Korhaz Heivz

Old Jun 1st 2022, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Korhaz Heivz

I am due to book a blood test there and have never been to this Hospital.
Is it the new /refurbed building by the gardens that lead to the famous therapy pool. Thank you
Old Jun 1st 2022, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Korhaz Heivz

Yes, it was being refurbished 3 years ago when we still lived there.
I went there many years ago for treatment but for bigger things we went to the Keszthely korház.
The people in both establishments were very friendly and professional though Keszthely is a bit old.
Generally infrastructure is ...
BYO is the principle:
Bring your own soap, towels, plates, knives and forks ...
But that probably doesn't concern you.
PS and a bit OT:
After my fall where I hurt my spine I spent several weeks in the Esztergom Korhaz, similar situation.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Old Jun 1st 2022, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Yes, it was being refurbished 3 years ago when we still lived there.
I went there many years ago for treatment but for bigger things we went to the Keszthely korház.
The people in both establishments were very friendly and professional though Keszthely is a bit old.
Generally infrastructure is ...
BYO is the principle:
Bring your own soap, towels, plates, knives and forks ...
But that probably doesn't concern you.
PS and a bit OT:
After my fall where I hurt my spine I spent several weeks in the Esztergom Korhaz, similar situation.
Same in the main hospital in Miskolc. Don't forget bottled water and cool drinks as well. Many visitors brought in meals and food for patients to eat. The standard breakfast and supper was 2 or 3 slices of bread, a small amount of margarine and some luncheon meat. Lunch was soup, main course and pudding.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't want to start complaining but of course ...
Here in Esztergom you get some lukewarm kind of tea for breakfast and if you want coffee you ask the nurse - and pay her so she gets it from the machine somewhere.
My wife regularly brought me extra foodstuff:
Some ham or kolbasz, paprika and tomatoes and fruit like bananas and oranges.
A bit OT:
But of course for the Hun government soccer stadiums are more important than hospitals or schools (she says).
But as I said the people here are ok. When there was a kind of Covid lockdown earlier this year my wife would bring a large plastic bag with stuff and clothes to the reception and they would return another bag with used clothes etc - i can't complain.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I had heard that about bringing supplies in to hospital. Having said that I recall having to take soap, towels, toilet rolls and (edible!) food in for my wife when in hospital in Bournemouth.

Now, the other side of the coin (as casualty outpatient at Szént János)

4 weeks ago my wife fell and fractured her wrist.

Tomorrow is her 4th visit, as required by the doctors, to have her plaster removed & replaced with a splint.

The sequence so far has been -

Check in, straight to X ray, 5 minute wait. Round to clinic, 15 minute wait to be seen by clinician. Local anaesthetic and straight into plaster room. Back round to X ray, no wait, back to doctor (10 minute wait), declared ok and sent home with instruction to return in 7 days.

Next visit, check in, straight to X ray, 10 minute wait, round to doctor, shirt wait, doctor not happy, staright round to plaster room to have plaster removed and wrist manipulated & reset and replastered. Back round to X ray, no wait, back to doctor - now happy, instructed to return next week.

Last week, check in, straight to X ray, about 20 minute wait for some more urgent cases, round to doctor, approximately 15 minute wait, doctor happy again, instructed to return again (tomorrow) to have plaster removed.

Each visit was less than 90 minutes. So far 5 X rays, 5 examination.

(By the way the department seemed pretty busy on all occasions)

For comparison, in the UK, Bournemouth, broke my uncle. Went to A&E. Seen by "triage nurse" within 15 minutes, "you may need an X ray". Back to waiting area, waited an hour to be seen "you need an X ray". Round to X ray, wait about 30 minutes. Return to waiting area, wait about 2 hours, seen "you've broken your ankle, needs to be plastered, go now to Poole hospital for plaster. Get over, wait another hour to be plastered up. Sent home "come back in 6 weeks".

Total elapsed time, approx 6 hours for one X ray, one examination, One plaster - & subsequent vproblens that lasted for a long time due to bad setting if the joint.

Sorry about the details but I thought it important!
Old Jun 1st 2022, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Expatrick, my experinces in Keszthely and Heviz were similar - and Esztergom wasn't too bad either. The service was great, had just once a longer wait time at what US calls ER - too many people.
But if you have to stay in the hospital it becomes a totally different story.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Expatrick, my experinces in Keszthely and Heviz were similar - and Esztergom wasn't too bad either. The service was great, had just once a longer wait time at what US calls ER - too many people.
But if you have to stay in the hospital it becomes a totally different story.
I think the service / treatment is paramount. In my wife's case it has been exemplary! If I have to arrange for supplies, so be it. One of the key differences is the sheer efficiency. Check in, go straight to X ray, cutting out the middlemen/ women, for example!
​​​​​​
​​​​
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

So my wife back from Hospital this morning, all good, new blue thingy instead of plaster, all done in 3 weeks time. Very busy but all done in an hour & a half.

Seriously impressed!