Rent

Old Aug 21st 2019, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

WBCA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rent

What would be a good area to rent in Budapest? is there a ex pat community in the area? Thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 8:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent

You need to be a bit more specific about your requirements.

​​​​​​
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi ExPatrick,

I'm planning to come over from November for 6 months to have a good look at the country. I want to enjoy my time there and not be stuck in a flat in the middle of nowhere basically. I don't want to spend more than £550 per month of rent including biills etc.. A one bedroom flat or decent studio would be fine in a good location. I hope this helps. Thanks for replying.
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WBCA
Hi ExPatrick,

I'm planning to come over from November for 6 months to have a good look at the country. I want to enjoy my time there and not be stuck in a flat in the middle of nowhere basically. I don't want to spend more than £550 per month of rent including biills etc.. A one bedroom flat or decent studio would be fine in a good location. I hope this helps. Thanks for replying.
First of all 6 month tenancies here are very rare, usual minimum is 12 months.
Of course you can take a 12 month lease & then move out - but then you will lose your deposit (1 month's rent). Your all up figure (190 K Ft) probably means you need to look in Districts 8 or 9 in Pest, though you may be lucky in Districts 7 or 13. All these districts are fairly central & well served by the transport system.

There are many expats (UK & otherwise) here - but I don't know any of them!
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

Admin notes -

Current (pre brexit) process requires that you register with the immigration authorities within 90 days of landing, with:-

Proof of housing contract (tenancy agreement)
Proof of income / means
Proof of health cover (EHIC should do)
You may be asked to write a statement on the lines of "why Budapest?"

You should then be issued with a registration card & (2 weeks later) with an address card.

You will need to arrange your internet / TV contract. Check with your landlord what infrastructure exists at the apartment house. Probably cost you about 8K Ft / month.

Your bills will include a monthly "common cost", covers building taxes, building insurance & building maintenance. Cost, for you, probably circa 10K Ft / month - but check!

Hope this helps, good luck!
​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Aug 24th 2019, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you.