Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Price of Fireworks

Price of Fireworks

Old Dec 31st 2011, 11:55 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Price of Fireworks

Has anybody else noticed that the price of fireworks has increased this year? I am sure the multishot ones we purchased last year for 3,500ft are now just under 5,000ft! Quite a hike.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Price of Fireworks

I Can't remember last New Years Eve as it was our first here. Are there many firework displays? In Spain it was a big thing.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 2:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be one in Nagykanizsa and Zalakaros though last year the Nagykanizsa one was I think cancelled - lack of funds? I think the one in Zalakaros is hosted by one of the hotels. Usually we are snowed in this time of year or the roads are really icy so we buy a few of the multishot fireworks for the kids
Old Dec 31st 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info hope you and the kids enjoy
and play safe see you in the new year.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 3:16 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by klarika
Thanks for the info hope you and the kids enjoy
and play safe see you in the new year.
Thanks, I think I enjoy it more than them ;-) Mulled wine, shortbread and fruit cake plus fireworks in the field - usually the neighbours come out for the free display, which is nice I love Hogmanay and if we had room to put people up we would invite everybody up for a party

Will be in touch Monday or Tuesday, have a nice time whatever you do.