Go Back  British Expats > Partner Forums > HiFX - International Currency Transfers
Reload this Page >

HIFX trading - what happens at weekends?

HIFX trading - what happens at weekends?

Old Feb 27th 2009, 9:28 am
Just Joined

sunny brummie will become famous soon enough
Default HIFX trading - what happens at weekends?

Hi

I have placed a 'market order' with HI FX so that when the £/AUD reaches a certain price they will automatically buy AUD on my behalf.

What I have been wondering is what about when HI FX Australia have closed but trading is still happening because of the time difference in UK and rest of the world?

In other words if we reached my desired price and it was weekend here would I still get my AUD ??

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:55 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HI FX trading - what happens at weekends?

edit
as this has been moved to HIFX forum I have edited my reply as its relating to a different company. Apologies

Last edited by seang; Feb 27th 2009 at 1:06 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

pingpong is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunny brummie
Hi

I have placed a 'market order' with HI FX so that when the £/AUD reaches a certain price they will automatically buy AUD on my behalf.

What I have been wondering is what about when HI FX Australia have closed but trading is still happening because of the time difference in UK and rest of the world?

In other words if we reached my desired price and it was weekend here would I still get my AUD ??

Thanks
don't hold your breath, the pound's about to take a whack even further with the RBS and cut in interest rates. 0.45 isnt a bad deal so i'd do a deal now. whats your limit set at?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:39 am
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pingpong
don't hold your breath, the pound's about to take a whack even further with the RBS and cut in interest rates. 0.45 isnt a bad deal so i'd do a deal now. whats your limit set at?
What you can do is short the Pound and buy AUD. This way, you won't lose money. The pound will fall, and you will make money because AUD is a commodity currency. It is pretty much a gurantee that you will make money if you buy CAD/GBP, as Gold and Oil can only go up in the long scheme of things.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Auckland1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HIFX trading - what happens at weekends?

Good morning Sunnie Brummie,

Market orders are live until cancelled and trigger at any point 24/7 if the market reaches your agreed level whatever the day or time. This is the beauty of using market orders and are commonly used to achieve your desired rate.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Nathan Cheeseman - Head of Private Client Services - HiFX