Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Originally Posted by greentea3
Hi KevinM,

Just wondered how the application is going? Did you send off more info for them?
I find it terrible you sent in info over 6 months ago and now they are asking for more.

Hope it all works out.
Hi, No we havnt sent it off yet, we need work details from my wifes work she has just been made redundant so its a little tricky, we should be sending the updates soon, at the moment looks like we wont know a reply if we are in or not for sometime yet, which may come a little late for my planned reccie next year. I think its a bit of a coincidence that I emailed them on the 30th July to say whats going on then on the 31st they send me a email saying you have been sent a letter, do you think someone went actually they have been waiting to long lets do it now ? Though it then took a week to receive the letter, i think it was sent by caribou.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

SNOWDUDE is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgive me I am new to this forum, I 'am completly bemused by the two tier processing system that seems to be split in two streams ; ultra slow & ultra fast.

Is there any reason why those on the old system can't just withdraw their current applications & imediatly submit a new application under the new fast system.

From what I have read some of the new applications are going from AOR to meds in a few weeks, this would surley be quicker and more certain than waiting - or am I missing something?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:16 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

I don't qualify under the new rules. Simple as that!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Snowdude and welcome.
Applying under the new system for PR as a skilled worker means your job has to be on the list of 38 " Desired Occupations".
My job isn't on this list. Therefore I wouldn't be eligible under the new system.
Good luck to the new applicants, I'm happy for them.
But it is very frustrating when you here of new applicants getting medical requests and PPR only a few weeks after applying.
Presumably we're waiting so long because all available resources at CIC are busy pushing new applicants through.
After 3 years of waiting I know that I and a few other people on this forum are entitled to be cheesed off !
Old Sep 17th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kevinm
Hi, No we havnt sent it off yet, we need work details from my wifes work she has just been made redundant so its a little tricky, we should be sending the updates soon, at the moment looks like we wont know a reply if we are in or not for sometime yet, which may come a little late for my planned reccie next year. I think its a bit of a coincidence that I emailed them on the 30th July to say whats going on then on the 31st they send me a email saying you have been sent a letter, do you think someone went actually they have been waiting to long lets do it now ? Though it then took a week to receive the letter, i think it was sent by caribou.
Just a quick update, I have sent back my details today.
How long do you think I will have to wait now, I would imagine they have done some work on it already.
I should run a sweepstake.
Old Sep 17th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Kevin.
It looks like nothing much is coming ot of CIC at the moment.
They're probably worn out after pushing all those new applicants through !
With a bit of luck they'll get their fingers out and get on with our applications.
I've noticed very few PPRs coming out of London lately.
Postal strikes probably don't help matters.
I'm losing the will to live :curse:
Old Sep 18th 2009, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Hi Kevin.
It looks like nothing much is coming ot of CIC at the moment.
They're probably worn out after pushing all those new applicants through !
With a bit of luck they'll get their fingers out and get on with our applications.
I've noticed very few PPRs coming out of London lately.
Postal strikes probably don't help matters.
I'm losing the will to live :curse:
Keep your chin up - we've got our fingers crossed for you!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Madhouse !
We never imagined it would take this long after doing meds.
I fully expected we'd be over in Canada and started new life by June or July.
I've got the impression that CIC have stopped issuing PPRs at the moment.
The last rush seemed to be around the end of July.
It's 11 months since we got our 90 day letter and started rushing about for docs.
But it looks like we needn't have been in any hurry.
Fed up
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

As you can see by our timeline, we have been waiting FOREVER!!!

Our immigration lawyer has been in touch with CIC about a month ago, and they just emailed back saying ""Please be advised that this application is awaiting the review of an Immigration Officer."" - whatever that means!

We are getting extremely frustrated.

It's 'funny' how one can already own a property in Canada (nearly 5 years now), pay taxes every year, own a car, pay insurances, but still have to wait all this time to hear, well, nothing...
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ga1lf
I feel for you all, I really do. I felt that my wait for my passport request was getting a little excessive, next thing I know it arrived.
It felt like the person in charge of issuing them was on holiday, someone else commented on this and then before you know it, they were flying out to lots of us. Mabe the person dealing with medical requests is now on holiday!! Keep up the faith, I pray you all hear soon.

Have to admit, it was frustrating hearing people complain about the wait when it hadn't even been a year since they applied but good luck to us all on this stressful journey.
Hi I too am frustrated about the people moaning about the wait when they have even waited very long. My hubby and I applied September 2006 and we have already have landed this year (Visa's arrived May 09). It was 2.5 years where we more or less put our life on hold. WE are one of the lucky ones and it isn't always going to be easy and people are not always guaranteed a visa at the end of it. I hope that these frustrated people are not goingI did see on one forum a lady compalining about Canada, about the 2 weeks holiday etc. She claimed to have done her research but I doubt this very much. Every piece of info has this information etc. Take this waiting time to do further research and see schools, homes etc on internet. Also to save as ard as possible as we have found "hidden" costs such as our dog's jabs etc

Still I do wish everyone waiting the very best of luck and if moving to Ontario, we must have a meet up next year!!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Hi,
Applied: Dec., 2006
AOR: February, 2007
Doc. update requested: Feb., 2009
Documents updated: May, 2009
Request for additional docs. with 30 day deadline received: July 23, 2009
Actually ended up reading the letter (was away on business travel, etc.): Sep.10, 2009
Sent response to them with a 23 day delay.

I wrote to them on Sep.10 profusely apologizing for the delay. I emailed them the same letter as well. No response still. Co-incidentally, just after they snail-mailed the request for additonal docs. on July 23 to my home address, they e-mailed asking me whether they should send correspondence to my home address or to my consultant's. I had replied to the e-mail that they should send it to the latter without realising that they had already sent the letter to my home address. In my response on Sep.10, I pointed this out (delicately) and mentioned that this was one of the reasons for my delay.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. I can't retrieve any information on e-cas for whatever reason. Do you think they will summarily dismiss my case because I delayed sending additional docs. (2nd round) by 23 days? In a way, CIC too is to blame.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 1:25 am
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice
Question Re: 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Originally Posted by moley39
Hi I too am frustrated about the people moaning about the wait when they have even waited very long. My hubby and I applied September 2006 and we have already have landed this year (Visa's arrived May 09). It was 2.5 years where we more or less put our life on hold. WE are one of the lucky ones and it isn't always going to be easy and people are not always guaranteed a visa at the end of it. I hope that these frustrated people are not goingI did see on one forum a lady compalining about Canada, about the 2 weeks holiday etc. She claimed to have done her research but I doubt this very much. Every piece of info has this information etc. Take this waiting time to do further research and see schools, homes etc on internet. Also to save as ard as possible as we have found "hidden" costs such as our dog's jabs etc

Still I do wish everyone waiting the very best of luck and if moving to Ontario, we must have a meet up next year!!
Could you just clarify something for me, are you complaining because people who have been in the queue for over 3 years are upset, frustrated, annoyed and who feel as if there life is on hold ? Do you mean that these frustrated people shouldn't be allowed in to Canada on the off chance they might bump in to you somewhere which would be upsetting for you ?
How much extra research would you suggest in the extra 1-2 years that people are waiting ?
If 'moaners' don't know for definite if they will be accepted, is there a research limit you would recommend after people have sorted out the vacation allowance ?
Having been in the queue for just over 44 months, I would welcome the enlightment you would be in a position to dispense.
I thank you for your good wishes and can't wait to be in the position where we could actually meet up in Canada.
Or not as the case may be.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by How long
Could you just clarify something for me, are you complaining because people who have been in the queue for over 3 years are upset, frustrated, annoyed and who feel as if there life is on hold ? Do you mean that these frustrated people shouldn't be allowed in to Canada on the off chance they might bump in to you somewhere which would be upsetting for you ?
How much extra research would you suggest in the extra 1-2 years that people are waiting ?
If 'moaners' don't know for definite if they will be accepted, is there a research limit you would recommend after people have sorted out the vacation allowance ?
Having been in the queue for just over 44 months, I would welcome the enlightment you would be in a position to dispense.
I thank you for your good wishes and can't wait to be in the position where we could actually meet up in Canada.
Or not as the case may be.
just to clarifyi wasn't complaining at all about those that have been in the a for 3 years plus. It was sort of aimed at those who r on the new system who don't have to wait as long as the old yet still haven't heard yet. I was replying to someone else who felt the same as I do. I don't feel that there was any call for the sarcastic comments that you have posted and am annoyed that you took my comment to be in a derogatory way.

Still we have our visas and a date for moving, but we are still doing research for various things.

We are all entitled to our opinion, whether others agree or disagree.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:31 am
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice
Smile Re: 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Moley,
The reason I asked was because I couldn't understand what you were trying to say, I still don't.
Does that make me a compaliner or a moaner ?