Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Boldog új évet

Boldog új évet

Old Dec 30th 2021, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boldog új évet

Wow - on 2nd January 2022 we, well myself mainly, would have been living In our new house six months. I moved in on 2nd July, my wife two weeks later as her mother needed 24/7 support. On the day my wife moved in her mother went to an old people's home. Sadly, she passed away just two weeks later after being moved to a hospital on her first day there. So it's been a emotionally mixed journey the past six months.
We are more or less settled, had new windows fitted November/December, including the window shutters. Got another dog, Milli, a GSD Ordas. We are still unpacking stuff because for the new windows being installed we decided to move things down to the garage so they didn't get covered by a layer of dust.
We're very pleased with the new windows and the boss did say the fitters may encounter some fitting issues and he was right. One of two windows either side of the front door is 10-15mm deeper than the other. Clearly an error made when the house was built. An old photo of the same windows confirms this.
My Hungarian wife finally got her second vaccination couple of days ago after a massive cock up by the Hungarian health care service delaying her first vaccination. I got my second vaccination months ago!
My Hungarian wife filled in another form, 4th, for her private Scottish Friendly pension and needed someone to confirm her identity. Our wonderful young doctor did that for the second time.
I hope for us, and everyone else on here, you have a happy new year celebration and the new year will be a good one for you all.
Lastly, before I sign off I'm finding it a little sad I'm relaxed about Brexit and decided to just get on with life but alot of my UK friends seem to be stubbornly resistant to the fall out from Brexit!
Old Dec 30th 2021, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boldog új évet

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Wow - on 2nd January 2022 we, well myself mainly, would have been living In our new house six months. I moved in on 2nd July, my wife two weeks later as her mother needed 24/7 support. On the day my wife moved in her mother went to an old people's home. Sadly, she passed away just two weeks later after being moved to a hospital on her first day there. So it's been a emotionally mixed journey the past six months.
We are more or less settled, had new windows fitted November/December, including the window shutters. Got another dog, Milli, a GSD Ordas. We are still unpacking stuff because for the new windows being installed we decided to move things down to the garage so they didn't get covered by a layer of dust.
We're very pleased with the new windows and the boss did say the fitters may encounter some fitting issues and he was right. One of two windows either side of the front door is 10-15mm deeper than the other. Clearly an error made when the house was built. An old photo of the same windows confirms this.
My Hungarian wife finally got her second vaccination couple of days ago after a massive cock up by the Hungarian health care service delaying her first vaccination. I got my second vaccination months ago!
My Hungarian wife filled in another form, 4th, for her private Scottish Friendly pension and needed someone to confirm her identity. Our wonderful young doctor did that for the second time.
I hope for us, and everyone else on here, you have a happy new year celebration and the new year will be a good one for you all.
Lastly, before I sign off I'm finding it a little sad I'm relaxed about Brexit and decided to just get on with life but alot of my UK friends seem to be stubbornly resistant to the fall out from Brexit!
BUEK to you too, and to everyone - may the New year be all you would wish for.

PS: Nick, just remembered I owe you a PM, will respond tomorrow!