Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Season Greetings

Season Greetings

Old Dec 29th 2011, 12:38 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Season Greetings

Somebody is in a grumpy mood today

I don't think I said don't talk about anything - just don't get into an with Klarika over whether you are friendly or not. What's the point?

Not sure who you mean by "old posters" many of the ones who posted when you were here are still kicking around - some post less now due to personal reasons or having settled and not spending much time on the internet but they are still about

Anyhow, hope all is well with you and that you have a great New Year :-)
Old Dec 29th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Happy New Year to all
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klarika
Hi, I agree it's a shame. I think people don't like commenting on here as they use to incase things get misinterpreted which it often does.
My position precisely, well summed up!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 9:34 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
My position precisely, well summed up!
The thread is seasons greetings, not about something you said nearly a year ago - which was not misunderstood by several posters. If you have come back to simply wind things up then please do not bother as the forum has had enough of that lately.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I was on safe enough ground just agreeing with a previous poster. I assume you also take exception to Klarikas comment?
The New Year is traditionally a time for people to think about self improvement. I therefore look at some of the comments on this thread as a sort of "pause for thought". I would like forum members to consider the idea of resolving to read posts with an open mind and not try to apply a negative spin. It is well known that human communication relies significantly on things like tone of voice, body language etc. When these are removed and only the text remains it is all too easy to apply various interpretations to what is written, many of them quite alien to the thinking of the original poster.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 11:48 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I thought I was on safe enough ground just agreeing with a previous poster. I assume you also take exception to Klarikas comment?
The New Year is traditionally a time for people to think about self improvement. I therefore look at some of the comments on this thread as a sort of "pause for thought". I would like forum members to consider the idea of resolving to read posts with an open mind and not try to apply a negative spin. It is well known that human communication relies significantly on things like tone of voice, body language etc. When these are removed and only the text remains it is all too easy to apply various interpretations to what is written, many of them quite alien to the thinking of the original poster.
Seriously, it's New Years eve and you know what you were doing - the message you sent a few weeks ago made it perfectly clear, in no uncertain terms, that you still bear a grudge and I do not believe Klarikas comment was in relation to the type of comment you made - which was a sweeping statement regarding Muslim countries. Were it a misunderstanding or misinterpreted, you could have pointed that out but instead you defended your comment, which is your prerogative but it is also the prerogative of other users to express their disdain at the comment especially when it was completely unrelated to Eve's post. You were simply asked to be careful about what you post and to remember that the forum has Muslim users who might be offended, your response was to throw your dummy out the pram and 8 months later, you are still dwelling on it
Time I think to get over it, I got over the untruthful accusations you made about me and indeed offered, yet again, to help you. Had you seriously considered re joining the forum to be part of a community, you would have posted a Seasons greeting instead of looking for a comment on which to reinforce you belief that you were misunderstood 8 months ago.

As I have said before, hopefully the New Year will see threads such as this dropping to the bottom of the forum and it can get back to what it used to be. It doesn't take much to keep it a happy place - just think before you post.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Evie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really niceEvie2 is just really nice

The Old Year....

The clock strikes twelve, we say farewell...
Hold memories, emotions tight.
When past and future almost touch,
On this, `The Old Year`s Night`

And then, it`s gone...we start anew,
Empty pages lay in wait,
For hopes, dreams and promises,
But who will know our fate ?

Evie2

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!
Old Dec 31st 2011, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Boldog uj évet mindenkinek!

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Seriously, it's New Years eve and you know what you were doing - the message you sent a few weeks ago made it perfectly clear, in no uncertain terms, that you still bear a grudge and I do not believe Klarikas comment was in relation to the type of comment you made - which was a sweeping statement regarding Muslim countries. Were it a misunderstanding or misinterpreted, you could have pointed that out but instead you defended your comment, which is your prerogative but it is also the prerogative of other users to express their disdain at the comment especially when it was completely unrelated to Eve's post. You were simply asked to be careful about what you post and to remember that the forum has Muslim users who might be offended, your response was to throw your dummy out the pram and 8 months later, you are still dwelling on it
Time I think to get over it, I got over the untruthful accusations you made about me and indeed offered, yet again, to help you. Had you seriously considered re joining the forum to be part of a community, you would have posted a Seasons greeting instead of looking for a comment on which to reinforce you belief that you were misunderstood 8 months ago.

As I have said before, hopefully the New Year will see threads such as this dropping to the bottom of the forum and it can get back to what it used to be. It doesn't take much to keep it a happy place - just think before you post.