Natura 2000

Old Jan 25th 2012, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future
Default Natura 2000

Hi, Are there any reasons preventing an EU citizen buying a property in the Natura 2000 area ? Best Wishes,Mike.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 4:44 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Natura 2000

Hi, as far as I am aware, there are no restrictions on buying property in Natura 2000 sites though in most cases, there will obviously be numerous restrictions on building and land usage. For example, if classified under habitat, it may not be possible to farm the land then there are other restrictions such as the instillation of wind turbines etc.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

Hi Rural, its odd,the agent says that this property can only be sold to a Hungarian,the land area is only just over 1,200m2 so i am at a loss to know why,but as i only really know how things work here in Slo i was hoping that someone on your side could shed some light on it,i will contact the agent again and see if we can get to the bottom of it!Many Thanks,M&J.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

These pages suggest that the whole of the Őrség is a Natura 2000 area:

onp.nemzetipark.gov.hu/index.php?lang=en
http://www.eea.europa.eu/soer/countr...c=biodiversity
http://www.mol.hu/en/about_mol/sd/ca.../biodiversity/

But it isn't the case that foreigners can't buy property in the Őrség.

There are, or at least were 10 years ago, other constraints on purchases by foreigners though, for example limits to the plot size, no agricultural land, no properties outside residential areas (i.e. no isolated properties).
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:24 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Hi Rural, its odd,the agent says that this property can only be sold to a Hungarian,the land area is only just over 1,200m2 so i am at a loss to know why,but as i only really know how things work here in Slo i was hoping that someone on your side could shed some light on it,i will contact the agent again and see if we can get to the bottom of it!Many Thanks,M&J.
Hi M&J, is it perhaps outwith the "urban area" that is, outside the village or town plan? There are restrictions on buying in these areas and as such they tend to be less expensive. Many weekend houses and vineyard houses lie in these areas and can only be purchased by a Hungarian.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jan 26th 2012 at 9:36 am.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Thank you ,Watch Post and Rural,that explains it,the property in question is what we would call a week end here in Slo and is pretty much on its own! It would have been perfect in many ways,oh well lots more to look at!Best wishes,M&J.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

When we bought our first house in the hills above Eger it had a "crown (korona)" on it, meaning that the land (garden) is for fruit/vegetable growing and thus could only be sold to someone with a Hungarian id card. There are different grades apparently. Ours had only a quarter of a crown, maybe due to its size of about 650sqm.
There has been talk for a long time of this restriction being lifted but they seem to keep pushing it further back.
As you say, there's plenty more properties on the market right now.