Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Visa no entry unless 2 month gap even to PIO's

Visa no entry unless 2 month gap even to PIO's

Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa no entry unless 2 month gap even to PIO's

Originally Posted by noni

Just had email from a friend who went home for Christmas, should be returning in January - they went to HCI with their return ticket and have been refused entry into India until they have been out of the Country for
two months.
Hi noni,
were their passports stamped on the way out? If not why did they go to HCI (come to that how did they get in even)? According to the latest info from MHA Delhi the immigration people have permission to let people in 'two or three times' on multi-entry visas (as well as HCI / Consulates giving letters - which it seems some Consulates aren't doing).
What a mess! Since lots of people (including VFS) know nothing about new rules I suggest that unless people have something stamped in their passports they feign ignorance, which is fair enough since it seems no-one actually knows the rules.

AndyD 8-)#

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Hello Everyone,

A family I know, went to London to renew their visas yesterday. They was told that because they had only just recently returned from India a gap of 2 month MUST be allowed before they can re-enter.

This is for a NEW visa application and may not be applicable to current visa holders.

This family are in the process of arranging new flights.

Sunglow.
Sunglow,
was this VFS that told them? 'cos someone recently posted that VFS had not heard about any new rules!
Oh and I assume these were 6mth T visas (which aren't supposed to be affected)?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:17 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Sunglow,
was this VFS that told them? 'cos someone recently posted that VFS had not heard about any new rules!

AndyD 8-)#
On 6 month multi entry they are NOT allowing people to re enter the Country unless they have been out for 2 months. There is going to be hell to play at the airports as most people in UK have not heard of the new rule.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

On 6 month multi entry they are NOT allowing people to re enter the Country unless they have been out for 2 months. There is going to be hell to play at the airports as most people in UK have not heard of the new rule.
have people actually been turned back at immigration then?
I hadn't heard of that actually happening.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 31st 2009, 5:54 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

If this is the new rule, isnt it bloody stupid??, why give multi entry visas??.
The Italians only get a 3 month tourist visa, single entry,
so anything is possible.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Further to my post #46 visa help, 2 more major tour operators were contacted yesterday, one had no idea of the situation and put me through to their sales/marketing manager who was horrified ! The other operator half knew the situation but was going arrange a meeting to discuss the situation more in depth
Both gave me similar reactions of "Don't they want a tourism industry ?" one went further saying "its been hard enough selling Goa this year anyway!"
Very Very worrying all round
Old Dec 31st 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi noni,
were their passports stamped on the way out? If not why did they go to HCI (come to that how did they get in even)? According to the latest info from MHA Delhi the immigration people have permission to let people in 'two or three times' on multi-entry visas (as well as HCI / Consulates giving letters - which it seems some Consulates aren't doing).
What a mess! Since lots of people (including VFS) know nothing about new rules I suggest that unless people have something stamped in their passports they feign ignorance, which is fair enough since it seems no-one actually knows the rules.

AndyD 8-)#

AndyD 8-)#
Yes i would have thought that unless your visa had been stamped, "No entry within 2 months" then your existing visa would be honoured.

I also thought that the visas where to be stamped on 'Departing' India not by HCI or VFS at application stage.

Real confusion all round!!!!
Old Dec 31st 2009, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
If this is the new rule, isnt it bloody stupid??, why give multi entry visas??.
The Italians only get a 3 month tourist visa, single entry,
so anything is possible.
Thats where its heading,

They have made it clear they don't want long termers.......unfortunately like i have said before some long termers have shot themselves in the foot even on this forum and while i know that people are angry over the property fiasco and some have vented their anger carefully, some others have crossed the line and came out with very racist comments. This plays into the Goan Governments hands........why should they grant long term visas to these same people who defame Goa and Indians in general. Kamat is on the offensive on this at the moment.

Remember folks they read this forum as do a lot of British Goans/Indians . Visas are not our right. I predicted this sort of thing back in July on this forum. The visa restrictions IMHO are not just down to terrorist threats.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Dec 31st 2009 at 11:21 am.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Sunglow,

AndyD 8-)#
This family applied visiting the VFS in London to renew their existing 6 month tourist visas. They have just recently returned from India and came back to the UK to renew their visas with the intention of returning to India early in the New Year. However this has not been possible for them and they have had to rearrange their booked return flights to a later date to allow for the 8week gap entry gap.

Not good news at all!

Sunglow.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:27 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

have people actually been turned back at immigration then?
I hadn't heard of that actually happening.

AndyD 8-)#
Can you imagine, if half the travel agents don't know about the situation, where will they be turned back, India? or will the golden money have to
grease the palms.
Such a mess.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Further to my post #46 visa help, 2 more major tour operators were contacted yesterday, one had no idea of the situation and put me through to their sales/marketing manager who was horrified ! The other operator half knew the situation but was going arrange a meeting to discuss the situation more in depth
Both gave me similar reactions of "Don't they want a tourism industry ?" one went further saying "its been hard enough selling Goa this year anyway!"
Very Very worrying all round
I think all you in the UK should contact the big travel agents and see what they have to say - it is not fair on people who have not heard of the new rules. I emailed friends who have returned to UK for Christmas and they had not idea what was happening.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Yes i would have thought that unless your visa had been stamped, "No entry within 2 months" then your existing visa would be honoured.

I also thought that the visas where to be stamped on 'Departing' India not by HCI or VFS at application stage.

Real confusion all round!!!!
Remy - our friends with a multi visa have been refused entry as they left here for Christmas they have had to change their flights - they even went to the HCI with their return tickets to plead their case. So much for honouring the current visa.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy - our friends with a multi visa have been refused entry as they left here for Christmas they have had to change their flights - they even went to the HCI with their return tickets to plead their case. So much for honouring the current visa.
Noni you have misread my post......i said unless your visa had been stamped, clearly your friends was stamped on exiting Goa.....the visa will still be honoured if multiple entry but they will not be allowed to enter again until they have stayed out for two months.

My point being if you have returned from Goa without having your multiple entry 6 month visa stamped (no entry for 2 months) prior to the stamping on exit enforcement then i would imagine that your visa will be honoured (return within 2 months) at least until you exit again.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Dec 31st 2009 at 11:56 am.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

It is clear that there are not many people or some of the tour operators aware of this new visa policy at present.

It appears that it is affecting people that have come out of India to obtain new visas and they are not being allowed to return without having an 8 week gap.

Think the major charter companies need to be made fully aware and advise their clients as surely they are responsible to fly them to their destination on the correct visas required.

Sunglow.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sunglow
It is clear that there are not many people or some of the tour operators aware of this new visa policy at present.

It appears that it is affecting people that have come out of India to obtain new visas and they are not being allowed to return without having an 8 week gap.

Think the major charter companies need to be made fully aware and advise their clients as surely they are responsible to fly them to their destination on the correct visas required.

Sunglow.
Thats the whole idea.
People have been doing visa runs to illegally live in the country.
Its these people that the restrictions are aimed at as has been widely reported in the media recently. I refer to the american couple who have lived and run businesses in Goa for 9 years on visa runs.

As far as India is concerned if it stops these people illegally living in the country and running businesses then its doing its job. They will not and neither will the HCI have any sympathy for these people. Unfortunately everybody else gets caught in the net.

Its always up to the traveller to ensure they have the correct up to date information and visa prior to travelling to a country......the airlines chartered or otherwise will not be responsible for this. The information will filter down eventually but in the mean time it will be 'too bad how sad' for the traveller im afraid.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Dec 31st 2009 at 12:26 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.