Visa help.

Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Unfortunately the visa issues an the property issues go hand in hand, one affects the other every step of the way.

Dread - x
Dread, I absolutely realise that and the whole property issue is disgraceful. Obviously the recent changes affect the expats in Goa.
However this particular thread of discussion concerned visas on entry and the recent visa changes which affect many people from many countries, and also whether or not it was a money-making scam. Suddenly the discussion changed track to the Goan Gov. This was my point.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bipat
Dread, I absolutely realise that and the whole property issue is disgraceful. Obviously the recent changes affect the expats in Goa.
However this particular thread of discussion concerned visas on entry and the recent visa changes which affect many people from many countries, and also whether or not it was a money-making scam. Suddenly the discussion changed track to the Goan Gov. This was my point.
Hi Bipat,

No one mentioned the Goan Gov as such. Anyway you did a good job in defusing the discussion.

Banyan.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
... just heard from VFS - the Consulate have returned our passports and informed us that we are eligible for 1-year Tourist visas.

AndyD 8-)#
Is it 180 day job or will you register?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
Is it 180 day job or will you register?
Sadly you cannot register with a Tourist Visa.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:14 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by erinsgirl
Sadly you cannot register with a Tourist Visa.
And ALL Tourist visas are 180 day max (and two months out), and kiss everyone involved's rrr's in case they dont give you one.....

Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:44 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
And ALL Tourist visas are 180 day max (and two months out), and kiss everyone involved's rrr's in case they dont give you one.....

No point in having 1 year then!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
No point in having 1 year then!
You are right there. 59.05 for a 1 year tourist visa as against 39.05 for 6 months makes the 1 year look a better deal but actually if you pay a bit more and buy 2 6 month visa's you get to spend more time in Goa.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:36 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
You are right there. 59.05 for a 1 year tourist visa as against 39.05 for 6 months makes the 1 year look a better deal but actually if you pay a bit more and buy 2 6 month visa's you get to spend more time in Goa.
Yep! may as well have a 6 months visa, if we have to leave after 180 days for two months, and return home to see family and friends.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:39 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Better value, more time in Goa, and less time kissing shiny Babu's chaddas........win, win, win.

Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

1 Year tourist visa - do you still have to return to UK to renew? If so, save your money - unless you are loaded - and take a 6 month one.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

I know people who had 1 year T without the 180 day stamp, registered and stayed the whole year. One in particular has just returned after 2 months out and another is leaving next week. Haven't heard of any more being issued yet.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:56 pm

This is the number:
Copied from a thread on Trip Advisor
Have found a non premium rate number for VFS - Visa ”

020 7811 3976

There is a website called "Saynoto0870"

http://www.saynoto0870.com. Click on the link at the top left "Search to find an alternative number" and then put in the number or company name. So, I put in the premium number and it gasve me the number above. I have phoned it and it is VFS customer services.

I use this website all the time, as, at home I get free local and national calls but not to 08* or 09* - so when phoning the gas board or any local rate call that starts with 08* I search for the 0161 number or 0121 number if you get my drift.

So, hope this helps all those having problems with Visa's

1. Re: I have found a non premium rate number for VFS - Visa

020 7836 8484 - is Indian High Commission, London, United Kingdom

020 7811 3976 - is VFS Global

The premium rate is (09057570045) so at 95p a min, I would advise you start using the above.

Last edited by noni; Sep 28th 2010 at 9:58 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

dj53 is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of going back for a holiday in March as I miss the place a bit even though we had a terrible time last year disposing of our flat. However just seen the new visa fees and at £66 a pop I think thats just put the tin hat on it. Dont know about anyone else but the average joe just aint going to pay this along with expensive flights. What a surprise those fees were to me.

I know I should visit the site more!!!!!lol
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dj53
I was thinking of going back for a holiday in March as I miss the place a bit even though we had a terrible time last year disposing of our flat. However just seen the new visa fees and at £66 a pop I think thats just put the tin hat on it. Dont know about anyone else but the average joe just aint going to pay this along with expensive flights. What a surprise those fees were to me.

I know I should visit the site more!!!!!lol
I'd be the last person to encourage you to revisit the location of so much personal misery, but where are you getting "£66 a pop" from?
Look here for correct costs....

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/touristvisa_fees.html

Still too much though as the destination and flights are nowhere near cheap anymore.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

dj53 is on a distinguished road

Think swmbo sent me an agency email for processing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.