British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/what-%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-you-off-day-721879/)

Bipat Jul 1st 2011 6:35 am

Re: WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Originally Posted by johnny five (Post 9467956)
They are not working in an Injun shop serving and surrounded by Injun customers............again you have missed the point.

Asian/Russian/Martian VISITORS to UK chatting in their own language....no probs.

Please read the entire post and try to take it in rather than pick out two words and go off on one about them, you have completely missed the point or are deliberately trying to change the issue.

Thank you.

Oh, and from the other thread, how the hell do you write your name on a compost heap?

I read your entire post and got your point. You have missed my point. I was not referring to visitors. Just asking the question, why is it OK for British expats/immigrants abroad to speak in English to each other (do those working in Goa speak Konkani at work)? and not OK for foreign workers in UK to 'jabber' to each other in their 'own tongue' while working.

The other point could be that it is irritaing when shop workers chat to each other and ignore the customer regardless of which language they are using.

As for the other thread it depends how big or flat is your compost heap.

johnny five Jul 1st 2011 6:59 am

People who have to argue with everything you say.

Bipat Jul 1st 2011 7:14 am

Originally Posted by johnny five (Post 9468504)
People who have to argue with everything you say.

Isn't that the purpose of a 'discussion forum'? or are some poster's pronouncements 'sacrosanct' to be accepted without question or comment. Wouldn't that be boring?

noni Jul 1st 2011 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 9468517)
Isn't that the purpose of a 'discussion forum'? or are some poster's pronouncements 'sacrosanct' to be accepted without question or comment. Wouldn't that be boring?

Yes it would be boring!

Had to smile to myself yesterday, in both M & S, and Wallis there were ladies in Burka's purchasing quite a load of lovely clothes, and I wondered what is the point - if they can only wear them at home. :rolleyes:

Tina1 Jul 1st 2011 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by noni (Post 9468845)
Yes it would be boring!

Had to smile to myself yesterday, in both M & S, and Wallis there were ladies in Burka's purchasing quite a load of lovely clothes, and I wondered what is the point - if they can only wear them at home. :rolleyes:

Who is she kidding. It was Primark!;)

noni Jul 1st 2011 5:17 pm

QUOTE=Tina1;9469050]Who is she kidding. It was Primark!;)[/QUOTE]

Wrong again Tina 1 - the Muslim ladies, were tooooooooooooo posh like me to go into Primark. Can't stand all the clothes over the floor. They were in Debenhams Sale again to-day. :rolleyes:

Chameleons Jul 4th 2011 6:20 am

Anybody riding a 2-wheeler round Mapusa Market!!!!!!!!!:curse:

SteveKingswear Jul 6th 2011 11:46 am

Not wishing to throw petrol on a fire already burning well, however I reguarly watch a TV programme about property development in the UK - currently one in three of the featured properties are bought and developed by Indians or those of Indian origin. Now whilst I don't have a problem with that as such it does irk when you look at how ex-pat Brits are treated in there property dealings in India! :sneaky:

a_f_d Jul 6th 2011 12:44 pm

Paying £1 for a 70p parking ticket (no change given).

AndyD 8-)#

noni Jul 6th 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by a_f_d (Post 9478732)
Paying £1 for a 70p parking ticket (no change given).

AndyD 8-)#

Returning to Wicks where we had bought white external wall paint only to find it had gone up £11 a tin in two weeks :curse::curse::curse::angry_smile::angry_smile: Had a reki in B & Q and theirs was the same price. A cartel :thumbdown:

Bipat Jul 6th 2011 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by noni (Post 9478783)
Returning to Wicks where we had bought white external wall paint only to find it had gone up £11 a tin in two weeks :curse::curse::curse::angry_smile::angry_smile: Had a reki in B & Q and theirs was the same price. A cartel :thumbdown:

From our town can go to Birmingham by train £6.00 return; car park £6.50, no short stay price. (So take bus to station).
On other hand took an item to Mothercare for exchange for different size and their sale had started so they gave me two in the different size.

noni Jul 6th 2011 4:50 pm

Not being able to set up my new wireless 3 -in-1 printer. think a glass of wine is needed.

Heidigirl Jul 6th 2011 6:51 pm

The fact that it's July and I've just had to get the logs and coal out and build a fire! Cold, wet and windy. I know, usual British summertime, but it still hacks me off!

oktata Jul 6th 2011 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by noni (Post 9479144)
Not being able to set up my new wireless 3 -in-1 printer. think a glass of wine is needed.

noni try switchin off everything and turning back on - half the time that fixes it !

noni Jul 6th 2011 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by oktata (Post 9479440)
noni try switchin off everything and turning back on - half the time that fixes it !

Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow. :wub:
I am called non techo "Nani" by the little ones.