Body Cameras

Old May 30th 2023, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Body Cameras

What is the law on wearing a body worn camera? I'm so fed up with encountering dogs on the wrong side of their owners fence and coming up too close to my dogs. Sometimes with a scuffle between the other dog and my GSD. Too often I have to turn around because a dog owner has left the gate open whilst they are doing gardening, maintaining a car or motorbike!
The recording is to protect myself and my dogs.
Old May 30th 2023, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Body Cameras

As far as I understand it's against the law to photograph someone without their consent.

https://budapestbeacon.com/own-a-cam...ew-civil-code/

You could also be breaching the data protection law..

https://www.upguard.com/blog/how-to-be-gdpr-compliant

Old May 30th 2023, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
As far as I understand it's against the law to photograph someone without their consent.

https://budapestbeacon.com/own-a-cam...ew-civil-code/

You could also be breaching the data protection law..

https://www.upguard.com/blog/how-to-be-gdpr-compliant
Where does this put those 'Ring' doorbell cameras. I might have seen one or two in this village. They would capture anything going past a property. Also some properties have CCTV cameras.

A neighbour opposite has a CCTV camera quite high up so can capture quite a bit going on along the road. Doesn't bother us because images captured might be handy for us if anything happens to our car or property.

Last edited by FenTiger; May 30th 2023 at 7:37 am.
Old May 30th 2023, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Where does this put those 'Ring' doorbell cameras. I might have seen one or two in this village. They would capture anything going past a property. Also some properties have CCTV cameras.

A neighbour opposite has a CCTV camera quite high up so can capture quite a bit going on along the road. Doesn't bother us because images captured might be handy for us if anything happens to our car or property.
I found this on a google search.

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/do...-cctv-systems/

https://www.radio-solutions.co.uk/bl...-cameras-gdpr/

In any case wearing abody camera isn't going to solve the problem and if you confront the owners of the offending dogs could make the problem worse. Far better, I would have thought to train yourself and your dogs to deal with the problem in the safest way possible. It's something I, along with many owners have had to learn to do.

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/How-to-S...ching-Your-Dog

Old May 30th 2023, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Archie ignores any dog that approaches us. Milli only reacts when they get too close.

If a pack of dogs snapping converge on us there's not much we can do but run in the opposite direction. It happened to Archie in UK and here too. I do note here that most dogs don't go too far from there owners property so I take them away from their "territory "!
Old May 30th 2023, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Archie ignores any dog that approaches us. Milli only reacts when they get too close.

If a pack of dogs snapping converge on us there's not much we can do but run in the opposite direction. It happened to Archie in UK and here too. I do note here that most dogs don't go too far from there owners property so I take them away from their "territory "!
You shouldn’t run! A dogs'prey drive is driven by motion which means that running makes it more likely that the dog(s) will chase and attack. The dog is going to be faster than you, so, if it wants to catch you, it will. Even my 4.5kg Tibetan Spaniel could get up to a speed of 30mph for a short distance

Instead, what I do is to calmly turn round, telling my two "let's go" and walk briskly in the opposite direction. Unlike walking normally I don't allow my dogs to stop and sniff. Usually the dog doesn't follow.

I use the same technique when walking past a dog behind a fence. Gwylim hates getting to close to dogs behind fences. He has been know to bite a couple of protruding noses! He knows I won't stand any nonsense from him and if he tries to argue he's marched past the fence with me going "One, two quick march" ! Grisha's virtually bomb proof!

Last edited by Sachina; May 30th 2023 at 12:01 pm.