Pound to Euro Exchange Rate

Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:38 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pound to Euro Exchange Rate

Would like to know what the expected Pound to Euro conversion rate is likely to be over the next 6 months, as I have noticed the exchange rate is now down to 1.23! What are the chances that the Pound will actually reach equal parity with the Euro as well?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:31 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pound to Euro Exchange Rate

Well my crystal ball doesn't seem to be working.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:40 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katongkaren
Well my crystal ball doesn't seem to be working.
Well when it does work, what are the chances we will get something sensible out of you?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Well when it does work, what are the chances we will get something sensible out of you?
Many apologies - I thought some light-hearted humour (?) might be in order during these jittery currency times. Hope someone can give you a more serious answer. Be interesting to see how the GBP fares up during this time.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:56 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Many apologies - I thought some light-hearted humour (?) might be in order during these jittery currency times. Hope someone can give you a more serious answer. Be interesting to see how the GBP fares up during this time.
Hey, I am always ready for some light hearted humour

Tell me whats it like living in Thailand?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:11 am
Account Closed

What's it like? Well it's interesting so far - only been here 9 months. For retirement purposes, I think it was a good choice (compared with other choices in the region) though all countries have their pros and cons of course.

The cost of living is very, very cheap but cannot fathom why the Thai Baht is remaining so strong. Many people pondering this question on other forums. Wish I knew the answer!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

mr_v is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to main topic - Pound is at its lowest ever at 1.19 Euro to the pound today!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Windsor2 will become famous soon enoughWindsor2 will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

The volatility we've been seeing in the markets is as I'm sure you are aware unprecidented. Rather than give you our views in isolation I thought it more useful to provide a link to an article which appeared in todays Daily Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/m...get-worse.html

Hope this is useful.

Best Regards

Mark Bodega
HiFX
Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Interesting article and doesn't make good reading for expats whereever they are.

As well as the exchange rate situation, we are very very jittery about the interest rates. We have been "sensible" savers and partially (thank goodness not 100 percent) live off the interest on our GBP savings. We are seriously thinking about changing up the GBP to another currency. I can't quite believe we're thinking about this as I know the exchange rates are awful, but if interest rates get really low - I mean zero percent of GBP XXXXXX comes to zero, doesn't it. Anyone else thinking like this?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Losername is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting article and doesn't make good reading for expats whereever they are.

As well as the exchange rate situation, we are very very jittery about the interest rates. We have been "sensible" savers and partially (thank goodness not 100 percent) live off the interest on our GBP savings. We are seriously thinking about changing up the GBP to another currency. I can't quite believe we're thinking about this as I know the exchange rates are awful, but if interest rates get really low - I mean zero percent of GBP XXXXXX comes to zero, doesn't it. Anyone else thinking like this?
I made a post to this thread and quoted a link to an article. The post has not appeared so maybe someone in authority has noted that the article is years out of date and should be ignored. Sorry.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:08 pm
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Would like to know what the expected Pound to Euro conversion rate is likely to be over the next 6 months, as I have noticed the exchange rate is now down to 1.23! What are the chances that the Pound will actually reach equal parity with the Euro as well?

Well, UK pound might fall into parity. But then, joining the Euro at that time would be the best thing to do. I know that is just as ludicrous as Canada and US joining up on the Amero.