Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

English TV in Hungary

English TV in Hungary

Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:40 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default English TV in Hungary

Originally posted by Tarakay:

I am interested in the best way to get english tv and internet access. We have a house in Csicso and plan to spend more time there as we are planning to retire. We will be visiting for a couple of weeks very soon and would appreciate any info.re tv etc.
Old May 15th 2010, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Brasilero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English TV in Hungary

Hello,

Regarding watching British TV, as long as you have a good internet access with downloading speed of at least 2 mb/s you can watch nearly all British Channel for free, via the internet, without the need to install huge and unsightly satellite dishes on your garden.

Send me a PM if you are interested.
Old May 27th 2010, 4:21 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary

I am interested in the best way to get english tv and internet access. We have a house in Csicso and plan to spend more time there as we are planning to retire. We will be visiting for a couple of weeks very soon and would appreciate any info.re tv etc.

I got a satelite dish from local shop, (with LNB) it was under 10 000ft its bob on to Astra 28.2 and I get loads of channels on a sky box, even ITV and channel five loads more, no BBcs though but we can live without that easily .

The dish is supposed to be a 120m but my mate reckons its only a 60?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Gaflack is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a suggestion about English TV coverage.

From the posts I assume High Speed Internet is available to most areas. Has anyone thought to pull your TV shows from the Usenet? I just watched Season 2 of "Being Human" from a download last week. They were a post in 'alt.binaries.british.drama'. I usually pull down the shows I am interested in (US and Brit) after the season ends. If you want your weekly fix most shows are posted a day or so after the showing.

Michael
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:46 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michael and welcome to the forum.
Are you living in Hungary?
Most villages have internet though not all are capable of high speeds. There are sites where you can stream programmes, instead of downloading them, not sure of the legality so I won't post the link here but they are free. There are also sites that work the same as usenet again free, if you are paying for your usenet let me know and I can PM you the details.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Gaflack is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the post Rural. I was just trying to give other alternatives to a poor Dish reception. Since I am in the US our access to UK TV is very poor. It has been nice to be able, over the years, to download all the shows we have come to love.

BTW we are not in Hungary and I will do an new intro post for us.

Michael and Sandy
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:41 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Gaflack, out of curiosity, do you have to pay for usenet in the USA or are there decent free providers?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really interested to know more about what can be received via satelite dish. The internet is great if you don't need subtitles (I'm deaf!!) and the only website to show programmes with subtitles is BBC.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough

hi

with our sky box we get some of the freesat channels

ITV,C4,C4+1,C5,FIVER, US FIVE, SKY NEWS ALL THE USA NEWS CHANNELS. REALITY TV AND A COUPLE OF MOVIE CHANNELS. PLUS THE USUAL JUNK CHANNELS. might be more but cant remember what we get. we can get all these with a 1.2m dish and get sub titles as my hubby is 50%deaf.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Am I right in thinking that if you get a 2.4 dish you can all the channels ie, ITV;CH4,5 anad BBC channels as you can here in Spain?

Klarika
Old Oct 12th 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotpot
hi

with our sky box we get some of the freesat channels

ITV,C4,C4+1,C5,FIVER, US FIVE, SKY NEWS ALL THE USA NEWS CHANNELS. REALITY TV AND A COUPLE OF MOVIE CHANNELS. PLUS THE USUAL JUNK CHANNELS. might be more but cant remember what we get. we can get all these with a 1.2m dish and get sub titles as my hubby is 50%deaf.
Thanks Hotpot ... this is great news!
Old Oct 12th 2010, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

hotpot will become famous soon enoughhotpot will become famous soon enough

hi klarika

yes with a 2.4 dish you can get all the channels but you need a good dish and line it up perfectly.

if you call in while you are here you can see out set up and the cost of it.

with what we have got we have not got time to watch BBC
Old Oct 15th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Hello I know this post is old, but you don't need a satellite dish to get the BBC and other english channels as long as you have an internet connection,and computer and something called a "sling box" which is hooked up to your sky box in the UK.
when you watch in hungary you have the remote controller on the screen just like the one you would have to control the sky box, so you can record programmes as well as watching what you have recorded you can watch programmes currently showing. Not all areas of Hungary have internet connection, we are lucky that a small factory in our village has a mast that beams out the internet, but you have to pay each month to be connected to it. This also works even when speed of transmission drops, but it slows down the transmission of course. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Is anyone using the 2.4 dish and if so what channels are you getting?
Old Dec 12th 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tapsony-Hungary
Hello I know this post is old, but you don't need a satellite dish to get the BBC and other english channels as long as you have an internet connection,and computer and something called a "sling box" which is hooked up to your sky box in the UK.
when you watch in hungary you have the remote controller on the screen just like the one you would have to control the sky box, so you can record programmes as well as watching what you have recorded you can watch programmes currently showing. Not all areas of Hungary have internet connection, we are lucky that a small factory in our village has a mast that beams out the internet, but you have to pay each month to be connected to it. This also works even when speed of transmission drops, but it slows down the transmission of course. Hope this helps.
Do you know where we can buy one of these boxes?

Thanks

Klarika

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.