Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Viewing properties

Viewing properties

Old Sep 14th 2020, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Viewing properties

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I have mentioned to my wife about north of Miskolc. I will have a look to see what's available. It will be a long way for us to travel to support my wife's mother on a daily basis.
Felsozcola is a nice area and only a few minutes from the Auchan on my side of Miskolc. And don't forget the new motorway Miskolc to Slovakia will be finished next year which makes travelling from anywhere further out, much quicker, and if I remember rightly it goes past Malyi? The video was taken on 12 September around the Szikszo area which is where at present you get delayed by the traffic lights in the centre of town.

https://ingatlan.com/felsozsolca/elado+haz

Last edited by Sachina; Sep 14th 2020 at 11:26 am.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Felsozcola is a nice area and only a few minutes from the Auchan on my side of Miskolc. And don't forget the new motorway Miskolc to Slovakia will be finished next year which makes travelling from anywhere further out, much quicker, and if I remember rightly it goes past Malyi? The video was taken on 12 September around the Szikszo area which is where at present you get delayed by the traffic lights in the centre of town.

https://ingatlan.com/felsozsolca/elado+haz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuS_Zl6k3Q8

Funny enough I'm actually looking at this area right now and was going to send a link to a house. Seeing an email from BritishExpats thought I'd click on it.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 1:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Funny enough I'm actually looking at this area right now and was going to send a link to a house. Seeing an email from BritishExpats thought I'd click on it.
Could you explain this further please. Are you saying that you received an e-mail from BE advertising a house?

Rosemary
Old Sep 14th 2020, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Could you explain this further please. Are you saying that you received an e-mail from BE advertising a house?

Rosemary
It's a notification someone had replied to my posting on BE-Hungary forum.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 2:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

It's a notification someone had replied to my posting on BE-Hungary forum.
Thank you for clarifying. We try to protect members from unwanted advertising and on occasions the spammers try to get around the system by sending e-mails so I wanted to ensure that you were not being pestered.

Rosemary
Old Sep 20th 2020, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

When buying a property are there any taxes that need paying?

Reason for asking is when I was looking at a property I noticed there was mention about a tax which had to be paid. I am not quite sure why. It could be that the property had been used for both a home with separate area for a business.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Reason for asking is when I was looking at a property I noticed there was mention about a tax which had to be paid. I am not quite sure why. It could be that the property had been used for both a home with separate area for a business.
You have to pay a small tax on the property after purchase. If I remember rightly it is or was about 2% of the purchase price.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

There is a tax to pay when buying a property which I seem to recall is 4% of the purchase price ....
Old Sep 20th 2020, 11:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
There is a tax to pay when buying a property which I seem to recall is 4% of the purchase price ....
Yes, 4%.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Yes, 4%.
It's gone up then since I bought my house!
Old Sep 20th 2020, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Of course, what an idiot I am. It's like the UK stamp duty.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told with my recent purchase that you don't pay this tax at the time of purchase but you will receive a request to pay, from the tax office, some number of months later.
I think there was, and still maybe a reduced rate for very cheap properties i.e. less than 10 million ft.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
It's gone up then since I bought my house!
I don't know when it went up but we paid 4 % back in 2015.

Originally Posted by ecurb
I was told with my recent purchase that you don't pay this tax at the time of purchase but you will receive a request to pay, from the tax office, some number of months later.
I think there was, and still maybe a reduced rate for very cheap properties i.e. less than 10 million ft.
And less than 60m2. Our tax demand took 18 months to materialise!

Old Sep 20th 2020, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ecurb
For some people, 10 million ft isn't very cheap!
Old Sep 20th 2020, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

We bought ours in joint names in 2018 for 5m HUF, I paid 4% and my Hungarian wife paid 2% because she was under some age threshold and first time buyer or something or other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.