Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Viewing properties

Viewing properties

Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Viewing properties

Just been told that my sister-in-law is in the early stages of Parkinsons so we have pulled back from her liaising with her estate agent friend in helping us find a property. So it looks like we will keep looking on Ingatlan and if we do not find anything rent a property until we find our dream house. At this point in time there's only one property to rent in the village where we want to live and sadly pets are not allowed! Damn!
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Just been told that my sister-in-law is in the early stages of Parkinsons so we have pulled back from her liaising with her estate agent friend in helping us find a property. So it looks like we will keep looking on Ingatlan and if we do not find anything rent a property until we find our dream house. At this point in time there's only one property to rent in the village where we want to live and sadly pets are not allowed! Damn!
Very sorry to hear that your sister-in-law has had a diagnosis of Parkinsons Re the property not allowing pets, is it worth asking anyway?
Old Jan 12th 2020, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Very sorry to hear that your sister-in-law has had a diagnosis of Parkinsons Re the property not allowing pets, is it worth asking anyway?
Will ask.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 12:33 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Will ask.
Goodo, never know your luck.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm in the dog house today. Back in August we viewed a property and in the basement were about fifty suitcases. I mentioned this to my wife today and asked where are the bodies. I did think this is pretty weird that there were about fifty suitcases in the basement. Why would anyone have this many suitcases. If we bought this property I wouldn't be surprised if one day one of our dogs brought into the house a femur bone! Sorry, I have a wicked sense of humour. Suffice to say the owners are very much into alternative health care, I.e. massages, etc. I think I've had one too many drinks today!
Old Jan 19th 2020, 4:16 pm
Concierge

I'm in the dog house today. Back in August we viewed a property and in the basement were about fifty suitcases. I mentioned this to my wife today and asked where are the bodies. I did think this is pretty weird that there were about fifty suitcases in the basement. Why would anyone have this many suitcases. If we bought this property I wouldn't be surprised if one day one of our dogs brought into the house a femur bone! Sorry, I have a wicked sense of humour. Suffice to say the owners are very much into alternative health care, I.e. massages, etc. I think I've had one too many drinks today!
Since you're in the dog house anyway, you may as well pop out and find your own femur bone. I'm sure your good wife would be delighted with the gift
Old Jan 19th 2020, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps previous owners had a suitcase acquisition scam at the airport !
Old Jan 19th 2020, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Perhaps previous owners had a suitcase acquisition scam at the airport !
Possibly. Or they bought unclaimed baggage from Budapest Airport via auction. I actually have a digital camera bought from eBay from unclaimed baggage from Gatwick Airport.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 5:04 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

If you buy the property just request the seller to remove the suitcases from the cellar. I wish we had looked in our attic when we bought, there are suitcases there with clothes and all kinds of other junk up there we recently discovered that need to go to the curb for cleanup day whenever that comes again.
Old Jan 20th 2020, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
If you buy the property just request the seller to remove the suitcases from the cellar. I wish we had looked in our attic when we bought, there are suitcases there with clothes and all kinds of other junk up there we recently discovered that need to go to the curb for cleanup day whenever that comes again.
Nearly all properties we have viewed had a lot of junk in the cellar or loft. Some had some fantastic fixed furniture, I.e. storage cabinets going the whole length or width of a room, I couldn't imagine them being removed by the time we moved in!
Old Jan 21st 2020, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

Nooooooooo, keep the suitcases and junk, you never know what you might find...

Lost Caravaggio painting found in attic could fetch $171 million at auction
Then again you could end up like us and have a garage full of crap. To be fair the previous owners did clear the house as we asked but as we didn't specifically ask for the garage to be cleared I'm sure it got dumped in there.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Benny Kovacs
Nooooooooo, keep the suitcases and junk, you never know what you might find...

Then again you could end up like us and have a garage full of crap. To be fair the previous owners did clear the house as we asked but as we didn't specifically ask for the garage to be cleared I'm sure it got dumped in there.
I keep double checking properties we have viewed on Ingatlan and looking at what's in the background of every room. In the 50+ Suitcases property in the double garage I spied quite a bit of junk to one side. Inside the house is immaculate ...... so this probably explains why the lady of the house made excuses her husband had the key!

I'm sure I have mentioned this somewhere here before. Anyway, my first property was a flat and it had a hot water tank in the airing cupboard. Above were wooden slats for storing stuff or drying clothes on. Noticing some of my smaller items had slipped through the slats I put my hand right round the hot water tank and pulled out these Bridget Jones style bloomers! There's more ..... putting stuff up in my new house loft I noticed a small black metal bin. I thought oh, that might come in handy ..... but wasn't sure what to think when I pulled out these Anne Summers style knickers and bras! What am I going to find when we move to Hungary? The mind boggles!

Last edited by FenTiger; Jan 21st 2020 at 3:40 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2020, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

We have had an offer on our UK property. It was uploaded to Rightmove late afternoon of Tuesday 11th February. Early morning the next day we received three viewing bookings for the following Saturday. On Monday 17th two of the viewers from Saturday came to do a second viewing. On the Wednesday received an offer from one of them. Too low so turned it down. Yesterday received an increased offer. Told them there would be four viewings today and we'd like to see how things pan out. All four viewings were positive. Funny enough nearly all of them lived or had lived pretty close to our house. There was a surprise ....the last viewer had previously worked in Budapest. To be honest if he hadn't been told my wife was Hungarian he would have easily guessed we had a connection with Hungary from the leather artwork in the hallway.
The viewers who put in the offer are in rented accomodation so things are appearing very positive for us. Hope they don't insist in moving in before the end of the winter tyre season because I don't want to have to buy any!
We're very excited. But I'm not going to count my chickens until the eggs have hatched.

Last edited by FenTiger; Feb 22nd 2020 at 4:17 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

We have had an offer on our UK property. It was uploaded to Rightmove late afternoon of Tuesday 11th February. Early morning the next day we received three viewing bookings for the following Saturday. On Monday 17th two of the viewers from Saturday came to do a second viewing. On the Wednesday received an offer from one of them. Too low so turned it down. Yesterday received an increased offer. Told them there would be four viewings today and we'd like to see how things pan out. All four viewings were positive. Funny enough nearly all of them lived or had lived pretty close to our house. There was a surprise ....the last viewer had previously worked in Budapest. To be honest if he hadn't been told my wife was Hungarian he would have easily guessed we had a connection with Hungary from the leather artwork in the hallway.
The viewers who put in the offer are in rented accomodation so things are appearing very positive for us. Hope they don't insist in moving in before the end of the winter tyre season because I don't want to have to buy any!
We're very excited. But I'm not going to count my chickens until the eggs have hatched.
We are at that horrible stage of the UK selling process whereby you have to disclose on the Property Information Form about any complaints from/to neighbours! Do I say nothing or declare we have had issues with neighbours on one side. It's not looking good for the sale of our house proceesing but I will be contacting my solicitor for advice. I have latey been wondering if the previous owner of my property failed to disclose whether there were any complaints to/from the same neighbours!
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the law says that you have to so it would probably be best to even if you down play it somewhat ! Some time ago there was a story in the media about new owners who took the seller to court for not disclosing that the neighbours were a nightmare and the seller had to pay out a substantial amount !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.