Migration

Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:59 am
Banned

Crashcage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration

Hi All,
Have just returned home and while watching the migration debacle unfold from the UK wondered Why?
What made them suddenly all start coming?
Answer.

Since i have returned my neighbours also told that the hungarian authorities had arrested 8-9 Isis fanatics at the border,but no mention of this in the european/British news.Also Why not?
I understand that the liberal do gooders probably have the governments over a barrel and they are to scared to say anything because of the PC axe that hangs above all our heads.
I find it totally crazy that this massive exodus has been allowed and that fanatics have been allowed to enter so easily.Of which some have already been caught in Germany.
I can only say thati for one am glad with Hungarys actions and wish that the rest of europe had taken a similair stance.

CC
Old Oct 11th 2015, 10:29 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration

Originally Posted by Crashcage
I can only say that i for one am glad with Hungarys actions and wish that the rest of europe had taken a similair stance.

CC

I agree!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have just returned home and while watching the migration debacle unfold from the UK wondered Why?

Answer.

In the first sentence: because Merkel said that there should be no limits to immigration to Germany from the Middle East.

Which is quite simply complete and utter nonsense.

The right of asylum is enshrined in the German constitution, and there is no "cap" on the number of people who can apply for asylum. But it's a complete fabrication to say that Merkel has said that there should be no limits to immigration to Germany from the Middle East, as is claimed in this clip.

The reason refugees began arriving in such numbers is that we have a humanitarian crisis unfolding in Syria, with half the country's population already displaced and living a very precarious existence.

The rest of the clip is in a similar vein. The only reason this individual can get away with these outlandish claims is that most of his audience doesn't understand German. So he can say "did you hear that? Merkel just said..." when she said nothing of the sort.

Since i have returned my neighbours also told that the hungarian authorities had arrested 8-9 Isis fanatics at the border,but no mention of this in the european/British news. Also Why not?

Do you have a link to a Hungarian press report? This being the Hungarian forum, and Hungary not being notorious for its "PC" attitude to the refugee crisis and corresponding pressure on the press?

I find it totally crazy that this massive exodus has been allowed

It's called "asylum". I find it totally crazy that Britain idolizes Nicholas Winton for saving 669 Jewish refugees from the nazis, but can't grasp what Germany is doing. I posted as much here a couple of weeks ago, but my post was deleted. PC, anyone?

and that fanatics have been allowed to enter so easily. Of which some have already been caught in Germany.

Anyone who thinks that a terrorist, with the technical and logistic capability of carrying out an act of terrorism, is going to be stopped by a fence, is living in cloud-cuckoo land.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 4:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost
It's called "asylum". I find it totally crazy that Britain idolizes Nicholas Winton for saving 669 Jewish refugees from the nazis, but can't grasp what Germany is doing. I posted as much here a couple of weeks ago, but my post was deleted. PC, anyone?
Your post was deleted because it was out of place in the thread in which you had posted.
Admin did suggest that you could start your own thread if you wished to continue to debate the subject
Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:35 pm
Banned

Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Watchpost

Answer.

In the first sentence: because Merkel said that there should be no limits to immigration to Germany from the Middle East.

Which is quite simply complete and utter nonsense.

The right of asylum is enshrined in the German constitution, and there is no "cap" on the number of people who can apply for asylum. But it's a complete fabrication to say that Merkel has said that there should be no limits to immigration to Germany from the Middle East, as is claimed in this clip.

The reason refugees began arriving in such numbers is that we have a humanitarian crisis unfolding in Syria, with half the country's population already displaced and living a very precarious existence.

The rest of the clip is in a similar vein. The only reason this individual can get away with these outlandish claims is that most of his audience doesn't understand German. So he can say "did you hear that? Merkel just said..." when she said nothing of the sort.

Since i have returned my neighbours also told that the hungarian authorities had arrested 8-9 Isis fanatics at the border,but no mention of this in the european/British news. Also Why not?

Do you have a link to a Hungarian press report? This being the Hungarian forum, and Hungary not being notorious for its "PC" attitude to the refugee crisis and corresponding pressure on the press?

I find it totally crazy that this massive exodus has been allowed

and that fanatics have been allowed to enter so easily. Of which some have already been caught in Germany.

Anyone who thinks that a terrorist, with the technical and logistic capability of carrying out an act of terrorism, is going to be stopped by a fence, is living in cloud-cuckoo land.
All i can say is you are deluded my friend!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:47 pm
Banned

But she said it!

She told them Germany needed/wanted 800,000 more trades men /workers

As i mentioned You are really deluded dude!!!

But i love open debate! carry on and show how you will sell fellow christians up the river for their loving attitude to help their fellow human being regardless of race colour or creed.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I also enjoy open a good debate but not when it is reduced to personal insults and snarky jibes. There is no need for that so cut it out.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 8:56 pm
Banned

Oops!sorry :-)
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:05 pm
Banned

Sorry did you mean wheni said Deluded?
I also enjoy open a good debate but not when it is reduced to personal insults and snarky jibes. There is no need for that so cut it out.

I think it is relevant and under aticle 19 of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights
It is my right to discuss it in public!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:15 pm
`

Crikey! Heavy stuff !

My own heavy stuff

1. Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is “in it together”, please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully … without insult or personal attack.
If you wish to discuss and debate carry on .
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:43 pm
Banned

My heavy stuff again, ;-)
under aticle 19 of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights
Old Oct 11th 2015, 9:48 pm
`

On the issue of Migration....

# post 11

Originally Posted by BEVS
If you wish to discuss and debate carry on .
Old Oct 11th 2015, 10:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crashcage
My heavy stuff again, ;-)
under aticle 19 of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights
That may be so...but this is a private company. When you joined BE you agreed to abide by the Site Rules.

Site Rules | British Expatriate Community
Old Oct 12th 2015, 9:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Angela Merkel has never, ever, said, in this clip or elsewhere, that there should be unlimited immigration to Germany from the Middle East.

I challenge you to find a reputable source that says otherwise. Note that "asylum" and "immigration" are two different things.

Germany's shortage of skilled workers is a particular issue that is not mentioned at any point in this clip by Angela Merkel. She did not make reference to it in this clip – the presenter did. If you disagree, state the timestamp, and let's have a discussion based on facts.

And that's the pattern for the whole clip. The presenter repeatedly puts words into Angela Merkel's mouth that she never said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.