Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:18 am
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Hi everyone,

Ok, I am a December 2006'er, can anyone tell me roughly what kind of timescale it will be for receiving our medical requests? we have submitted our documents 3 weeks ago by hand to London.

Am getting disheartened as I have checked CIC's website and it says that in the majority of cases (80 %) it takes them (London) 41 months from start to finish for finalising the process - if that is true then it could be another 12 months for us to wait

Sorry to whinge! but just want to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

---------
Applied Federal Skilled Worker Dec 2006, Never received AOR, 90 day letter sent by email May 2009, handed in documents by hand July 2009
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:00 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006'er - how long to wait for meds?

Hiya,

We waited 3 months for our Med Requests. See our timeline below.

Might be worth you checking out the following website as well, so that you can see lot's of other people's timelines:

www.trackitt.com

Karen
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by greentea3
Hi everyone,

Ok, I am a December 2006'er, can anyone tell me roughly what kind of timescale it will be for receiving our medical requests? we have submitted our documents 3 weeks ago by hand to London.

Am getting disheartened as I have checked CIC's website and it says that in the majority of cases (80 %) it takes them (London) 41 months from start to finish for finalising the process - if that is true then it could be another 12 months for us to wait

Sorry to whinge! but just want to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

---------
Applied Federal Skilled Worker Dec 2006, Never received AOR, 90 day letter sent by email May 2009, handed in documents by hand July 2009
Hi, I have now been waiting nearly 6 months, we handed ours back on 27/01/09, getting pretty frustrated by it now.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevinm
Hi, I have now been waiting nearly 6 months, we handed ours back on 27/01/09, getting pretty frustrated by it now.
Have you had any communication from them at all? When was the last time you emailed them?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

reggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,

---------
We waited 2 months for medical. See timeline below.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KS2008
Have you had any communication from them at all? When was the last time you emailed them?
I emailed them 4 weeks ago, asking how are things going, they said we will start tolook into it soon. Thats after having it 5 months. since then we have moved home and had a daughter. So I updated our details online and they are now asking for $150 to add my daughter, I dont mind the extra money but I feel I should of heard by now, so if the decision is No (we get 67 points, so borderline) then we would of paid that for no reason + my daughter will not make any difference to my application. Where I stnad now is Im not sure if they have stopped it until I send in the updated info. ?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

sengabo is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied in Jan 2007 , received update request in March 2009 , sent my documents in April 2009 .

So far i did not hear anything from them !!!!

I am very frustrated too !
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

I emailed them 4 weeks ago, asking how are things going, they said we will start tolook into it soon. Thats after having it 5 months. since then we have moved home and had a daughter. So I updated our details online and they are now asking for $150 to add my daughter, I dont mind the extra money but I feel I should of heard by now, so if the decision is No (we get 67 points, so borderline) then we would of paid that for no reason + my daughter will not make any difference to my application. Where I stnad now is Im not sure if they have stopped it until I send in the updated info. ?
I really don't think that there is such a thing as being borderline on the points score. Whether you get 67 points or 77 points or 100 points shouldn't make any difference, all that matters is crossing that magic threshold (I'm pretty sure that I was bang on 67 points). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are waiting for your additional $150 and that they aren't going to do anything until they get it.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:39 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi again,

It is just ridiculous and KevinM - I totally can understand your frustration. I don't know what to say but we are all in the same boat and I guess we just have to keep staying positive.
I would suggest that you keep sending them emails (nice ones of course!!) finding out what is going on. I did read somewhere on here that there was someone who had waited a long time for medicals to come through emailed CIC to find out and on the same day they emailed him back with his med request.

Best of luck
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Clarey73 is on a distinguished road

We too are from the 06 applicants and we submitted our update docs in Jan 09 we then got our med requests in March 09 but i'd just had a baby 3 days earlier so had to add him to the application first before they'd let us go ahead with the medicals. We then had another 3 month wait for my newborns med form which came in June. So if you've added your baby and paid the fee it may take a couple of months for them to send you the med forms as your newborn needs one also.
Good luck hope they get it to you quick the waiting is a killer isnt it?!?!?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clarey73
We too are from the 06 applicants and we submitted our update docs in Jan 09 we then got our med requests in March 09 but i'd just had a baby 3 days earlier so had to add him to the application first before they'd let us go ahead with the medicals. We then had another 3 month wait for my newborns med form which came in June. So if you've added your baby and paid the fee it may take a couple of months for them to send you the med forms as your newborn needs one also.
Good luck hope they get it to you quick the waiting is a killer isnt it?!?!?
Thanks for the heads up, its not so much the waiting to go over to Canada its the waiting to know if we have been accepted. Im waiting to book flights etc for a rekkie but if we havnt been accepted then its not really worth it.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

Hi .... we are feeling exactly the same way
Applied jan 07 , documents sent in april 14th 09 and waiting and waiting and waiting for med request ..

It is so horrible as every day friends and family are asking , I feel like a record stuck !
I have e mailed a week ago to cic and no reply as yet

If only they could see the impact all this waiting has on a family ..
No ones fault that the process has changed with the new fast track but how great for those guys who get in in under a year ...
We are all waiting and doing our best hey .
Julie
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

---------
Hi
We applied December 28th 2006, sent second lots of docs off on 24th of May 2009 and got our med request yesterday by post. This was only a 6 week gap...there doesn't seem to be a set pattern!!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

andybeavan is an unknown quantity at this point

we submitted our documents in January and received med requests within 3 weeks. It was a false dawn as we had our medicals on March 23rd and despite additional information being submitted we are still waiting. We both got made redundant and so we have had to make new commitments here in England. The stress of the waiting has had unforseen impacts on our lives, which I would never put myself through again. I'm glad for the new people in the quick system as this one sucks and it gives the wrong impression of the country.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

I feel for you all, I really do. I felt that my wait for my passport request was getting a little excessive, next thing I know it arrived.
It felt like the person in charge of issuing them was on holiday, someone else commented on this and then before you know it, they were flying out to lots of us. Mabe the person dealing with medical requests is now on holiday!! Keep up the faith, I pray you all hear soon.

Have to admit, it was frustrating hearing people complain about the wait when it hadn't even been a year since they applied but good luck to us all on this stressful journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.