Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

**** Amendments to IRPA as tabled ****

**** Amendments to IRPA as tabled ****

Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:49 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: **** Amendments to IRPA as tabled ****

Buffalo will not be issuing this year visas for any SW cases submitted on or after Feb 27 2008 - they will be issuing visas for applications received in 2006 and 2007. No problem with using federal SW quotas for this year.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:15 am
Just Joined

chelsea2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I called CIC , the following ph number 613-954-1064(CIC) or 613-952-1650.(Media relations) They told me that since immigration instructions was made law in June, fall election will not affect it.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

No effect....

Unless the liberals get in and repeal the law - which will effect them big time. Especially as it will mean the ministerial instructions of the law they are talking about could never saw the light of day.

Or the Conservatives get back in and they will give CIC new instructions and it will effect them as they will take the applications off hold and start looking at them against a new set of criteria, guidelines and processing rules.

If neither of them is an effect, at a minimum it will have the effect of delaying the ministers new instructions by a month or maybe two.

I would hazard a guess that the election will have an effect on CIC one way or another even if they don't think it will for how things are post Sept until the election and then post election vs. if there had been no election and post Sept.

There will be a few new internal memos that fly around the innards of CIC about new things that happen as a fallout of this election one way or the other.

Kind Regards

Ben

Last edited by BenB2; Sep 6th 2008 at 6:45 am.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

Although strictly speaking you are correct, while the election will have many Effects on CIC - I am sure they personally will remain un-Affected by those changes :@) unlike the people trying to immigrate who will certainly be Affected and Effected.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Buffalo will not be issuing this year visas for any SW cases submitted on or after Feb 27 2008 - they will be issuing visas for applications received in 2006 and 2007. No problem with using federal SW quotas for this year.
I think CIC will focus on processing CEC applications for the last quarter of 2008 as well as FSW cases with AEO point claimed.
however, the list and ministerial instruction should come out soon, i bet it will come out b4 election date, which is oct 14.
The wait is almost over, everyone.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Lagos22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timu12
I think CIC will focus on processing CEC applications for the last quarter of 2008 as well as FSW cases with AEO point claimed.
however, the list and ministerial instruction should come out soon, i bet it will come out b4 election date, which is oct 14.
The wait is almost over, everyone.
but do you think the instructions will affect CEC applications? I always thought the instructions are for regular FSW cases. I am wrong?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

FSW only.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

ONLY 38 OCCUPATIONS ARE ON THE LIST
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by timu12
ONLY 38 OCCUPATIONS ARE ON THE LIST
Where it the list? Could you please post the link? Thanks.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.canada-city.ca/canada-imm...essageid=25117
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, but why I can't find the occupations in this link?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:51 pm

Because there is none existing yet. The article in above link is just pre-election another rumor trying to scare voters and bring them back to vote Liberals.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

everything is super slow rite now.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew,what can i do to withdraw my fsw and re-apply through CEC? Thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:25 pm

If you have file number then simply withdraw. If you don't have file number then try to request withdrawal using your name and date of birth. If you used representative to submit application then you must also cancel the authorization.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.