*Warning: ETA issues

Old Jan 10th 2017, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *Warning: ETA issues

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Good Morning,

we are about 1 week away from getting on the plane to Toronto. I checked briefly about requiring an ETA and it said that I did not need to apply. Just to be sure I will ask the question here to be safe.

We are a family of 5. Myself travelling on a LMIA to get my work permit when I arrive and my Wife and three kids will travel with me. We will be travelling on Irish passports.
Do any of us need ETA's?

Regards

Farmboy
What said you don't need eTA? Link please.

If you are all Irish citizens travelling on Irish passports and flying into Canada then you require an eTA. Have you been issued a work permit or will you be getting one at the POE? When was the work permit issued if you have one?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...ic.asp?st=16.7

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Jan 10th 2017 at 9:10 am.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lancastrian,

Thank you for your reply.

I will present my LMIA etc at the POE and collect my work permit.
I will log on later and get my ETA's sorted.

Regards

Farmboy
Old Jan 10th 2017, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Says the man that wrote 'return buy air'.

I think we've established that the OP's partner should have checked his ETA status prior to trying to fly, and that it was the airline's error and not CIC's (now that we know his IEC was issued after 2015, which wasn't clear from the first few posts). Not sure what else can be added tbh, but let's keep the squabbling away from the immi forum please.
Always said it was the airlines error, didn't blame Canadian immigration.
But can we be clear for anyone reading this, you don't need an ETA each time you fly ? As this seems to be what is being implied here with the "return by air" comments
Old Jan 10th 2017, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadianInGasgow
Always said it was the airlines error, didn't blame Canadian immigration.
But can we be clear for anyone reading this, you don't need an ETA each time you fly ? As this seems to be what is being implied here with the "return by air" comments
One might, or one does, depending.

Do you mean "one does not need to apply for a new eta each time one flies/travels, if one has a valid eta"?
Old Jan 10th 2017, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Look something went wrong. You'll probably never find out what exactly but someone made a mistake ... Maybe the airline, maybe IRCC who knows. The takeaway from this is that Brits who aren't PRs or Canadian citizens need an eTA to return to Canada by air, so it's prudent to check your eTA status before you fly.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 10th 2017 at 2:09 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Look something went wrong. You'll probably never find out what exactly but someone made a mistake ... Maybe the airline, maybe IRCC who knows. The takeaway from this is that Brits who aren't PRs or Canadian citizens need an eTA to return to Canada by air, so it's prudent to check your eTA status before you fly.
+1. And on that note, as it seems the OP has left the forum, I'll close this thread. Anybody with an ETA query, please start a new thread, thx.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 5:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Check your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) Status here:

https://onlineservices-servicesenlig...nQuery?lang=en