Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

UK vehicle registration in Hungary & tax calculator

UK vehicle registration in Hungary & tax calculator

Old Dec 30th 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK vehicle registration in Hungary & tax calculator

I pay mine quarterly, the last quarter was 7556 Ft. It is only the compulsory insurance but I'm thinking of upgrading this time, as I would not have chosen a basic cover like that in UK. Perhaps the bonus only applies if you have a Casco? I can't find any mention of it in my documentation but then again, I didn't have the vehicle for the whole of 2012 so perhaps I only start earning bonus for 2013?
Old Dec 30th 2013, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Perhaps the bonus only applies if you have a Casco?
On reflection I think you might be right in that the bonus only applies to Casco (comprehensive)
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vorsman
You can buy and sell rhd vehicles in Hungary no problem and there is a largish dealer in Szombathely who does only UK motors.
Hello,

Do you have details of the dealer in Szombathely?

Many thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

vorsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Hello,

Do you have details of the dealer in Szombathely?

Many thanks
I found it once by accident when on the hasznalauto website. Can only suggest you search through anything in that city and look on the used car sites. Sorry cant be more helpful.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

I found it once by accident when on the hasznalauto website. Can only suggest you search through anything in that city and look on the used car sites. Sorry cant be more helpful.
Thank you :-)
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

One thing is to go on the main sites and put in search for say Vauxhall which can bring up obviously RHD cars and see who is selling them. Could also put in Triumph, Austin etc.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

One thing is to go on the main sites and put in search for say Vauxhall which can bring up obviously RHD cars and see who is selling them. Could also put in Triumph, Austin etc.
Just found a 1965 Vauxhall Viva...put a grin on my face. Thanks for the advice!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

'Jobbkormányos' means RHD for anyone else searching. As opposed to 'jobboldala sérült' which means 'damage on the right side'
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is the link I have found to the dealer for RHD in Szombathely
http://www.pannonexport.hu/en/index_en.html
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

One thing just in case it helps. If you have a Land Rover Freelander there is a company in the UK who do a professional, insurance approved, LHD conversion for £695. You can find them on E Bay.

Most probably does not help but if any one ever comes across some one who is bringing one out it would more than pay to have it done before coming here. A RHD Freelander in the UK retails through a garage for a 2000/2001 diesel for 1200/1600. Over here the price with more miles (km) on is about €4000!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

And just another point...these guys salvage the cars...and so the price is quite low (but then I suppose it depends on what value the car is to you).
Old Apr 24th 2014, 10:28 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

And just another point...these guys salvage the cars...and so the price is quite low (but then I suppose it depends on what value the car is to you).
There is a place near us that does similar, dismantle and sell on what they can then scrap the rest - only worth doing if the vehicle is worth little.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

And don't forget that none of these vehicles will have Hungarian papers
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
And don't forget that none of these vehicles will have Hungarian papers
Yes. It is essential that whatever you sell or buy has papers otherwise forget it.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 12:06 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Pol is looking to buy from them Peter, I think she is looking to sell her RHD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.