Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Converting your qualifications

Converting your qualifications

Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Converting your qualifications

Stop giving SteveNLisa all your unwanted advice. It is not required, he's obviously an expert. He obviously knows far more than the posters who have been in Hungary for years.

After careful consideration, I have sent his phone number (from his website) to Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy so he can explain how to overcome their slight problems.

Be prepared everyone, Europe should be booming again in a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:11 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

I understand from friends that HGV qualifications are readily transferable within the EU. As long as you have a Tom-Tom fitted you can get from A to B without much trouble. Road signs tend to be pretty clear for all.

Hurray for the free market & competition as long as it is linked with fair minimum wages & conditions. Here is an example of the positive effects of the EU. I think many of the distribution companies prefer to employ those with suitable qualifications and a strong work ethic. I can't imagine why a reputable haulage contractor would not welcome such an expanded supply of HGV drivers?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:00 pm
Banned

SteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really nice

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
I understand from friends that HGV qualifications are readily transferable within the EU. As long as you have a Tom-Tom fitted you can get from A to B without much trouble. Road signs tend to be pretty clear for all.

Hurray for the free market & competition as long as it is linked with fair minimum wages & conditions. Here is an example of the positive effects of the EU. I think many of the distribution companies prefer to employ those with suitable qualifications and a strong work ethic. I can't imagine why a reputable haulage contractor would not welcome such an expanded supply of HGV drivers?
It has a negative EU effect though John as a Licensed LGV Driver & operator in the UK it works against me at the moment as the Hungarian Haulage industry seem to be taking over under cutting UK Hauliers, there are always more Hungarian trucks than K trucks on the Channel crossing, however it is good that both my LGV driving license & Operators License are transferable, not that I want to come over to Hungary and drive trucks, but nice for a back up should i need it.