Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Moving to Balaton

Moving to Balaton

Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:28 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Balaton

Originally Posted by fidobsa
The terms and conditions are a 30 page document, I wonder how many people read through that lot! Also, I simply do not believe that most people want European breakdown cover every year. They might want UK cover every year and the option to upgrade to Europe cover when they happen to take their vehicle abroad.
I once remember what was, I think, an April fools day trick. Gamestation (I think it was them) altered their terms and conditions for online purchases to include something along the lines of "by agreeing to these terms and conditions, we legally own your soul". I believe something like 90% of people agreed to the condition, implying that 90% of customers didn't bother to read them (though this is arguable as a percentage might have realised it was a joke and continued their purchase anyway). Point being, the majority of people do not read the T&C's and at times suffer the consequences

Whether many people would want to renew the European cover is irrelevant in today's marketing world. So many companies now have you sign up with automatic renewal clauses - free trials are a great example, the company is banking on the fact that a large number of us will forget about the trial end date or are too busy to cancel (in fact some companies make it frustratingly more difficult to cancel than it was to sign up) - the insurance companies, breakdown recovery companies and the like are now cashing in on this.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Just a quicky, we arrived @ Balaton 2 weeks ago, unpacked most stuff and on tinternet, very hot but not complaining.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 1:10 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richardmc
Just a quicky, we arrived @ Balaton 2 weeks ago, unpacked most stuff and on tinternet, very hot but not complaining.
Very jealous - our time to move has not come yet - can't wait. The internet was up & running quickly. Will be keen to hear how things go & the pitfalls to watch out for. All the best.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
Very jealous - our time to move has not come yet - can't wait. The internet was up & running quickly. Will be keen to hear how things go & the pitfalls to watch out for. All the best.
Yes John, ordered internet t.home shop Kesthely and was installed within 1 week after checking the speeds etc in our village I get 4 MB but next door neighbours have 8!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

A passing thought after much pottering about today 7 hours to be exact- I did mention that before travelling to Balaton I purchased the vignettes etc but if you come off the Dover to Calais ferry you will not need the "Liberte device" that I bought as you are in Belgium in a blink.