Time to leave Goa!

Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Tuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really nice
Default Re: Time to leave Goa!

Originally Posted by rosasuri
great - so, when do you leave this "dirty shithole of a place"?
trust it shall be soon.....
as a matter of fact, the sooner the better.......
adios and adios to all at british expats who do not like goa or where it is going.......

believe me when we say - u won't be missed!
Spoken like a true Goan. How many of your fellow Indians do you step over in the gutter every day without blinking an eyelid? You wont find many expats who would do the same. I hope you will remain happy in your ivory tower.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:31 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregit
Sheet, I thought I was bad boy
You are Gregit, you are!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

' On the face' allways Johnny five
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:02 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

' On the face' allways Johnny five
Dont understand mate? or the bit about a tractor on the other thread?

Must be the sunshine confusing me
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by johnny five
Dont understand mate? or the bit about a tractor on the other thread?

Must be the sunshine confusing me
J5 - Gregit is a reformed character We are all suffering from the humidity - not humanity.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

my work tractor, truck diesel motivated power, simple to me, even when they put computer in the way, love Goa, but they have lost the Mechanics

Last edited by gregit; Mar 14th 2010 at 2:32 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all

my work tractor, truck diesel motivated power, simple to me, even when they put computer in the way, love Goa, but they have lost the Mechanics
It makes me so sad to see the unhappiness shown in all your posts. Your dreams of your retirements to Goa are slowly diminishing. My heart goes out to you all. The country, and the locals are still the same but the Government is spoiling it for you all. I just hope things will improve for you all and that it all has a happy ending. Good luck.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tina1
It makes me so sad to see the unhappiness shown in all your posts. Your dreams of your retirements to Goa are slowly diminishing. My heart goes out to you all. The country, and the locals are still the same but the Government is spoiling it for you all. I just hope things will improve for you all and that it all has a happy ending. Good luck.
True Goan friends remain the same Tina but i would'nt say all locals, some have become so greedy it sickens me, people I have respected and spoken to on a daily basis for 10 long years now look at most FN's like s..t on their shoes. theres a saying in the V hospital on the wall "happiness is having a constant cash flow" never a true word, but unfortunately the cash is quickly running out for FN's living here and the locals now realise this, also its been a lousey season and concerns for the future are now in the fore front of their minds. they have got to blame some one and it sure wont be their glorious government
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poppetjay
True Goan friends remain the same Tina but i would'nt say all locals, some have become so greedy it sickens me, people I have respected and spoken to on a daily basis for 10 long years now look at most FN's like s..t on their shoes. theres a saying in the V hospital on the wall "happiness is having a constant cash flow" never a true word, but unfortunately the cash is quickly running out for FN's living here and the locals now realise this, also its been a lousey season and concerns for the future are now in the fore front of their minds. they have got to blame some one and it sure wont be their glorious government
Goans have never been responsible. The seat of decision makers was and is not in Goa, and it is clear now that Goans do not want responsibility, nor do they have the courage needed to make decisions that will preserve paradise.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Wheatsheaf,
nice to have you back long time no posts.
Will you sign the mining petition as you have mentioned preserving paradise
GC greatful
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
hi Wheatsheaf,
nice to have you back long time no posts.
Will you sign the mining petition as you have mentioned preserving paradise
GC greatful
Thank you. I was away for a while and found it very relaxing to keep off anything related to Goa. It is now an unhealthy and de-moralising relationship with far reaching consequences for anyone who continues to suffer interaction with Goa.
Is the mining petition the one initiated by Carmen Miranda?. I will sign it, but with a sense of foreboding that comes with the experience that unless FNs stop taking responsibility for Goa, Goans will continue to rely on outsiders and abdicate their responsibilities as they have done to date.
What Goa has not understood is that we love Goa, and it is not a property profit motive that takes us there. The story of Donna Paula is our story, as we watch our love being lost. Goa is a romance with life itself. And it is fast turning into a tragi-comedy.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

martin_d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by darren vietnam
I can,t quite understand why expats are still advising tourists to travel in to Goa when its a corrupt, unlawful and dangerous place to be.
I sold up and left one and a half years ago and have never looked back since.I get fed up with people saying it,s cheap,well let me put you straight it is,nt. If you know the places to go it can be for a while before the sharks get their teeth into you with the usual adding on to your bill or taxi,s ar,nt busy so we need to charge more. All local bars,taxi,s,shops etc will rob and cheat anybody under the skin tax law! I was quite lucky in some ways that i got out when i did, i sold my house to a pio and took cash out no problem but i,m sorry to say maybe one of the last, my advice to anyone wanting it is to cheat the system like it cheats you, sell up to a pio and move to a country that needs and wants your presence and it,s written in black and white what your allowed to buy or lease without them moving the goalposts every few months eg:

Vietnam:- Set up a government stamped and approved business 800 usd
qualify for a 1 year business visa 100 usd
annual business tax 1,200,000 vnd ( 63 usd )
qualify for buying land on a 49 year lease, renewable once, meaning
you can own the lease for 98 years
pay your electricity in your own name

Most taxi,s metered and meter, lead sealed so they can,t rob you!
bottle of budweiser 25 vnd, (80 - 90p) without add ons
Vietnamese meal 60,000 vnd, without paying for someone elses,

My freinds, and a lot of you know me "its time to leave Goa and stop living the false dream"
Darren, where would you recommend in Vietnam?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:50 pm
Sensible Member

GoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by old man

Wake up Goa next season is going to be really rough and hard for you and you only have your government and greedy locals to blame.
Anyone who wants to set up a business in Goa, now needs to first and foremost concentrate on the Indian tourist market, where the money is. Foreigners including Brits are deserting in droves due to the issues described above. A business which offers an affordable experience / food / drink etc to the Indian market will thrive while the services for foreign tourists will diminish.

Not a science, but an observation.

J x
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoanPlaces
Anyone who wants to set up a business in Goa, now needs to first and foremost concentrate on the Indian tourist market, where the money is. Foreigners including Brits are deserting in droves due to the issues described above. A business which offers an affordable experience / food / drink etc to the Indian market will thrive while the services for foreign tourists will diminish.

Not a science, but an observation.

J x
isnt it affordable now, as it stands?.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Time to leave Goa!

No matter how young or old we are we all fall for the Goan charm offensive and when we finally realise the truth its not ourselves we blame but them. Good luck to those that stay and the same for those that leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.