Flour

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 8:06 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flour

You're welcome : stupor (don't know if I spelt it right) is baking powder, nigella seeds you can leave out as they are difficult to find here and I now have tons of cumin seeds if you can't find them and want some posted.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that Rural. I was worried about the nigella seeds but if I can leave them ut, it's all good. Cumin seeds you can buy here too, so that's not gonna be a problem but thanks for your kind offer anyway.

Will try them between the two holidays, I should have a bit more time then.

Ria
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 1:56 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Trying this nan recipe now, at the sticky rising stage, it does't look like it's risen much after 30 mins,...will report back much later

Oh forgot to say, I haven't got a grill on my cooker, here so going to try it in an electric glass oven thing, you know the one, it has heating element at top...fingers crossed

Last edited by anonimouse; Jan 3rd 2011 at 1:58 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:25 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, hope they worked out for you. I made some the other evening along with a chicken Pathia, left out the yeast as I was in a hurry and they were some of the best yet.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:42 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, yes they were the best I have made to date thanks, I think I can improve on them a little too. Problem is I have no grill at the moment but my glass oven did me proud
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 7:57 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Well done you That's it, each time you make them, they get a little bit better. The key is the heat, really hot pan so they bubble up straight away and then a really hot grill - there is another method whereby you hold it upside down over the gas flame but that requires a special pan.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

stromnessdundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Búzafinomliszt BL55 is the equivalent of plain flour. To get fabby Yorkshire puds use goose fat.
Étkezési keményítő is cornflour, not kukorica liszt as I first thought.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

I don't know much about baking, but this may be of help.

http://thebritishpantry.hu

Unfortunately the shop is in Budapest. They do a delivery service, but this may be just local.

Season's greetings to everyone.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:29 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Thanks Shotgun, they do deliver to the Balaton area and many of the Brits use them though I find, as with all expat shops, the products are somewhat expensive compared to local alternatives I suppose it depends how badly you miss certain things from home.

The chap runs it with his wife and they are a very pleasant couple who will go out their way to obtain anything that you request