Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Buying an apartment Budapest, things to consider?

Buying an apartment Budapest, things to consider?

Old Feb 19th 2014, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Northumbria is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Buying an apartment Budapest, things to consider?

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm a bit new to all this and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Myself and my wifre are looking to perhaps purchase a long term investment in Budapest. I've visited the city before and it really is a facinating place, I have seen that districts 6, 7 and 1 seem to be the most central and sought after? can anyone give me some tips that need to be considered when buying, aslo when bought what are the general running costs? it will tend to be used as a holiday home for us and rented to holiday makers we know for short term periods?

any help or advice you can give is much appreciated. its a mine field out there
Old Feb 20th 2014, 10:19 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying an apartment Budapest, things to consider?

Hi and welcome to the BE forums. We have a few members in Budapest, hopefully one of them will be along soon to offer some advice, if not, I'll see if I can PM them for you, best of luck with your venture
Old Feb 21st 2014, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Northumbria
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm a bit new to all this and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Myself and my wifre are looking to perhaps purchase a long term investment in Budapest. I've visited the city before and it really is a facinating place, I have seen that districts 6, 7 and 1 seem to be the most central and sought after? can anyone give me some tips that need to be considered when buying, aslo when bought what are the general running costs? it will tend to be used as a holiday home for us and rented to holiday makers we know for short term periods?

any help or advice you can give is much appreciated. its a mine field out there
OK then I am district 2 wear we have clean air and transport in to city is very good most of property is apartment's between 18 mill. fh. and 26 mill. fh. owe blocks either 54m2 or 64m2 the apartment is under a tenant's management association wear a payment each month witch covers heating charge of 40th fh. end of each heating year on each rad. there is a unit witch gives heating used in that year then the total amount for year is calculated and it my be a further adjustment or refund and to that 10th for water charges pay out a bought 60th fh. in total. most are in good order but some require upgrading and double glazing Rental a bought 60 th. fh. per month and they would have to pay out all of the costs so the return on investment would not be same as Uk the wife as only gained 6 mill. over 18 years best of look digger
Old Feb 21st 2014, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Claire4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Northumbria,

I think the best idea is to buy an apartment , than rent it when not using it, I can reefer you to a friend who works as an agent, he may help you choosing and giving you more tips if you want.

Regards.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Szabi75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Buying an apartment Budapest, things to consider?

Hello Northumbria,

In case you are using the apartment only in certain periods, security might be an issue. The situation is not worse than anywhere else in Europe but still has to be considered.

To be honest I am selling my own 2 bedroomed flat in the II. district where most of the diplomats live. It was formerly owned by the Canadian embassy and is 24/7 guarded.

For further details please write in private.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

alethiometer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I too am looking for somewhere to buy in Budapest

been there quite a few times to look round apartments but now going in a week to spend a few months there looking.

Please Claire if you have anyone who can help then send me their details.

I have been emailing many many many agents and as of yet have never had a reply once - so its hard to find nay apartments that are not for instance on Duna house website who do and have contacted me and met up but i lost out a few times.

SO seriously going to find somewhere now and just need a normal agent that can help view the apartment.

And what would be great is also to find somewhere to rent for a few months.

Say on a rolling contract - pay each money and then when i have found the apartment to buy can finish the rent.

Again that seems to be beyond almost every single company i have contacted - and No one not even duna house this time round has replied -

I find it very hard indeed to get anywhere

Dont want to be staying in a hotel for months on end i would rather spend that money on the apartment i find

thanks
Old Apr 5th 2014, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Claire4
Hello Northumbria,

I think the best idea is to buy an apartment , than rent it when not using it, I can reefer you to a friend who works as an agent, he may help you choosing and giving you more tips if you want.

Regards.
do you have any details that could help me find apartment to buy - thank s
Old Apr 5th 2014, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alethiometer
Hello

I too am looking for somewhere to buy in Budapest

been there quite a few times to look round apartments but now going in a week to spend a few months there looking.

Please Claire if you have anyone who can help then send me their details.

I have been emailing many many many agents and as of yet have never had a reply once - so its hard to find nay apartments that are not for instance on Duna house website who do and have contacted me and met up but i lost out a few times.

SO seriously going to find somewhere now and just need a normal agent that can help view the apartment.

And what would be great is also to find somewhere to rent for a few months.

Say on a rolling contract - pay each money and then when i have found the apartment to buy can finish the rent.

Again that seems to be beyond almost every single company i have contacted - and No one not even duna house this time round has replied -

I find it very hard indeed to get anywhere

Dont want to be staying in a hotel for months on end i would rather spend that money on the apartment i find

thanks
I no of a apartment district 5 owned by a English Architect been hear a long time and he is sealing is apartment kneads more space as family growing up I not sure of size but 35m2 I think the apartment as been completely refurbish recently new heating rewiring etc.. send PM I can send back his details digger
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by digger47
I no of a apartment district 5 owned by a English Architect been hear a long time and he is sealing is apartment kneads more space as family growing up I not sure of size but 35m2 I think the apartment as been completely refurbish recently new heating rewiring etc.. send PM I can send back his details digger
hello i am in budapest now can you send me the details of this person so i can meet him -
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

rammy100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alethiometer - I have just sent you a pm.