Visa help.

Old Oct 1st 2010, 4:29 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by dj53
Think swmbo sent me an agency email for processing.

Old Oct 1st 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really nice

I have a visa at the moment that runs out mid Dec and want to get a new visa so that i can go at the end of Nov and stay through until end of Jan can i get a Visa while the one that I have is still valid?
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Brinks Matt has a spectacular aura aboutMrs Brinks Matt has a spectacular aura aboutMrs Brinks Matt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sun Hunter
I have a visa at the moment that runs out mid Dec and want to get a new visa so that i can go at the end of Nov and stay through until end of Jan can i get a Visa while the one that I have is still valid?
No you have to have a gap of 1 month from when your old visa expires.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Brinks Matt has a spectacular aura aboutMrs Brinks Matt has a spectacular aura aboutMrs Brinks Matt has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dj53
Think swmbo sent me an agency email for processing.
I wouldn't be to sure that you are all going to get 6 month visa's in the UK.
In Bangkok they are handing out 3 months (then the mandatory 2 months out)..someone even got 1 month. NO REFUND!!!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Brinks Matt
In Bangkok they are handing out 3 months (then the mandatory 2 months out)..someone even got 1 month. NO REFUND!!!
I had a business visa last year i did some promo work for a UK company and will be doing the same this year
Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sun Hunter
If it's at least two months since you left India you can try for a new visa - write a covering letter asking tham to cancel the current visa. Best if you can attend VFS in person - they will know current practice (the one-month rule is supposed to be cancelled).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by a_f_d
If it's at least two months since you left India you can try for a new visa - write a covering letter asking tham to cancel the current visa. Best if you can attend VFS in person - they will know current practice (the one-month rule is supposed to be cancelled).

AndyD 8-)#
The one month rule at is not cancelled. Long termers are simply not wanted in Goa and so they will make it more and more difficult until it's time to call it a day come to your senses and go elsewhere.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

The one month rule at is not cancelled. Long termers are simply not wanted in Goa and so they will make it more and more difficult until it's time to call it a day come to your senses and go elsewhere.
Surely it's not just Goa - what about Kerala / Pondicherry and other places - there must be ExPats (& not just British) experiencing the same problem all over India.

It's beyond me why the Tourism Depts of the various states don't pull their resources and put up a case against these relatively new visa restrictions - or am I being too simplistic in my thinking?
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

This is not about long-termers, just about the 1-month rule (and it isn't helpful to suggest that long-termers go elsewhere when those with property can't sell it!).
The 1-month rule is still mentioned on the MHA FAQ but there have been several reports that it is cancelled, and quite a few posts of people being issued with new visas (after the min. 2 month gap) by asking for the earlier visa to be cancelled.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:38 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

This is not about long-termers, just about the 1-month rule (and it isn't helpful to suggest that long-termers go elsewhere when those with property can't sell it!).
The 1-month rule is still mentioned on the MHA FAQ but there have been several reports that it is cancelled, and quite a few posts of people being issued with new visas (after the min. 2 month gap) by asking for the earlier visa to be cancelled.

AndyD 8-)#
Andy many thanks for keeping us on our toes, with this difficult subject.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

AndyD 8-)#
You are correct Andy, the one month rule was cancelled about 6 months ago.I know a number of people that have got a new tourist visa straight after their old one had expired.Whether this applies if you apply outside of your resident country i'm not sure.

John
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jcbrum
You are correct Andy, the one month rule was cancelled about 6 months ago.I know a number of people that have got a new tourist visa straight after their old one had expired.Whether this applies if you apply outside of your resident country i'm not sure.

John
But if you leave India close to the end of your visa, then you can't come back in for the 2 month "cooling off" period, even if you now apparently can apply for a new visa before the original one month waiting period?

Now I'm getting really confused!!! or perhaps "senile" would be more appropriate.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:15 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

About 3 months ago, an English couple got 6 month multi entry visas in Bangkok, no questions asked, but they had been out of India for 2 years.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iain492001
But if you leave India close to the end of your visa, then you can't come back in for the 2 month "cooling off" period, even if you now apparently can apply for a new visa before the original one month waiting period?

Now I'm getting really confused!!! or perhaps "senile" would be more appropriate.
That's correct you can have a brand new visa stamped from the day you received it but your not allowed into India....now can you see the sense in that??
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
About 3 months ago, an English couple got 6 month multi entry visas in Bangkok, no questions asked, but they had been out of India for 2 years.
2 weeks ago they gave someone a 1 month visa in Bangkok!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.