Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

kittens, anyone?

kittens, anyone?

Old Nov 5th 2010, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough
Default kittens, anyone?

I hope this is not against the forum rules, please delete my post if it is.

We brought home 5 kittens a few days ago as they were destined to be killed. We already have 2 adult cats we brought with us from the UK so we only want to keep two more maximum.

If anyone could give them a good home, please get in touch. They are all very loving, affectionate, playful and gorgeous little kittens. We are getting more and more attached to them by the day. I hope there are some kitty-lovers out there, otherwise we'll end up with 7 cats! They are 5-6 weeks old, eat well and they all seem very healthy. We live in Balatonfenyves.

Cheers,

Ria
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:12 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kittens, anyone?

Hi Riahun, how tempting but I have to say no as we acquired a kitten this summer

Good on you for rescuing them and I hope you manage to re home them. Keep us posted on how you get on.

(Perhaps a couple of pics would help if possible)
Old Nov 6th 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rural

You know another kitten would do you and your kitten a huge favour. They would keep each other company and play with each other keeping you and the family amused.

Forgot to say they are all litter trained. We have a black and white and 2 tiggers on offer still to go to a good home. I think the tiggers are male and the black and white is female.

I tried to attach 2 pictures, not sure if it has worked but can send them to email addresses if anyone wants to see them.

kittens, anyone?-tigger.jpg

kittens, anyone?-trinity.jpg
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:50 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness, they are so sweet. If the tiggers were female I might well have had one.

I do know of someone looking for two young cats, have emailed them to see if they are interested in kittens and will let you know as soon as they reply.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 8:53 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Riahun, have sent you a PM
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Just an update on the kittens. They are getting naughtier by the day but they are so cute and sweet as well. They purr all the time and they love playing as all kittens do. They all have their own personalities and they love being around people.

We've still got all 5, no one was interested other than Rural. As I was asked to keep you guys posted, thought I'd send you a few more pictures.

Ria
Attached Thumbnails kittens, anyone?-aggie-tigger.jpg   kittens, anyone?-sir-purralot.jpg   kittens, anyone?-trin.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:16 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

we are just so glad we do not live in Hungary, or we might end up with some more kittens. To add to our present 3 cats.

I hope you find a home for them, but they do seem so please to be with you.
Especially the one in the middle photo.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Casa,

Yes, you are right, they do seem to be pleased with us. It is my partner in the pictures, I was the one taking them. The one in the middle is called Sir Purralot.

They are lovely and it would be difficult to part with any of them but it's going to be interesting with 7 cats - we have 2 adult ones as well.

Just decorating the house and the Christmas tree, I am dreading the moment they are out of their bedroom and see all the shine and glitter to play with.
Attached Thumbnails kittens, anyone?-asleep.jpg  
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:09 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

I can't believe these little cuties haven't gone yet and I am getting worried as my daughter arrives next week
Old Dec 14th 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Well, what can I say? Not a lot of cat people around... Come over with your daughter for a cup of tea, I dare you.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:29 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Any luck yet?

We had 4 lovely Ragdoll kittens when we arrived from Spain, that usually fetch anywhere between €400 and €1000 anywhere else, We had to give them away here in Hungary and that took weeks, had to pay for an add on Vatera too

I think the Hungarians watch their money and concentrate on feeding themselves a little more than the rest of Europe, well not sure what it is really, but we were very disapointed.

Please, let us know how you get on.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Hiya Anonimouse

To be honest, we haven't advertise them anywhere else. I am Hungarian but I really wanted them to go to a British family because I know they treat pets as part of their family. A lot of Hungarians still don't see it that way.

I've seen the adverts on vatera and I don't think I could do it. There is no way to tell whether they will treat them right or not especially if they pick them up for 1 Ft. We are not desperate so I think we'll keep them all now. They have bonded with us and would be difficult to part with any of them. We would only give a couple of them away if they were to go to a good home. I am pretty sure we are stuck with them now - or they are stuck with us.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 3:56 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ha yes , I think the locals who advertised them for me made a little more than 1p however unfortunately I didn't .

My own Vatera account is so close to being open now, I just need to pay this 100ft somehow, very difficult with only a translator as help lol