Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 10:07 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,780
FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

I'm planning to have new UPVC windows installed next year. There's one problem I'm unsure how to resolve. The cabling has been threaded through a hole in the wooden window frames. I don't want the same being done through the new UPVC window frames.
I think the best solution is to thread the cabling through the wall via an external connection box.
FenTiger is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 10:46 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
duztee's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Nagykoros, Hungary
Posts: 773
duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

The installer who did my windows simply cut the wood frame to remove the cable without disconnecting and then made a small groove into the wall, fitted the new window and filled the groove at the same time as making good the window surround.
duztee is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 10:47 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Sachina's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen Hungary
Posts: 751
Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I'm planning to have new UPVC windows installed next year. There's one problem I'm unsure how to resolve. The cabling has been threaded through a hole in the wooden window frames. I don't want the same being done through the new UPVC window frames.
I think the best solution is to thread the cabling through the wall via an external connection box.
Are you sure the cable is for the telephone and internet and not just for the satellite dish for the TV? My telephone and Internet cable comes through the roof and down the wall with the normal electric cable to floor level and is connected to the equipment by socket and plug





Sachina is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 10:58 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,780
FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

Originally Posted by Sachina
Are you sure the cable is for the telephone and internet and not just for the satellite dish for the TV? My telephone and Internet cable comes through the roof and down the wall with the normal electric cable to floor level and is connected to the equipment by socket and plug
The TV cable comes from the roof outside. I think I need to have a good look at what each cable is for. The cabling is quite messy. You'd need to see it to believe it's that bad. The Telekom guys got a bit confused when they installed the router.
We have no satellite dish but we do have a satellite receiver. In UK I preferred watching TV via satellite dish than digital TV due to a slight time lag with the subtitles.
FenTiger is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 11:02 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,780
FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

Originally Posted by duztee
The installer who did my windows simply cut the wood frame to remove the cable without disconnecting and then made a small groove into the wall, fitted the new window and filled the groove at the same time as making good the window surround.
That's a good fix. I'm going to have a good look at all the cabling.
Our Internet router is in the furthest room so WiFi signal isn't so good. No idea why it's in that room.
FenTiger is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 11:06 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Sachina's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen Hungary
Posts: 751
Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

Originally Posted by FenTiger
The TV cable comes from the roof outside. I think I need to have a good look at what each cable is for. The cabling is quite messy. You'd need to see it to believe it's that bad. The Telekom guys got a bit confused when they installed the router.
We have no satellite dish but we do have a satellite receiver. In UK I preferred watching TV via satellite dish than digital TV due to a slight time lag with the subtitles.
Your telephone cable should branch off from the nearest telegraph pole outside you house and connect to your house just under the roof. My router is in a cupboard next to the desk which my laptop and telephone are on.
Sachina is offline  
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 11:21 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,780
FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cabling for telephone, Internet, etc.

Originally Posted by Sachina
Your telephone cable should branch off from the nearest telegraph pole outside you house and connect to your house just under the roof. My router is in a cupboard next to the desk which my laptop and telephone are on.
To be honest I haven't checked where all the cabling is coming from. Our bedroom has that classic hungarian eyesore TV aerial cable coming through a hole in the ceiling.
FenTiger is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.