Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Looking for a small house - advice please

Looking for a small house - advice please

Old Oct 29th 2015, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Spineytoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a small house - advice please

Looking to find a small house or winemakers cottage with about 4000m2 of ground in Zala County. Hoping to find something in a nice village or near to one. I am looking forward to finding something rural and mixing in the local communities. Rural because our family has always been semi self sufficient, handy with tools and happy to raise livestock. Currently in the Shetland Islands, so know all about living in remote areas, inhospitable climates, happy to barter etc

All help appreciated.
Old Oct 30th 2015, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a small house - advice please

Originally Posted by Spineytoad
Looking to find a small house or winemakers cottage with about 4000m2 of ground in Zala County. Hoping to find something in a nice village or near to one. I am looking forward to finding something rural and mixing in the local communities. Rural because our family has always been semi self sufficient, handy with tools and happy to raise livestock. Currently in the Shetland Islands, so know all about living in remote areas, inhospitable climates, happy to barter etc

All help appreciated.
It's a pity that you wish to be in this County First I am not anway a Agent on commission selling Property Just hear to offering Help I am close to Székesfehérvár where there is such property for sale But these are Zarkert Closed Garden Plots change in Land Laws means Foreigner can purchase this Land but it's a slow process and can take upwards of twelve weeks I now I gone through this process. Ok there are 3 of witch meat's yor search one is around 5mill forent is fully renovated and land just under 2,000m2 set on hill side the next not knowing price but I can make inquiries 1 producing around 700 letters of Red Wine it as a full Press House and a Pincea accommodation is as weekend house I have not been inside but it looks in good order and moor than likely no full bathroom 🚽 is old outside one it has mains electricity and water two plots of Grape Vines in total abought 4,000m2 close to Village and access road is good price I can give next to this is a further Plot same size but will be a lot less Price same size same facilities ect.but requires working on both of these are my Next to my self and I no of them. To concluded I am here to help Others so send PM for further information If interested digger47
Old Oct 30th 2015, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

almafak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a small house - advice please

There are several zártkert plots for sale in the hills above the village I live in.

I had no problem buying my vineyard as it is (just) under 1 hectare and I am an EC citizen. My lawyer contacted the main földhivatal (land registry office) for Zala county in Zalaegerszeg and they cleared the transfer by return of post. I know that some other counties drag their heels in this matter. Of course having a residence permit, address card and tax card makes the paperwork easier!

My neighbours are sympathetic and helpful, offering advice and assistance; one even gave me a jug full of freshly pressed wine juice and explained how to make pálenka from the leftover grape pulp.