Bicycle Licence

Old Mar 29th 2020, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bicycle Licence

Is it true? .... do you need a licence to ride a bicycle in Hungary? I recall reading somewhere Hungary was introducing bicycle licences! If that was true I'd be flipping mad. I had a cycling proficiency certificate before I went to boarding school and the rules were you had to have one of these before you could ride one but hey, the headmaster being a sh6th39d told me I had to do the test again! So I became the proud owner of not one but two cycling proficiency certificates! If it is true you need a bicycle licence I wonder if I could use my UK cycling proficiency certificates (yes, both of them) to prove I could ride a bicycle and had the required knowledge to understand the highway code for cyclists, etc.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bicycle Licence

I think that's a joke, my wife says that even motorised cycles up to a certain power/engine volume/speed are license free - you just might need an insurance.
Old Mar 29th 2020, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
I think that's a joke, my wife says that even motorised cycles up to a certain power/engine volume/speed are license free - you just might need an insurance.
No licence needed for bicycles or for the low power electric bikes but you do need a licence (a box ticking exercise) and insurance for mopeds however the mopeds have no number plate and have no road tax or MOT requirements but are supposed to be kept in a road worthy condition (any car licence will include a moped licence).
Old Mar 30th 2020, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite certain I did read about this somewhere on the internet. It's something the Hungarian government were planning to introduce. The article also stated that Hungarians were bemused about it!
Old Mar 30th 2020, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I'm quite certain I did read about this somewhere on the internet. It's something the Hungarian government were planning to introduce. The article also stated that Hungarians were bemused about it!
I've not heard anything about a licence for cyclists but there are regulations e.g. you can be nicked for being drunk in charge and I believe that outside of built up areas you are supposed to wear a hi-vis jerkin and the bike is supposed to have working lights (but unlike other vehicles they don't have to be on).