand or Australia well there other countries but they don't count xx
Fill out the application ( which is quite complicated to get your head round esp with non accompanying dependents etc,
Then get the money together and send it all off, then they send it back telling you, you didn't include something that they said was an option in the first place.

Then you wait and you wait until you see updates near to your AOR start to collect the info and wait, watching the post, Stalking the postman, ( used to be they were afraid of the dogs ):rifle:

All the while you are talking abut it ( having told family and friends all about it ) till they tell you to shut up about it all it takes over your life, you are addicted to BE and Trackitt and loose touch with the real world, as well of course as reccis and hols to chosen destination, research and as much info on homes schools jobs etc etc.

Then ( we hope ) the update letter arrives and panick sets in as you realise you only have 90 days to get all this info together, esp the police checks by the time they come you have bitten away your nails and gained so much weight from comfort eating you are worrying about the meds

After you send back the update info you have sleepless nights as to weather you sent everything having checked and double checked everything

Then you wait again and wait and wait until you get the meds requests thats if they didn't need anymore info and your police checks are still valid

So you go on a mad keepfit and diet by the time you have your meds done you are anaemic and blood pressure through the roof because of all the worry pay via intravenous banking transfer to the doc for his hour of humiliation sitting in front of him in your best undies ?

And you wait again,

Finally when you can't take anymore and you have seen the 30th person through your house, opening all the cupboards you shoved everything into to hide after your half hour warning from the Estate agent,

So you send your passports and sell your house, contents and kids to the highest bidder, loose yourself in a bottle so you can cope with all the stress as many times as you can do without appearing to be an alcoholic

then the envelope arrives with the stamp in and you are exhausted beyond belief and we celebrate, we think its all over but oh no

Then the fun starts you have to beg steal and borrow the cash for landing ( unless you won the lottery ) cancel your life here, friends, family and standing orders pay yet more money for some company to throw your stuff into a container, sort out the pet flights etc etc etc etc so we can have a better life and thats if it all goes according to plan.

This is just too true to actually be true!! I can relate to the majority of this post already, and I just know we will be doing exactly the same as you have put as we move forward in the process....... 'Addicted to BE and Trackitt and losing touch with the outside world' - yep, thats me!

Brilliantly put!!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 2:39 am
Officially Expats!!!

maxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to all

AOR June 2007; 120 Day Letter May 2009; Docs Received at CHC July 2009

Got a reply to an email in February stating that it was still 'awaiting review' :curse:

Thinking of getting our local MP (Canadian) to chase it up as CHC will have to give full update.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

And you wait again,

Very well put. We can only hope it's all been worth it when and if we finally get those visa's!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tracys
Very well put. We can only hope it's all been worth it when and if we finally get those visa's!
When when when when

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.