Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Off Topic Covid Posts Moved from Frozen In Time Thread

Off Topic Covid Posts Moved from Frozen In Time Thread

Old Aug 26th 2021, 1:20 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off Topic Covid Posts Moved from Frozen In Time Thread

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
I am hearing rumours that the government is planning a lock down at the end of September. Contacts in the council cultural departments are being advised not to plan public events for after the end of September in anticipation of a 4th wave. So perhaps put off attacking the tool shed etc. until October. If the Lock down fails to happen then you have a good excuse to do nothing !!

So, I guess the governments of the planet want to further hurt small businesses and the global economy? I don't see this insanity ever ending even if they got 100% vaccination because the vaccinated are still catching it. Just like the seasonal flu it is mutating and no vaccine will ever be completely effective.

I had the virus a little over a year ago, I had all the classic symptoms, loss of taste, smell, a fever and nausea etc etc. I never got tested, I stayed home away from people for 2 weeks in a self impossed quarantine. Unless a person has other serious health conditions its no worse than the flu for most otherwise healthy people. I think it is being over played and is part of a deliberate attempt to hurt the global economy. Every year some people die of the seasonal flu in numbers similar to what is claimed are dying from the Covid 19, yet the governments do not lock down the planet Just my own opinion but that is how I feel. I know most will not agree with me and that is your right.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
So, I guess the governments of the planet want to further hurt small businesses and the global economy? I don't see this insanity ever ending even if they got 100% vaccination because the vaccinated are still catching it. Just like the seasonal flu it is mutating and no vaccine will ever be completely effective.

I had the virus a little over a year ago, I had all the classic symptoms, loss of taste, smell, a fever and nausea etc etc. I never got tested, I stayed home away from people for 2 weeks in a self impossed quarantine. Unless a person has other serious health conditions its no worse than the flu for most otherwise healthy people. I think it is being over played and is part of a deliberate attempt to hurt the global economy. Every year some people die of the seasonal flu in numbers similar to what is claimed are dying from the Covid 19, yet the governments do not lock down the planet Just my own opinion but that is how I feel. I know most will not agree with me and that is your right.
OK I'll pick this up.
Typical annual deaths from flu in the US is 40k / year. Covid deaths in the US listed as 650k.
Death rate from flu is listed at about 0.1% whilst Covid is listed as 2.17%
Long covid is beginning to show problems with 5% of covid sufferers getting long covid. Long flu AFAIK doesn't happen.
Covid is more transmissible than flu.
So I think that covid is worse than flu by quite a margin but is it worth the lock-downs??
A couple of questions for you - At what percentage of deaths would you start the precautions and measures that have been put in place by most of the governments around the world?
If it is being over played and is part of a deliberate attempt to hurt the global economy and the measures of lock-down etc. are put in place by governments who by doing so damage their own economy - who is trying to hurt the global economy and to what advantage ?
Old Aug 26th 2021, 8:39 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
OK I'll pick this up.
Typical annual deaths from flu in the US is 40k / year. Covid deaths in the US listed as 650k.
Death rate from flu is listed at about 0.1% whilst Covid is listed as 2.17%
Long covid is beginning to show problems with 5% of covid sufferers getting long covid. Long flu AFAIK doesn't happen.
Covid is more transmissible than flu.
So I think that covid is worse than flu by quite a margin but is it worth the lock-downs??
A couple of questions for you - At what percentage of deaths would you start the precautions and measures that have been put in place by most of the governments around the world?
If it is being over played and is part of a deliberate attempt to hurt the global economy and the measures of lock-down etc. are put in place by governments who by doing so damage their own economy - who is trying to hurt the global economy and to what advantage ?

I would like to state for the record I do not for one moment believe the numbers being posted by governments around the world as being accurate. In the US for example in Florida a hospital recorded a death as being covid 19 when in fact the true cause of death was from a motorcycle accident caused by a drunk driver. There are numerous reports from MD's at US hospitals claiming that they were being pressured to list cause of deaths as Covid even when the decedent died from other causes such as accidents and gun violence because the hospitals are being paid $34,000 USD by the US Government for each reported Covid fatality. I personally know of a 94 year old man who recently died from slipping and falling in his bath tub and breaking his hip. His widow stated the medical examiner listed cause of death as Covid 19 on the Death Certificate. His widow is adamant her husband was not at all ill. They were married 68 years I think she would know.

Does anyone not think it odd that global flu deaths have dropped to almost zero during this pandemic? Hypothetically, If 300,00 died from the seasonal flu the year before the pandemic and then dropped to almost zero each flu season during this pandemic that seems very suspicious to me. I think a great number of the covid 19 deaths are misreported seasonal flu deaths.

Respectfully, If someone believes they should roll up their sleeve for a vaccine, by all means don't let me talk you out of it. Your choice, your life. I choose not to be a lab rat for a medical experiment of an unproven vaccine. My choice, my life. If your vaccine protects you why should you worry about the unvaccinated? Your protected from the unvaccinated by your vaccine ,...Right? If I am willing to take a chance and remain unvaccinated that is the risk I accept. There are numerous reports of deaths and adverse reactions to these jabs, does that not bother any of you at all? I hope I am wrong but I think the cancer deaths and deaths from cardiac issues are going to dramatically increase in the next 2-3 years, in fact I am already noticing a increase in deaths in younger aged people the last 6-8 months.

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Aug 26th 2021 at 9:00 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 11:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic Covid Posts Moved from Frozen In Time Thread

Some deaths may have been erroneously attributed to covid, however there is overwhelming evidence from the studies into excess deaths that some Governments have been under reporting, in some cases by considerable margins.
​​​​​
Flu cases have dropped due to mask wearing / hygeine measures, as well as other social restrictions.

"Numerous" reports of adverse reactions to vaccines are matched, and exceeded by, reports of regrets of patients / relatives wishing that that they had received the vaccine before it was too late. Incidentally over 5 billion vaccinations have been administered worldwide.

Death rates in countries with high vaccination rates have dropped very significantly over the last ninth months. Medical procedures are often experimental in their early days, nevertheless incredibly successful breakthroughs have been made in all areas of medicine including vaccines, think of smallpox, polio, TB, etc.
​​​​​​
Going back to the point about lockdowns, clearly governments have to strike a balance, some have been quite successful in that respect, others have not.

For example my sister lives in Melbourne and is currently "enjoying" the sixth (or is it the seventh?) lockdown, it is becoming increasingly self evident that Australian measures have become disproportionate & counter productive.

Conversely, in Hungary we have enjoyed relatively light restrictions, and these coupled with the high vaccination rates have left us in a better position than some countries.
​​​​​
Deaths from cancer, etc are rising, there is evidence that this is due to the strain placed on medical services caused by covid.

Now we wait to see what the fourth wave might bring.

Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

From the Guardian

Eurotunnel is warning British citizens who live in the EU that they cannot travel through France by car from the UK due to new coronavirus restrictions imposed by the French government.

Getlink, the operator of the Channel rail link, issued an urgent warning on its website and Twitter page on Wednesday evening that appeared to confirm that the French government had changed its travel rules.

The statement read: “Following a French Government decision, on 28/12/2021, unless they hold French residency, British citizens are now considered 3rd country citizens and can no longer transit France by road to reach their country of residence in the EU.”
Old Dec 30th 2021, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
From the Guardian
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...Cg3fJJxXdsSnZU

TIGHTENING OF HEALTH CONTROL MEASURES AT BORDERS WITH THE UNITED KINGDOM