Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

OTP Internet Banking

OTP Internet Banking

Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default OTP Internet Banking

Ah the joys! I had a sum of money converted to Forints by a currency conversion firm and put into an account I opened with the above bank. When I signed the papers for my house purchase I was required to make a payment sufficient to pay off the previous owners mortgage. This was paid direct to their bank. The bank would then issue a statement to the effect that they no longer have an interest on the property and then I would be required to make the final payment which would go direct to the owner. I was told today that this notification has been received so I duly went into the OTP website to try my hand at internet banking, Hungarian style!
The problem with internet banking in general is that you are under pressure to do things quickly as you get kicked out "session expired" if you take too long. I should have made sure I knew exactly what I had to do before I started but I had forgotten that the initial document I received containing the recipient account number had a mistake on it. There was an o which I seemed to remember should have been a 0. I looked through my other paperwork to find the corrected version but could not see it so I entered it as a 0. As soon as I had pressed "Start" I had regrets about this and I soon discovered that I had got it wrong! The corrected document was the only one printed on both sides so I had failed to look at the reverse side on my quick flick through. I tried the help facility on the website but there was nothing about cancelling a transfer.
I think I have now managed to cancel the one to the wrong account and set up a transfer to the correct account but it's all scary stuff. The one part of the process I expected to cause problems worked perfectly. The bank sends me a text message when I'm logging in and I have to type in the number they send. I therefore had to put my Hungarian T Mobile sim card back in my phone. This text service worked, even in my house which is usually hopeless for mobile phone signals.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

tomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: OTP Internet Banking

I doubt that there would be any problems anyhow as it would not have been correct account number. If you are worried, use the help line, they have always english speaking operators there.

One very useful additional thing is to add your mobile number to your account so you always get sms if any transactions are done, it is very useful especially for bank cards as you can see immediatlely if someone would be using it.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

I have an internet account with K&H. I went into it the other day, it all looked too scarey, so I logged out again. Will worry about it when I have some money in it
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

I have an account with OTB and am able to access statemants account history and have paid a bill via the internet. It is a bit scary but I would visit the bank and ask for advice if in doubt. my trouble is that the Halifax do not now do international money transfers to Hungary it is not on their list and wonder who is best to use if you want to trajnsfer smaller amounts, say £300.00 ?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked again and the transaction appears to have happened correctly and now shows as "executed".