Merry Christmas

Old Dec 25th 2018, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone. Not going to be long before I'm in Hungary.
Old Dec 25th 2018, 7:55 am
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Merry Christmas

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Merry Christmas to everyone. Not going to be long before I'm in Hungary.
And Happy Xmas to you as well! I shall gloss over the fact that you're a day late, Xmas was yesterday!
Old Dec 25th 2018, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, ah, we did open one present yesterday ...today we're opening one present each hour.
Old Dec 25th 2018, 9:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella
And Happy Xmas to you as well! I shall gloss over the fact that you're a day late, Xmas was yesterday!

Boldog karácsonyt!

Old Dec 25th 2018, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick

Boldog karácsonyt!

Bless you! (The above was a sneeze I presume).....
Old Dec 26th 2018, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

Try having Christmas with a 6 year old Hungarian!
It all kicks off remarkable early (amazing in itself for a national who are incredible tardy in almost all other thing) with Santa Claus or Mikulas if you wish, arriving on the 6th of December loaded down with the usual presents. I did try telling said 6 year old that the snow guards the roofer fitted a few months ago were to stop the reindeer landing and damaging my new roof, she said there was plenty of room between them! and I have 5 chimneys so no get out there.
Now for you lucky souls still in the UK who can do last minute panic shopping Xmas eve. You can forget that idea here, Christmas Day starts on the 24th.
I told the child that Santa has already been with her presents so now it was just food and drink, Not so at all! I was informed that the baby Jesus was bringing more gifts. I countered with Hungary now being in the EU they had to comply with Directive 94/33/EU prohibiting the use of child labour, But that apparently was not a problem since he doesn't actually have to carry the presents himself he has an angel to do all the work for him, and she can open all your doors even if they are locked, of course I tried the whole 'breaking and entering' thing, it was rejected on the grounds they were leaving things not taking them!
The evening meal on the 24th, forgive me not now knowing if this should be called Christmas eve or Christmas day eve, was a traditional serving of tripe, well that is one tradition that will not be repeated in my house in future years.
Final made it to the 25th Christmas Day! or Christmas Day take two here.
The intensely dynamic angel had her work cut out for her last night because a certain 6 year old is starting to question the validity of her previously unshakeable faith in Santa and the Angel, which has been answer by the only obvious answer. There is more than one! I have one, there is one who goes to Anya's house, and yet another who goes to Grannies flat, although this year Grannies Angel couldn't manage to break in whilst lugging a bicycle with her so she dumped it in my garage.
But it was a Happy day and revenge was had by watching all the Hungarians around the table face a full English Christmas dinner , there are no words to describe the joy to be had from watching them deal with Gravy!

Whether it is Boxing Day or Christmas Day take 3. I wish you all Good health and Happiness, and as the great Dave Allen would say 'May your God go with you'
Old Dec 27th 2018, 3:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Happy happy Xmas and NY to all of you.
Old Dec 27th 2018, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you've all had a good Christmas, whether that be traditional British or you have embraced the Hungarian festivities.
Here's to a happy, healthy and secure 2019
Old Dec 27th 2018, 3:48 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

I must say I was glad to get 'rellies day' out of the way yesterday. We had a VERY clear understanding this year for guests to arrive by 12 noon for an early lunch cooked by yours truly. Freeing us up to go for walks afterwards. I know the understanding was CLEAR AS DAY because I discussed it personally with my bro in law & he promised faithfully to relay the instructions to my nephew, ie 5 guests total.

It was turkey and all the trimmings, soup to start etc etc.

So my bro in law +1 actually arrived a bit early and my wife sent them out to go walking with her blessing. She didn't consult me. My nephew +2 also didn't bother arriving until 13.15, I guess they didn't get the food @ 12 noon message.

So as you can work out, the food was over-cooked, turkey dry, veggies soft & horrible - as the cook you hate that because it was avoidable. And you like serving up tasty food.

I just had to grit teeth and say to myself 'you should have seen that coming, given the last 20 years, will you never learn?'

At least we kept the perfectly cooked beef for ourselves on 25th & have 2 legs of lamb in the freezer for NY day & a birthday.