Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

applying for hungarian residency

applying for hungarian residency

Old Dec 27th 2018, 8:48 am
Just Joined

stevieb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default applying for hungarian residency

good morning. my name is steven. me and my wife mel are currently living in England and we have bought a house in zsibot in hungary. we are going to hungary on the 7th of January to apply for our residency cards and we would like some help if possible? is there anybody who has recently gained residency who would be able to tell us exactly what we need to apply please? we want to gain our residency before brexit takes effect and possibly stops us from moving over in around 2 years. thank you. steven
Old Dec 27th 2018, 9:11 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for hungarian residency

You will need to visit the Hungarian Foreigners Website and select the English Language option and it has a number of options for you to browse through to determine what you will need. You will need to for sure have Valid Passports, proof of property ownership, proof of income such as pension statements if your retired, Bank statements showing your savings and spending, The requirements change from time to time so best to visit the site linked below.

Residence in Hungary
Old Dec 27th 2018, 11:00 am
Just Joined

thank you fir your reply. i really appreciate the link you provided. with having to travel over to apply we want ti be sure we dont forget anything and are then denied residency. i will get to the bank and get bank statements and take wage slips also. hopefully fongers crossed we have no issues. we have the house, but just want to make sure we can definitely live there
Old Dec 27th 2018, 11:14 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Each persons situation is different and there are zero guarantees you will be approved. If your retired and not planning to work that will set up certain requirements, if you plan to start a business or be employed here in Hungary that opens up other requirements. If your retired and not competing for a job and have enough income you likely will be approved as long as your not a wanted criminal (they do ask) if you have ever been in trouble. Worst case scenario you own a property that you can visit twice a year for 90 days at a time once Brexit hits. I think we will be under the 90\180 rule.
Old Dec 27th 2018, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

yeah i totally understand everyones situation is different. we intend on selling our house in england and using that money to di the house up and survive off. also make an outbuilding into a bed and breakfast to rent out and my wife will be an online counsellor. hopefully they will understand our intentions and that we will be self sufficient and not reliant on the countrys benefit system