Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

medication for underactive thyriod

medication for underactive thyriod

Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:02 am
Account Closed

BRUMYAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medication for underactive thyriod

hi can anyone tell me if you have to pay for medication for under active thyroid as, here in the uk i have a medical exemption certificate which allows me to get free prescriptions, can you buy thyroxine over counter? need to find out as moving out to hungary in august, if you do have to pay has anyone got any idea how much it will cost, or the cheapest way to cover many thanks.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 1:25 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medication for underactive thyriod

To qualify for reduced prescriptions, you will have to be resident here and paying into the Hungarian system.

Depending on which office you visit - unless you are a pensioner - you might or might not be given residency if your savings are deemed enough. If not, you will have to provide proof of income to support yourself whilst living here.

You can no longer buy medications over the counter, you must have a prescription from a doctor. You can attend doctors and receive prescriptions without residency.

If paying into the state system, medications are at a reduced rate (not sure what percentage) otherwise, they are slightly less expensive than the drug cost price in the UK - Ventolin £3.25 in the UK, £2.30 in Hungary.

Be sure to confirm that your medication is available in Hungary. Some drugs are not available here and others have alternatives which have been banned or discontinued from use in the UK.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

BRUMYAM is an unknown quantity at this point

how much do you need in the back to become a resident ?? is there a limit ??
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:06 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

This thread should help, basically, unless you can show a regular income, it can be difficult to obtain residency.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=residency