UK RIOTS

Old Aug 14th 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice
Default Re: UK RIOTS

Originally Posted by Bipat
You used the word in your first post about the man who had been shot, at the start of all this. I thought at the time that I hadn't heard the word used for a long time and that it was not your usual style.
Is Half Caste a derogatory term? I didn't realise that. This is what my daughter's boyfriend is and is what he terms himself as?......his mother White British and his dad Black British.

I get really offended when anyone who has worked hard and paid taxes all their lives and is termed racist for having an opinion on people (from any country overseas) turning up on our door step with their purses open. I've said in the past if people want to come and work, pay taxes etc - no problem.

Back to the riots, I think the Police have done a brilliant job. I really do. They are rounding them up one by one and making them face the courts.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

[QUOTE=Bipat;9558591]
Originally Posted by dreadsoc

Dread maybe this demonstates a differing habit of interpreting. I have never said that I live in India, I live in Midlands UK. In fact I have previously stated that I am not an 'expat' but 2pat, duopat, Bipat, I have a home in Karwar India (my husband's family home, which is now used a holiday home ) and we have had timeshares in Goa at various times. We have spent time in India and Goa every year for the last 42 years.
No I have not policed anywhere but am happy to PM you with what I have done if you are interested.
Does this term duopat exist? You're white British?......you are married to an Indian? Still makes you white British and an expat if you're staying overseas doesn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heidigirl
Is Half Caste a derogatory term? I didn't realise that. This is what my daughter's boyfriend is and is what he terms himself as?......his mother White British and his dad Black British.

I get really offended when anyone who has worked hard and paid taxes all their lives and is termed racist for having an opinion on people (from any country overseas) turning up on our door step with their purses open. I've said in the past if people want to come and work, pay taxes etc - no problem.

Back to the riots, I think the Police have done a brilliant job. I really do. They are rounding them up one by one and making them face the courts.
No, it is not generally considered a 'nice' term unless used as a joke.
And the race issue; it wasn't about the situation you describe it was about another poster's thoughts that UK had been spoilt by politicians because it was no longer "Christian White". Lets not go through it again.
and Please everyone I was not the first to protest at this.

As regards the term 'duopat' of course I made it up, but I am not an expat my main home is in the UK, I do not live abroad. But I have a family 'home' abroad (which I could live in if I wanted too). I belong to two countries and am proud of both.
But not the cricket team, did they throw the test to get rid of the coach?? Now there's a controversial thought.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

The politically corect term now Heidigirl is mixed race - your daughters boy friend would probably be described 'Of mixed race afro carribean/white' or some such bloody nonsense.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:37 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
The politically corect term now Heidigirl is mixed race - your daughters boy friend would probably be described 'Of mixed race afro carribean/white' or some such bloody nonsense.
Half-caste (or often mis-spelt half-cast) is a term used to describe people of mixed race or ethnicity

Bipat quote "But not the cricket team, did they throw the test to get rid of the coach?? Now there's a controversial thought." This might cause a riot in India, loosing the world title.

Last edited by noni; Aug 14th 2011 at 3:42 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kent detective
As for BBC reporting - when it comes to groups of WHITE looters they are WHITE LOOTERS. When it comes to groups of BLACK LOOTERS they are described simply as Youths.

FACT - The looters are 85% BLACK and foreign.
BBC reporting......yuk! The example given above is the absolute gospel truth about BBC bias in many issues and adherence to twisted politically correct crap. And it's just one example off the PC driven BBC agenda out of very many more.

It's already clear that the recent riots in London and elsewhere is going to shift political opinion in the UK in a rightward direction, there is no doubt about that. And where the hell has Shami Chakrabarti gone? Her silence is positively deafening....

Last edited by Lothianlad; Aug 14th 2011 at 3:58 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 3:58 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
BBC reporting......yuk! The example given above is the absolute gospel truth about BBC bias in many issues and adherence to twisted politically correct crap. And it's just one example off the PC driven BBC agenda out of very many more.
Welcome to the Goa site!
Old Aug 14th 2011, 4:23 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gh-street.html

Good to see zero tolerance at last.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:11 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

So half-caste is no longer "nice"?

But is it offensive? (I mean to the average man in the street)

We used to be told to say "coloured", but thats no longer acceptible, but then in those days it was unacceptible to say "black". Noticeably it is quite permissible to use "white" in derogatory manner, but then we are are not an ethnic minority. Yet.

As for all that "mixed-race" nonsense............in that situation personally I woulkd find that offensive with all its complications and connotations.

Perhaps we need a thread giving us lists of which words are politically correct and which are not. Guess which list I'll be using, innit?

Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
So half-caste is no longer "nice"?

But is it offensive? (I mean to the average man in the street)

We used to be told to say "coloured", but thats no longer acceptible, but then in those days it was unacceptible to say "black". Noticeably it is quite permissible to use "white" in derogatory manner, but then we are are not an ethnic minority. Yet.

As for all that "mixed-race" nonsense............in that situation personally I woulkd find that offensive with all its complications and connotations.

Perhaps we need a thread giving us lists of which words are politically correct and which are not. Guess which list I'll be using, innit?

It never was 'nice' J5 but perhaps you need to be one of the above to judge how it is being used.
Black and white both surely wrong in a derogatory manner. Both not wrong when used as a description.
Nobody is upset when President Obama is described as the first 'black' president. It is all in the intention of the speaker. To me the generalistions 'blacks', 'coloureds' 'whites' are not OK. What do you think?
Mostly is there a need to use any of these words? people are just people are they not?
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:41 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody is upset when President Obama is described as the first 'black' president.
Bet Sarah Palin is.....................

Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:41 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

In 23 years frontline policing I never treated anyone differently based upon their race creed or religion. How dare anyone accuse me to the contrary.
It is hard to imagine that you kept your personal feelings out of your job every day every hour, most can not keep the mask up all the time.

You talk of friendship, but if you had your way they would not have been in the country for you to meet.....

.....White Christians from the USA, Canada, NZ, Australia, South Africa (our old friends) should have the absolute right of abode in the UK without any impediment whatsoever..... If we ever need more workers (immigrants) (which we don't), these should be sourced from Christian, White North European countries.
If deciding eligibility on colour is not racist then I have no idea on its definition; not to mention the anti-jewish and anti-atheist point of view

Originally Posted by noni

Who are the others that find it unacceptable, they have not come forward.?
I have kept a low profile as I am not in Goa, but since you ask..... if some of the posts on here are not racist (thus against the rules) like the ones setting eligibility on color; what are?

Insulting racist words, like you mention in one of your posts just adds insult to the racism, and are not a requirement.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:57 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad

It's already clear that the recent riots in London and elsewhere is going to shift political opinion in the UK in a rightward direction, there is no doubt about that. And where the hell has Shami Chakrabarti gone? Her silence is positively deafening....
Shami Chakrabarti is very very very busy at the moment. She is busy writing speeches and edicts to present before the courts and the TV channels about the breach of human rights of almost every rioting thug who has been charged and almost every thug who will be charge over the rioting, and thinking how she can word it to blame the police and society etc etc,
I use the term 'almost' because o course she will not be bothered about any white skinned person charged in connection with the riots.
She is also very busy working on how to call on the governement to cost the taxpayer millions of pounds to have an 'enquiry', which will as usual blame everyone except the rioters themsleves.

That woman is an outright racist if ever I saw one !

Dread - x
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Shami Chakrabarti is very very very busy at the moment. She is busy writing speeches and edicts to present before the courts and the TV channels about the breach of human rights of almost every rioting thug who has been charged and almost every thug who will be charge over the rioting, and thinking how she can word it to blame the police and society etc etc,
I use the term 'almost' because o course she will not be bothered about any white skinned person charged in connection with the riots.
She is also very busy working on how to call on the governement to cost the taxpayer millions of pounds to have an 'enquiry', which will as usual blame everyone except the rioters themsleves.

That woman is an outright racist if ever I saw one !

Dread - x
Dread, when our local radio DJ (white) was sacked for his usual; lets say controversial statements. Shami defended him in Court. Must have enjoyed it as he continually insulted her previously.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung
It is hard to imagine that you kept your personal feelings out of your job every day every hour, most can not keep the mask up all the time.

You talk of friendship, but if you had your way they would not have been in the country for you to meet.....

If deciding eligibility on colour is not racist then I have no idea on its definition; not to mention the anti-jewish and anti-atheist point of view

I have kept a low profile as I am not in Goa, but since you ask..... if some of the posts on here are not racist (thus against the rules) like the ones setting eligibility on color; what are?

Insulting racist words, like you mention in one of your posts just adds insult to the racism, and are not a requirement.
Thank you so much for your post. Could you perhaps explain to us about Cascadia.

Last edited by Bipat; Aug 14th 2011 at 6:10 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.