Frozen in time.

Old Aug 26th 2021, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frozen in time.

I have never really thought about my cooking and eating habits, until yesterday.
Everything I consume is either fresh or occasionally tinned or packeted (auto spell says packeted is not a word, so from a sachet or box).
Other than for the ubiquitous packet of frozen peas or mixed veg my freezer rarely gets visited but is none the less chock-a-bloc full, so yesterday I decided on a full clear-out.
Oldest item hiding in the deepest depths was a pack of Pork'n'Beef sausages from 2017, and that was the Best Before date. Newer items ranged from 2019 to last year. Half eaten tubs of ice cream from 2 years ago definitely do not now have the same appeal they presumably had when purchased.
Oddest discovery was a bag of frozen walnuts, and bag of very solid and compacted breadcrumbs neither of which I remember at all or why they should be in there.

So now I have a nice up to date and almost empty freezer compartment, which I know is not it's idea operating state, but judging by this experience I suspect it will soon start to fill with spontaneous purchases that will never actually get eaten.
Just wondering if I should attack the tool shed or garden shed next, or even the wardrobe, I am sure there is a suit from the '70 in there somewhere :-) . . . or just let sleeping dogs lie.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frozen in time.

Originally Posted by duztee
So now I have a nice up to date and almost empty freezer compartment, which I know is not it's idea operating state, but judging by this experience I suspect it will soon start to fill with spontaneous purchases that will never actually get eaten.
Just wondering if I should attack the tool shed or garden shed next, or even the wardrobe, I am sure there is a suit from the '70 in there somewhere :-) . . . or just let sleeping dogs lie.
I am hearing rumours that the government is planning a lock down at the end of September. Contacts in the council cultural departments are being advised not to plan public events for after the end of September in anticipation of a 4th wave. So perhaps put off attacking the tool shed etc. until October. If the Lock down fails to happen then you have a good excuse to do nothing !!
Old Aug 26th 2021, 9:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Our last apartment had the old style shutter boxes above the windows (as described by Peter in another thread), when we had these renovated I had high hopes of goodies being secreted inside, from long ago. Not a sausage! Someone got there before us!

Last 3 days cases: 82, 134, 180. Is this just a blip or the start of the 4th wave?

Old Aug 26th 2021, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by duztee
Whilst inspecting the property, the estate agent and I found the cross from the previous occupant's grave.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Our last apartment had the old style shutter boxes above the windows (as described by Peter in another thread), when we had these renovated I had high hopes of goodies being secreted inside, from long ago.
Genuine natural bio Hungarian honey? A colony of bees squatted in mine; the shutter wouldn't open after that, and I never managed to get it fixed before selling the house.

Old Aug 26th 2021, 12:55 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watchpost
Whilst inspecting the property, the estate agent and I found the cross from the previous occupant's grave.

If you snoop around the property you may find the previous occupants final resting place.

Relax, I doubt the Hungarian authorities would allow a grave placed outside a sanctioned "Temeto"
Old Aug 26th 2021, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
I am hearing rumours that the government is planning a lock down at the end of September. Contacts in the council cultural departments are being advised not to plan public events for after the end of September in anticipation of a 4th wave. So perhaps put off attacking the tool shed etc. until October. If the Lock down fails to happen then you have a good excuse to do nothing !!
Another hint - the Budapest buses seem to have reverted to the "board only by the middle & rear doors".
Old Aug 26th 2021, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
If you snoop around the property you may find the previous occupants final resting place.

Relax, I doubt the Hungarian authorities would allow a grave placed outside a sanctioned "Temeto"
Unless it is the ashes !!!
Old Aug 26th 2021, 1:03 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Unless it is the ashes !!!
I forgot about that..my bad.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

That's exactly what the estate agent said!

Funnily enough, the occupants of the temeto were my neighbours on one side. Well, sort of. My house was the last house on the left (yes, as in Last House on the Left), then came some fields, then the temeto.

I do miss the place.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 5:25 pm
Banned

I once lived next to a cemetery. Never once did they keep me awake all night with loud music, never once did they complain about my barking dog and never once did I have a sleepless night. You don't have to worry about the dead. It is the live ones whom we should be afraid of.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

I once lived next to a cemetery. Never once did they keep me awake all night with loud music, never once did they complain about my barking dog and never once did I have a sleepless night.
Sure, but what we all really want to know is whether they tried to move the property boundary.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 8:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Watchpost
Sure, but what we all really want to know is whether they tried to move the property boundary.

It did not move during the 12 years I lived there.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to state for the record I do not for one moment believe the numbers being posted by governments around the world as being accurate. In the US for example in Florida a hospital recorded a death as being covid 19 when in fact the true cause of death was from a motorcycle accident caused by a drunk driver. There are numerous reports from MD's at US hospitals claiming that they were being pressured to list cause of deaths as Covid even when the decedent died from other causes such as accidents and gun violence because the hospitals are being paid $34,000 USD by the US Government for each reported Covid fatality. I personally know of a 94 year old man who recently died from slipping and falling in his bath tub and breaking his hip. His widow stated the medical examiner listed cause of death as Covid 19 on the Death Certificate. His widow is adamant her husband was not at all ill. They were married 68 years I think she would know.

Does anyone not think it odd that global flu deaths have dropped to almost zero during this pandemic? Hypothetically, If 300,00 died from the seasonal flu the year before the pandemic and then dropped to almost zero each flu season during this pandemic that seems very suspicious to me. I think a great number of the covid 19 deaths are misreported seasonal flu deaths.

Respectfully, If someone believes they should roll up their sleeve for a vaccine, by all means don't let me talk you out of it. Your choice, your life. I choose not to be a lab rat for a medical experiment of an unproven vaccine. My choice, my life. If your vaccine protects you why should you worry about the unvaccinated? Your protected from the unvaccinated by your vaccine ,...Right? If I am willing to take a chance and remain unvaccinated that is the risk I accept. There are numerous reports of deaths and adverse reactions to these jabs, does that not bother any of you at all? I hope I am wrong but I think the cancer deaths and deaths from cardiac issues are going to dramatically increase in the next 2-3 years, in fact I am already noticing a increase in deaths in younger aged people the last 6-8 months.
How did the state of my freezer compartment turn into yet another Covid Rant!
I have had both of my jabs, and I have smoked 20 cigarettes a day for my whole life, and lived a very unhealthy life-style for many of those years, never exercise and drive my diesel guzzling car to go anywhere over 500 metres. I did not expect to live to retirement age, but here I am. It is all one big lottery, and I don't believe anything (excluding suicide) is going to change your expiry date very much one way or the other.
Now back to the OP!
and deciding what to tackle next, I also have a cellar under part of my house which I have never been in, didn't even look when I was buying. There is a trap door in the floor of the utility room with a surprisingly robust set of stairs going down into a pitch black abyss, but going down to find nothing but a large empty space would spoil the mystery of what if.
Old Aug 27th 2021, 6:21 am
Banned

My apologies Duztee for going off topic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.