E104 Form

Old Nov 8th 2018, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Stegy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E104 Form

Im confused about the TAJ card.
I applied for one in June from the Kaposvar office and was told to wait at least 3 months while they requested info from the UK.
The next day I went to my local Marcali office where the lady took all details, lakcimet etc then straight away issued me a tax number on an official stamped sheet. A week later a card arrived by post (see picture).

The Kaposvar office replied today with a copy letter from UK HMRC saying they got a E104 form request for info But to resend advising what they need (S041 ?) and to include start and finish dates Obviously Kaposvar doesnt know that form E104 is obsolete.

If the card I recieved is the correct one I can forget about the Kaposvar office.

Firstly is this actually the TAJ card that you use for health care access and payments. Or is it a different type of tax card.Secondly How do I actually make the monthly contribution payments.

Any clarity would be very welcome
I am now permenantly living in Hungary. Unemployed and living off savings until pesions start.
Many thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2018, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stegy,

That card is your personal tax number/card.

Not a TAJ card.

I am self employed and make a monthly payment by online banking to NAV which covers my tax and TAJ. Not exactly sure how others do it.

Last edited by rickster000; Nov 8th 2018 at 6:26 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2018, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rickster
It looks like I will have to follow up the Kaposvar office.
It did seem far too easy though.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

2017sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: E104 Form

Hi your half way there ? If you go back to the nav office and ask the for the form (18T1011) this is the form they fill out with you and ask when you would like to start payments i.e. Start / middle / end of the month Cost 7300 ft per month (taj card payment )in my case they gave me the pay at the post office (yellow tkt ) and also said that not to be later than ten days after the due date as the payment may not be accepted .. and it's the form (I asked for a copy as the taj office was only 200 mts away ). I then filled out the taj card form with them and they then sent by reg post the letter first with the taj number on it and about 4 days later the actual taj card ? I Hope this helps
Old Nov 10th 2018, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sunshine.
Thanks for that. I am not sure if my local Marcali office can do this but armed with the form number you gave and your experience im getting close retc. Slightly confused as to which is a NAV office and which office deals with TAJ cards but hopefully I will be able to check all this at the local Marcali office .
Old Nov 10th 2018, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stegy
Hi Sunshine.
Thanks for that. I am not sure if my local Marcali office can do this but armed with the form number you gave and your experience im getting close retc. Slightly confused as to which is a NAV office and which office deals with TAJ cards but hopefully I will be able to check all this at the local Marcali office .

Years ago we were told to go to Kaposvar to get TAJ cards etc ) which we did with no hassle) so maybe we could have saved a few miles travel ( living in somogy area)
Old Nov 11th 2018, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi stegy just a bit more information for you '? The nav office is the /hu - tax office ( uk - hmrc ) That's the office that you gave you your plastic card ! Which is to be honest I don't have yet I did get a paper official letter at the time with my (nav reg no ) on it . and they said they would post it to me ! Only been 7 working days !! The taj office is the department of Heath and social security , and as ( enter) has said they had to go to kaposvar I expect that's a main city ? I did have no luck at our local nav office so I went to our nearest main city and they have been excellent in there help. Also I did (taj office ) originally apply for the so41, and it did take longer than 3 months '+ a call to hmrc , now for the nitty gritty bit I'm 67 so retired so the so41 came back with the hmrc saying yes my contributions were ok with a start date of xx/xx/2014 - and an end date of xx/xx/2016 (when I retired) now I thought I would have a problem as hmrc had not put the other 40 years worth of contributions on the form ?! Now it actually turns out after I received my card ( the important bit ) the reason I'm have to pay contributions ( 7300 ft ) is that there is an end date on my so41 now in order to get free (i.e. Not have to pay contributions) I now have to get form (s1) Which means on Monday I have to ring DWP overseas Heath care dept in the uk for the s1 form and I think it's also linked to the ehic card which has to be changed from my uk based one to a non uk based one will let you know what happens ?
Old Nov 11th 2018, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sunshine.
That sounds more like the beaurocratic roundabout I was expecting. So Monday its back to Kaposvar
I was wondering about the dates of info required from the HMRC as I have been living in the middle east for tthe last 6 years and havent paid any NI contributions.
Well I will see how it goes tomorrow. As long as its two steps forward and only one back im still getting there.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi stegy if there a lot closer you could try your local nav office again as they do seam really helpful, as they gave you the tax card ! I think that they normally help you fill out the taj- T18xxxxform ( tax card -res- card -add card ) all asked for in order to fill out the taj-T18xxx form , they never Looked at the so41 at all and I do believe that they then send off the form to the taj office obviously would take longer to receive the taj card that way ? As you say you haven't payed into the ni in the last 6 years sounds like you would be in a similar situation? You can but I'm not 100% positive If you want to make ni contributions your allowed to go back for the last 5 years ?? I.e. It tops up you pension from the uk in my case I had 5 years missing from teens -2? So couldn't top it up ,5 years makes about ยฃ18-20 , a week more on the basic pension of 35 years just a thought for you ? Also do you have the uk ehic card ? They love it here it's like having bupa in the uk (ie. someone else is paying ) You can do it on line just need a uk postal address then your a tourist the same as me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚untill it's all sorted out ?
Old Dec 4th 2018, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I have now sold my house in Hungary and am living full time in Croatia. Before this happened I emailed the TAJ people to ask about the E104 form. They replied that they could only issue an E104 if I was leaving the Hungary health system and joining the Croatian system. I did not reply to this until I had moved from Hungary but that email did not prompt a reply from TAJ. I followed up with a letter to TAJ in Budapest but that was about 2 weeks ago and no reply so far.I could do with registering with a doctor in Croatia as I am having some health problems but at the moment I'm in a no mans zone.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I have now sold my house in Hungary and am living full time in Croatia. Before this happened I emailed the TAJ people to ask about the E104 form. They replied that they could only issue an E104 if I was leaving the Hungary health system and joining the Croatian system. I did not reply to this until I had moved from Hungary but that email did not prompt a reply from TAJ. I followed up with a letter to TAJ in Budapest but that was about 2 weeks ago and no reply so far.I could do with registering with a doctor in Croatia as I am having some health problems but at the moment I'm in a no mans zone.
I'm not sure how to solve the bureaucracy issue but in the short term I would still try to register with and see a doctor and explain the situation to them.
I was in similar limbo in Budapest for a while, trying to sort out my TAJ so I took in my EHIC and it was showing up as invalid in the system, but the doctor still registered me and saw me several times and wrote prescriptions for me.

Good luck.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 5:53 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rickster000
I'm not sure how to solve the bureaucracy issue but in the short term I would still try to register with and see a doctor and explain the situation to them.
I was in similar limbo in Budapest for a while, trying to sort out my TAJ so I took in my EHIC and it was showing up as invalid in the system, but the doctor still registered me and saw me several times and wrote prescriptions for me.

Good luck.
Yep I'm not registered with a Hungarian doctor but the local village doc has happily written me prescriptions if I go in with my wife (& I think he's primarily a paediatrician/ kids' Dr). In the summer I got a bad conjunctivitis or some other eye infection, I think from a cat, which wouldn't clear itself up - my wife was still in England so I went on my own to a big pharmacy in our closest big shopping centre (Budakalasz) & explained the problem - & they were good enough to let me buy eye antibiotics (rather than those useless eye drops) which sorted it all out in 2 days though the course lasted a few days more. Also I get gout and realised that buying the allopurinol was half price or less in Hungary vs getting & paying for UK prescriptions, so bought a year's supply in 1 go from our village pharmacy without a prescription.
Old Apr 27th 2019, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

It seems there are several stages to the process of unregistering from the Hungarian health insurance system. At one point I posted my Hungarian Registration and Address cards back to the documents office in Nagykanizsa, with a covering letter to explain that I am no longer a resident. I later went to the health insurance office in Keszthely (the one in Nagykanizsa had previously refused to deal with me). The man there seemed quite helpful but told me my letter was not good enough, I still had to appear in person at the documents office to unregister myself. He also partly filled in a big form for the tax office to officially cancel my payments. I did then go to Nagykanizsa documents office and I thought that part was finally sorted......I waited until my next trip to Hungary to take the form to one of the Hungarian members of the Balatonbrits. Annamaria kindly went through the form and helped me to fill it in. I left it with her as she said she would take it to her local tax office (Marcali) after the Easter holiday. I had an email from her on Thursday to say they would not accept the form and were asking to see my registration card and proof that I have moved! It seems that after 6 months I am back to square one.
Old Apr 27th 2019, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fidobsa
It seems there are several stages to the process of unregistering from the Hungarian health insurance system. At one point I posted my Hungarian Registration and Address cards back to the documents office in Nagykanizsa, with a covering letter to explain that I am no longer a resident. I later went to the health insurance office in Keszthely (the one in Nagykanizsa had previously refused to deal with me). The man there seemed quite helpful but told me my letter was not good enough, I still had to appear in person at the documents office to unregister myself. He also partly filled in a big form for the tax office to officially cancel my payments. I did then go to Nagykanizsa documents office and I thought that part was finally sorted......I waited until my next trip to Hungary to take the form to one of the Hungarian members of the Balatonbrits. Annamaria kindly went through the form and helped me to fill it in. I left it with her as she said she would take it to her local tax office (Marcali) after the Easter holiday. I had an email from her on Thursday to say they would not accept the form and were asking to see my registration card and proof that I have moved! It seems that after 6 months I am back to square one.
If you stop paying into the Hungarian system and start paying into the Croatian, would that not sort out the problem for you?

Old Apr 28th 2019, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

That is all I'm trying to do but Croatia won't let me start paying until they get the E104 form from Hungary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.