Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Taking over our Property in Goa January

Taking over our Property in Goa January

Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: Taking over our Property in Goa January

Mum - only one shower yesterday and quite a nice day today. Tuesday 6th Oct
Came with Kingfisher - allowance 45kgs - brought bags inside bags to take lots back with us but don't know how we will manage having already packed what we want to take back and it seems blooming heavy.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Mum2randa is on a distinguished road

Sounds good - the weather is going in the right direction I have a feeling it has arrived here in the UK - torrential this morning!
That is a pretty good allowance, was it just for yourself or were ther others travelling with you?
We are coming by Jet - baggage allowance 26kg per person (I think), so we ae taking four suitcases which should give us plenty of space for bringing things back - mind you we will probably have spent all our money on the apartment
Thanks for the weather update
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:44 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mum2randa
Sounds good - the weather is going in the right direction I have a feeling it has arrived here in the UK - torrential this morning!
That is a pretty good allowance, was it just for yourself or were ther others travelling with you?
We are coming by Jet - baggage allowance 26kg per person (I think), so we ae taking four suitcases which should give us plenty of space for bringing things back - mind you we will probably have spent all our money on the apartment
You should get 28 kgs per passenger by right and I think that includes the kids, (allowance, not put in the baggage!). In reality they do not bat an eyelid at 30-32, especially if you check in early, as the weight of baggage tots up the more people check-in.
I have always included a couple of kilos per bag of low-value items that I would like to have in Goa, but do not care if I have to turf them out at Heathrow, ie 2nd hand books.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:19 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Now H this might be easier than you think,Most of the time we come back empty,Could they fold into a case, if they will your on................I kid you not my friend if you are serious about getting rid......Ill be in touch
GC You just might have solved my problem
The 'travel covers' will fold but the golf bags them selves won't - they are of 'rigid' construction. If they are any good to you, you can have them, they've served their purpose for me.

H.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Kingfisher was 45kg each person. We will be bringing things back that we don't want to leave in Goa as we recently sold our apartment. (All the personal things we have taken over there in the past).
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:27 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
The 'travel covers' will fold but the golf bags them selves won't - they are of 'rigid' construction. If they are any good to you, you can have them, they've served their purpose for me.

H.
No probs she can put Mr. Em in one.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hemingway

H.
Thanks H but if I can't get them folded into a case Ican't bring them back to fill them next time
cheers for the offer anyway Ill have to shop on eBay and see what i can do
GC
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Mum2randa,

PS. Did'nt realise there was so many of us around Arpora.
Hi, we are also in arpora.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by k800mer
Hi, we are also in arpora.
Whereabouts in Arpora are you K800mer?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

We got 46k luggage allowance each when we booked with Jet in May for October. Just booked last week for the family for Feb and they also got 46k per person. I use the internet to make my booking and I have signed up for Jet air miles but I dont think that makes any difference. I have a gadget for weighing my luggage, always take it with me when I fly anywhere.
Hope your property is ready for you, enjoy.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Whereabouts in Arpora are you K800mer?
Lagoa Azul
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Mum2randa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by k800mer
We got 46k luggage allowance each when we booked with Jet in May for October. Just booked last week for the family for Feb and they also got 46k per person. I use the internet to make my booking and I have signed up for Jet air miles but I dont think that makes any difference. I have a gadget for weighing my luggage, always take it with me when I fly anywhere.
Hope your property is ready for you, enjoy.
Hi K800mer - I think the airmiles programme might make a difference. This is the first time we have flown with Jet. Their website shows a lot of differences in the baggage allowances according to what class you are in and if you are a JetPrivilege member - see here....http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...Allowance.aspx

Although hubby has signed up for JetPrivilige, I think it may not kick in until we have actually flown with them. We are travelling conomy so only get 25kgs according to this website. Tickets say 28kg`s though.
My Acron contact tells me the property is ready although there is only temporary water and power to the site. At least the swimming pool has been filled though that will keep the kids happy!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi K800mer - I think the airmiles programme might make a difference. This is the first time we have flown with Jet. Their website shows a lot of differences in the baggage allowances according to what class you are in and if you are a JetPrivilege member - see here....http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...Allowance.aspx

Although hubby has signed up for JetPrivilige, I think it may not kick in until we have actually flown with them. We are travelling conomy so only get 25kgs according to this website. Tickets say 28kg`s though.
My Acron contact tells me the property is ready although there is only temporary water and power to the site. At least the swimming pool has been filled though that will keep the kids happy!
The swimming pool is the important thing to my mind. My grandchildren are in the pool from five minutes after they arrive until they are going home. The beach is too hot for them although we do take them down about 5pm when it is getting cooler.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Booked our flight with Jet for Feb to get the Mumbai Goa return leg free with JetPrivilige and still have enough left to get the next one free.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Booked our flight with Jet for Feb to get the Mumbai Goa return leg free with JetPrivilige and still have enough left to get the next one free.
Sounds good, I have not used any of my air miles yet. Was thinking to wait and use them for an upgrade when I have enough. Had an upgrade last time I flew with BA. So much better - I enjoy a bit of luxury now and again...