Eger

Old Sep 4th 2021, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eger

I'm heading to Eger today to meet up with local deaf friends and other members of Sinosz. This'll be the first time I'd have driven for nearly an hour here. I'm gaining confidence but really do need to ramp up the kilometres. We're taking the dog. Hope he will behave.
It'll be interesting to see if they talk about the Hungary v. England match.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eger

Only two people asked about the football and didn't know the score or what happened.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Joetography is an unknown quantity at this point

Great photo
Old Sep 4th 2021, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

The dog was well behaved. Took several photos but seems only possible to upload two!
Joetography - photos from smartphone not my normal camera.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FenTiger

Only two people asked about the football and didn't know the score or what happened.
An older lady from the deaf group took this. She had mobility issues and myself being with dog had a walk around whilst everyone went inside. We managed to understand each other.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

It was a great day out. We were in a bit of a rush and didn't set the Satnav properly. The destination was showing as 374km away!!! Stopped and reset to Eger, then stopped at a petrol station looked up nearest car park to the castle and input it to the Satnav. Thanks God the parking meter accepted cards!
Old Sep 4th 2021, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant! Glad you enjoyed your day!
Old Sep 4th 2021, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Brilliant! Glad you enjoyed your day!
We had alot of people staring at us .... with a happy smile courtesy of our Archie! He turned heads everywhere! I think he's got a good chance of becoming a heart throb!
Old Sep 5th 2021, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Fen Tiger,
I notice in the photo that Archie is wearing something other than a normal dog collar. Is he a 'hearing dog' ?
Old Sep 6th 2021, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

That's a K9 Julius harness. We've never felt the need to have a specially trained hearing dog for the deaf. The training is ongoing and you have to spend a weekend at their training centre once a year to ensure the dog doesn't forget it's training.
Old Sep 6th 2021, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Feeling quite annoyed my Satnav was set for minimum use of toll roads and we ended up on the M25. It was a very short stretch but we're expecting a fine. My UK Garmin satnav would have directed us a different route. Never mind.
Old Sep 6th 2021, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling quite annoyed my Satnav was set for minimum use of toll roads and we ended up on the M25. It was a very short stretch but we're expecting a fine. My UK Garmin satnav would have directed us a different route. Never mind.
My satnav (waze) has an 'avoid use of toll roads' setting.
Perhaps minimum use of toll roads is not quite the same as avoid use.
Old Sep 6th 2021, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
My satnav (waze) has an 'avoid use of toll roads' setting.
Perhaps minimum use of toll roads is not quite the same as avoid use.
There doesn't seem to be any other optio unlike my garmin satnav.
Old Sep 6th 2021, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

There doesn't seem to be any other optio unlike my garmin satnav.
I have satnav but don't use it very often. If I want to check how to get somewhere I'll google it first. You usually find the search gives you several options.