Sold

Old Feb 6th 2021, 8:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sold

Last Tuesday, with not a little sadness, I sold my property in the beautiful and magical Watchpost national park. (I'm not going to attempt to write the name in Hungarian, BE garbles the Hungarian characters...)

Between us, Hobgoblins of BE, a neighbour and I salvaged as much of the house's contents we could.

There were several reasons for the sale, but the main reason was that Covid has devastated my business and I seriously need the capital.

Although I might have been able to conclude the sale remotely, I wanted to drive down and bid farewell to the friends we (my wife and I) have made over the years. The friends didn't see it that way - they made it clear that they wanted to see us again. It was nice that the sense of attachment to the place wasn't dependent upon owning some bricks and mortar there.

I will still be around on BE: I'm still a British (dual) national not resident in the UK, and I'm addicted to TIO.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 9:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sold

I am very sorry to hear this. I hope you can get back on your feet and come back and see us (Hungary) sometime. Chin up.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 12:18 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad to hear you had to make that choice. I am sure all over the globe people are having to make similar choices for this very reason. Sadly, this mess may not be over and its after effects for a few more years.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 12:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost

Last Tuesday, with not a little sadness, I sold my property in the beautiful and magical Watchpost national park. (I'm not going to attempt to write the name in Hungarian, BE garbles the Hungarian characters...)

Between us, Hobgoblins of BE, a neighbour and I salvaged as much of the house's contents we could.

There were several reasons for the sale, but the main reason was that Covid has devastated my business and I seriously need the capital.

Although I might have been able to conclude the sale remotely, I wanted to drive down and bid farewell to the friends we (my wife and I) have made over the years. The friends didn't see it that way - they made it clear that they wanted to see us again. It was nice that the sense of attachment to the place wasn't dependent upon owning some bricks and mortar there.

I will still be around on BE: I'm still a British (dual) national not resident in the UK, and I'm addicted to TIO.
Very sorry you have had to sell your home and move away from the community you loved and obviously they loved you too. Hopefully life will pick up in the not too distant future and you will get on your feet again. All the very best.

See you in TIO.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope I haven't given the wrong impression.

It was "only" a holiday home, in which we typically spent five weeks each year. We had had our plans to make it more, but for various reasons (personal, which I don't really want to go into here) they didn't come to fruition. Covid and its repercussions were in a sense the straw that broke the camel's back, but it would probably have happened anyway.

We're happy in our main home in Germany, and whilst circumstances aren't ideal right now (are they for anybody?), the revenues from the sale provide a little more financial security until, hopefully, the fallout from the pandemic eases up.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost
I hope I haven't given the wrong impression.

It was "only" a holiday home, in which we typically spent five weeks each year. We had had our plans to make it more, but for various reasons (personal, which I don't really want to go into here) they didn't come to fruition. Covid and its repercussions were in a sense the straw that broke the camel's back, but it would probably have happened anyway.

We're happy in our main home in Germany, and whilst circumstances aren't ideal right now (are they for anybody?), the revenues from the sale provide a little more financial security until, hopefully, the fallout from the pandemic eases up.

Thank you for clarifying.
Old Feb 8th 2021, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to learn you had to sell your paradise in Hungary. Hopefully, when things get better, you could return. You're only up the road in Germany!