Reload this Page >

National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing letter

National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing letter

Old Dec 17th 2021, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

UKinMiskolc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing letter

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I received the attached letter from the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing today. Is it compulsory to obtain a national permanent residence perimt? I have had a lakcim kartya since before Brexit.

Thanks

Old Dec 17th 2021, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing letter

Originally Posted by UKinMiskolc
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I received the attached letter from the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing today. Is it compulsory to obtain a national permanent residence perimt? I have had a lakcim kartya since before Brexit.

Thanks
Yes. Please see UK Govt comment below. And you need to crack on...!

​​​​
Old Dec 17th 2021, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

The short answer is yes! If you live in Miskolc you need to make an appointment with the Immigration Office at Hatvanötösök útja 2, Miskolc 3526. The office is a few minutes walk from the town centre and behind the open market.
Old Dec 17th 2021, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks
As said above yes you need to apply for the permit. NOTE the deadline - 31st December 2021 and most places will be shut from close of play 24th Dec until 3 Jan so in your position I would start Monday 20th Dec.
Old Dec 17th 2021, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly amused by the wording of the first para!

"Entitled" - as opposed to required.

"Without examining, etc"

Old Dec 18th 2021, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
As said above yes you need to apply for the permit. NOTE the deadline - 31st December 2021 and most places will be shut from close of play 24th Dec until 3 Jan so in your position I would start Monday 20th Dec.
Exactly! This is the website you need to use. You can make an appointment and also print off the form you need.

Good luck, but looking at the calendar on the site I doubt whether you'll get an appointment this year.

http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en

Last edited by Sachina; Dec 18th 2021 at 6:18 am.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Yes. Please see UK Govt comment below. And you need to crack on...!​​​​
Thanks for info, much appreciated!

I just have to submit my application online before Dec 31st 2021 right? I then have 15 days to book an appointment, so my appointment can be in 2022? I'm not in the country now until New Year

Originally Posted by Sachina
The short answer is yes! If you live in Miskolc you need to make an appointment with the Immigration Office at Hatvanötösök útja 2, Miskolc 3526. The office is a few minutes walk from the town centre and behind the open market.
That's great, thanks for the info

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 18th 2021 at 12:46 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I just have to submit my application online before Dec 31st 2021 right? I then have 15 days to book an appointment, so my appointment can be in 2022? I'm not in the country now until New Year
My understanding is that it is the date of application that is critical not the end date of the process. But I would get it in ASAP because you want it accepted before the deadline and not much will happen between Christmas and new year.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

The way the pandemic's progressing in the UK and throughout Europe, you might not be allowed into the country in the New Year
Old Dec 18th 2021, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

The way the pandemic's progressing in the UK and throughout Europe, you might not be allowed into the country in the New Year
Except if covid is rife everywhere there is no point in restricting travel - A bit like the UK abandoning the red list because there was no point in trying to stop omicron when it is already rampant in the country.
I guess we have to wait and see, sitting at home bathed in the glory and security of our 3rd jab !!
Old Dec 18th 2021, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

My understanding is that it is the date of application that is critical not the end date of the process. But I would get it in ASAP because you want it accepted before the deadline and not much will happen between Christmas and new year.
Yes absolutely, I just have to make sure ill be back in Hungary within 15 days of submitting the application

I don't believe it will come to that. I have always been able to travel, even at the height of the pandemic

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 18th 2021 at 12:47 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes absolutely, I just have to make sure ill be back in Hungary within 15 days of submitting the application

I don't believe it will come to that. I have always been able to travel, even at the height of the pandemic
France has banned all non essential travel from the UK and from what I've read other EU countries could also follow.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/omicron/95...-ban-uk-travel

Will European countries follow France to ban UK travel?

Old Dec 18th 2021, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

You could be one of the lucky last applicants!
I guess they are doing a final mail out to Brits who registered under the EU rules but have not yet converted.
Old Dec 18th 2021, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Is national permanent residency something that has been created specifically for Brits in Hungary? I'm assuming it's not the same as citizenship?
Old Dec 18th 2021, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is national permanent residency something that has been created specifically for Brits in Hungary? I'm assuming it's not the same as citizenship?
No it is what 3rd country citizens get (that is non EU citizens). What we Brits got before Brexit was residency as an EU citizen - but now we are just the same as the rest of the world.
But you are correct it is not the same as citizenship - so you get an ID card that is only good in Hungary and can't be used for travel outside Hungary and you don't get a Hungarian passport.
Those of us who are eligible and have jumped through the hoops (e.g. me) have citizenship and so are dual nationals, have a Hungarian passport and again are citizens of Europe !

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Dec 18th 2021 at 10:26 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.