English TV in Hungary

English TV in Hungary

Old Dec 15th 2013, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Re: English TV in Hungary

Originally Posted by llareggub
Sorry, my misunderstanding...

It does seem as thought is is possible from a brief web search all the the mechanics of getting it working vary depending upon make of TV and also to a degree the provider of your VPN

It would seem that quite a few of the VPN providers seem to have walk through instructions on how to set it up by make of TV...
My VPN provider says it can't be done via VPN direct
To TV However it can be done via Smart DNS waiting for him
To elaborate on this also not sure which
Smart TV would be best suited here in Hungary
Old Dec 18th 2013, 12:04 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llareggub
It does seem as thought is is possible from a brief web search all the the mechanics of getting it working vary depending upon make of TV and also to a degree the provider of your VPN

It would seem that quite a few of the VPN providers seem to have walk through instructions on how to set it up by make of TV...
You are right in that it's easy enough if using a router, just route to the VPN and run all traffic through the router. Smart DNS is okay but less secure and can't access as many sites as VPN.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
You are right in that it's easy enough if using a router, just route to the VPN and run all traffic through the router. Smart DNS is okay but less secure and can't access as many sites as VPN.
Can you get subtitles/captions?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

atox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the rough

A quick tip for those that want to watch hulu.com, bbc iplayer, fox.com, ... online from within Hungary without paying for vpn.

Step 1: Install the media hint browser plugin (free). Is only available for chrome and firefox.
Step 2: Done

It's quite easy and seems to be fast enough to be watchable from here.

Last edited by atox; Jan 24th 2014 at 3:55 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

hirschhs is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent tip! Many thanks.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by atox
A quick tip for those that want to watch hulu.com, bbc iplayer, fox.com, ... online from within Hungary without paying for vpn.

Step 1: Install the media hint browser plugin (free). Is only available for chrome and firefox.
Step 2: Done

It's quite easy and seems to be fast enough to be watchable from here.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

vorsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Any advice please. Have set up PC to run through VPN for TV. Channel 4 and BBC i player are fine. Cannot get any sound on Channel 5 and ITV and cannot understand why?

Anyone out there have any clues?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vorsman
Any advice please. Have set up PC to run through VPN for TV. Channel 4 and BBC i player are fine. Cannot get any sound on Channel 5 and ITV and cannot understand why?

Anyone out there have any clues?
I did this some time back. I'm guessing the cable you have to the TV is video only, not audio .... hence you may only get sound through the PC, not through the TV
Old Feb 11th 2014, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

vorsman is an unknown quantity at this point

First sorted the no sound on ITV problem.

I had posed a question that if equipment was upgraded, fine tuned etc etc would we receive UK on our dishes ranging up to 1.8m.

The reply from a technical site was they had received info from a person in Graz who was extremely technical savvy and has a 3m dish and he had lost the channels. As we are further east they conclude, obviously, no chance for us.

This is just so no one spends any time, effort or money on trying to upgrade in the hope of getting the signals for BBC etc back.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vorsman
First sorted the no sound on ITV problem.

I had posed a question that if equipment was upgraded, fine tuned etc etc would we receive UK on our dishes ranging up to 1.8m.

The reply from a technical site was they had received info from a person in Graz who was extremely technical savvy and has a 3m dish and he had lost the channels. As we are further east they conclude, obviously, no chance for us.

This is just so no one spends any time, effort or money on trying to upgrade in the hope of getting the signals for BBC etc back.
Looks like Itv/Channel 4 etc has gone too. Never mind,
have VPN also so back to the computer
Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richardmc
Looks like Itv/Channel 4 etc has gone too. Never mind,
have VPN also so back to the computer
Good to have met you both last night at Pikis had a great laugh
Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by klarika
Good to have met you both last night at Pikis had a great laugh
Also glad we both met you and hubby properly at last, yes we had a great happy night with you, Brian/Sue, Hungarian Sue and the chap (biker man) sorry we forgot his name, seems we share many views, see you both next week sometime if you can make it.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:03 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered why my ears were burning
Old Feb 12th 2014, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

:rofl
Originally Posted by richardmc
Also glad we both met you and hubby properly at last, yes we had a great happy night with you, Brian/Sue, Hungarian Sue and the chap (biker man) sorry we forgot his name, seems we share many views, see you both next week sometime if you can make it.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Has there been any change to accessing English TV via satellite?

I have also wondered what the EU's view was on broadcasters using spot beam signal instead of the wider beam signal from the older satellites? I would not think the EU would find using spot beam being beneficial to EU residents moving between countries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.