Magyarkeszi

Old Dec 31st 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Magyarkeszi

Hi all, hope everyone has had a peaceful Christmas and enjoys a Happy New Year. Let's hope for a peaceful and not too depressing 2012.

Does anyone know anything about the village of MAGYARKESZI?

We are buying a house with some land on the outskirts of the village, but within the village boundary of course, and are looking forward to our new life.

We are hoping we haven't made a bad decision but until you live somewhere it's not easy to see what lies beneath is it?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Judy
Old Dec 31st 2011, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Magyarkeszi

I don't know your village but welcome to the forum and good luck in your new place. There are other Brits in Siofok and Balatonfoldvar so you will hopefully get to meet them at some point.
Old Jan 1st 2012, 9:37 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by judybaby
Hi all, hope everyone has had a peaceful Christmas and enjoys a Happy New Year. Let's hope for a peaceful and not too depressing 2012.

We are buying a house with some land on the outskirts of the village, but within the village boundary of course, and are looking forward to our new life.

We are hoping we haven't made a bad decision but until you live somewhere it's not easy to see what lies beneath is it?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Judy
Hi, thanks for starting a separate post and your email. Will reply to your email in detail tomorrow as just spent the day eating and drinking with friends so not sure that it would make sense at the moment LOL Sure you will be fine but best be aware... Will explain in email..... Happy New Year
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:00 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

PM sent
Old Jan 10th 2012, 6:45 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Any info would be great

Thanks

Judy
Hope you received the email
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

judybaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hope you received the email
Hi Rural Hungary

Yes, I did get the email, sorry for not replying sooner, where we live in Devon we have no internet signal and as we do not have a landline I can only access email at work (2 days a week) or when we're out and about near a big town.

Must say the info sounds a bit alarming, but we did have a look around the village on our own when we were there and nothing stood out to us as being a mess. Having said that, we nearly bought in Bulgaria in 2010 and so we are used to seeing much more delapitated villages than those in Hungary.

We'll just have to see when we get over. As we will be there full time I'm not so worried about security, we just want to fit in as best we can.
Judy
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:27 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Rural Hungary

Yes, I did get the email, sorry for not replying sooner, where we live in Devon we have no internet signal and as we do not have a landline I can only access email at work (2 days a week) or when we're out and about near a big town.

Must say the info sounds a bit alarming, but we did have a look around the village on our own when we were there and nothing stood out to us as being a mess. Having said that, we nearly bought in Bulgaria in 2010 and so we are used to seeing much more delapitated villages than those in Hungary.

We'll just have to see when we get over. As we will be there full time I'm not so worried about security, we just want to fit in as best we can.
Judy
Sorry Didn't mean to alarm you and on paper, it certainly is not the worst village, not by a long way. Personally though, I have an alarm fitted and secure locks on outbuildings if you intend storing garden tools in them. If you have good and vigilant neighbours, you probably won't need an alarm.

We were the same, having spent months in Bulgaria, everything in Hungary seemed far more developed and less dilapidated.
I'm sure you'll have no problem fitting, I don't know anybody who has came with the attitude that they "take people as they find them" who has not fitted in