Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Beware - Killer Donkeys in Hungary

Beware - Killer Donkeys in Hungary

Old May 20th 2013, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beware - Killer Donkeys in Hungary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-DONKEYS.html
Old May 20th 2013, 9:45 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware - Killer Donkeys in Hungary

OMG, reading your title I thought it was going to be a humorous story and that I could do with some light relief. In actual fact, that is both very sad and quite horrific. Poor chap and it makes you wonder just what happened, isn't it unusual for donkeys to become aggressive to this extent and not one but two of them at the same time
Old May 21st 2013, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Knowing the majority of Hungarians leave their dogs outside nearly 24/7 with some being chained to kennels I have wondered whether the donkeys were mistreated.
Old May 21st 2013, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

I thought this was a joke when I first read it on a news site. Having said that donkeys and mules can be extremely territorial. My sister has a mule and I keep away from her (the mule not my sister)....we have a mutual respect thing going on....I keep out of her way and she doesn't kick me.

Even so, this is still quite shocking and I just think there is more to the story than meets the eye.
Old May 21st 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I also wondered if they had been badly treated. I remember when I was a child we had an aggressive rabbit. It was not that we did anything to frighten or annoy the rabbit but it outgrew the small hutch my father made for it so it was too confined.
Old May 21st 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

My first reaction was to check the date because this honestly sounded like and April fool joke, but it seems that this really was a serious inccident.

I tend to agree with polgardi that we are not seeing the full story, we all know how annoying some mobility scooter users can be.

Any animal (or human come to that) can become vicous if (they feel) threatened.

Have to say they didn't appear to be that vicious on their 'mug shots'
Old May 21st 2013, 6:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
we have a mutual respect thing going on....I keep out of her way and she doesn't kick me.
similar to me and my other half then
Old May 21st 2013, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

A similar thing happened to a guy we used to know near Eger but in his case it was his neighbour's abandoned 4 dogs that attacked him one night and ate him. They were shot and 7kgs of old man were recovered from their stomachs.
Old May 21st 2013, 8:13 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
A similar thing happened to a guy we used to know near Eger but in his case it was his neighbour's abandoned 4 dogs that attacked him one night and ate him. They were shot and 7kgs of old man were recovered from their stomachs.
No Paul!!! I need to remove an abandoned dog from a property this week - had intended doing it myself but after that I'm calling the dog warden. Out of curiosity, what type of dogs were they?
Old May 21st 2013, 11:34 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
That is disgusting !
Old May 22nd 2013, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I remember just your general mongrel types
Old May 22nd 2013, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
I need to remove an abandoned dog from a property this week - had intended doing it myself but after that I'm calling the dog warden.
As far as I am aware stray dogs are the responsibility / liability of the local council, but you might have to insist as they don't like spending the money!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 2:41 am
rgl
Just Joined

rgl is on a distinguished road

I still wonder what happened to the two donkeys which were the original subject of this thread. Has anyone heard any more news of them? As it was rather sad I have included a link to a happy donkey story you may not have come across.

You may also find amusing the writer's comments about Lake Balaton which come before the description of his donkey farm hunting adventure, in search of "the largest donkey farm in Hungary" that his donkey loving wife insists on visiting. http://www.interrelo.com/newsletters...11/donkey.html