Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Taking over our Property in Goa January

Taking over our Property in Goa January

Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Patsy55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking over our Property in Goa January

Hi

We have brought a villa in Goa and take it over in January it is on the Monte carlo retreat by the Lagoa Azul, getting very worried after hearing every thing that is going on in Goa. Brought on a 6 month Visa hoping to just rent it out for a couple of years then maybe sell on if possible.

Anyone else brought on this site.

Patsy and Robert
Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:41 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking over our Property in Goa January

Originally Posted by Patsy55
Hi

We have brought a villa in Goa and take it over in January it is on the Monte carlo retreat by the Lagoa Azul, getting very worried after hearing every thing that is going on in Goa. Brought on a 6 month Visa hoping to just rent it out for a couple of years then maybe sell on if possible.

Anyone else brought on this site.

Patsy and Robert
Hi Patsy & Robert,

Welcome to the site. It does not matter where you have bought, we are all in the same pickle. Have you been able to register the property in your name?
It is so sad, all the planning and waiting for your property to be completed to then find out that we are all in the ............. Just enjoy it while you can.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Well our name is on all the paperwork but ofcourse it also says we need to do 182 days to get the deeds but from what i gather they are not worth the paper they are written on if the police are hounding people.

We live in Spain and also have same kinds of problems getting all the paperwork

Never mind roll on Jan we can come out and see what happens, my sister and niece both live in Goa, my niece has just had a baby there so with him having a goan passport maybe it will help us we will see.

Patsy and robert
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Hi Patsy..We thought about buying there three years ago or so before work on site had really got started. We had several discussions with the developers but in the end decided against it - we wanted a few changes to the design and the developers weren't too keen.

The prices were very good at the time. The whole complex was due to be finished in Jan 09 but last time I was there (Feb) it was nowhere near completion.

May well be they have cracked on since - hence your completion in Jan 10. Have you seen it recently?

Also most Brits would not buy in Goa now! Maybe with a Goan relative you're in a different position - but worth thinking about it seriously if you are not already committed
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Mum2randa is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

We are flying out this Friday to take posession of our apartment at Villa Vera in Arpora. It was due for completion last April, but seems there is still a lot of work going on onsite. Only temporary water and power, so we will be filling up buckets etc when it is on.

On the subject of Goan relatives, I am lucky as hubby is of Goan origin and is an OCI (as are our twins), and I am a PIO (Person or Indian Origin! ) which makes me laugh as I am as European as you can get.

I have been reading all the posts about the difficulties that westeners are having with their properties. I do hope it all gets sorted out in your favour before too long, but I shan`t hold my breath! Good luck.

p.s. Heard about the rain, is it likely to stop before Friday???
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mum2randa
Hi all,

We are flying out this Friday to take posession of our apartment at Villa Vera in Arpora. It was due for completion last April, but seems there is still a lot of work going on onsite. Only temporary water and power, so we will be filling up buckets etc when it is on.

On the subject of Goan relatives, I am lucky as hubby is of Goan origin and is an OCI (as are our twins), and I am a PIO (Person or Indian Origin! ) which makes me laugh as I am as European as you can get.

I have been reading all the posts about the difficulties that westeners are having with their properties. I do hope it all gets sorted out in your favour before too long, but I shan`t hold my breath! Good luck.

Hi mum2randa,

Where abouts is villa vera in Arpora? I know its an acron site but can,t for the life of me think of where it is.
I am just behind the Abalone although mine is just a humble apartment in a private residential block nothing fancy.

Regards,
Remy
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi mum2randa,

Where abouts is villa vera in Arpora? I know its an acron site but can,t for the life of me think of where it is.
I am just behind the Abalone although mine is just a humble apartment in a private residential block nothing fancy.

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy..We're at the other end of the village to you -past Anan's. Maybe grab a beer sometime?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Hi Remy..We're at the other end of the village to you -past Anan's. Maybe grab a beer sometime?
Definitely.......hope to be there early Dec for 2weeks if all goes according to plan.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Definitely.......hope to be there early Dec for 2weeks if all goes according to plan.
Might miss you then. We're hoping to grab a cheap last minute charter for 2/3 weeks in Nov.

But will be there Jan / Feb / Mar.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Hi Mum2randa,

Thank you for your loverly post and sympathethic message.I hope all goes well for you when you take possession of your property and I really hope your new home is all you have dreamed about and more.
Good luck and God bless you
GC
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi mum2randa,

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy,

The map shows it as being close to the Renton Manor resort - down the same road and a turn off to the right. I have only been there once before - three years ago when we visited and it had just been started. The area is called Tambudki I believe.
Where is the Abalone? Nice to know we will be neighbours - even if it is only for a few weeks every year!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Hi Mum2randa,

Thank you for your loverly post and sympathethic message.I hope all goes well for you when you take possession of your property and I really hope your new home is all you have dreamed about and more.
Good luck and God bless you
GC
Thank you GC I hope so to
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Remy,

The map shows it as being close to the Renton Manor resort - down the same road and a turn off to the right. I have only been there once before - three years ago when we visited and it had just been started. The area is called Tambudki I believe.
Where is the Abalone? Nice to know we will be neighbours - even if it is only for a few weeks every year!
Hi mum2randa..we also have a place in the same village but at the other end. Best of luck with your new place. I'm sure it will be ok - the Acron owners I know seem fairly satisfied.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi how have you brought your property with Acron is it on a lease term

Patsy
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patsy55
Hi how have you brought your property with Acron is it on a lease term

Patsy
Hi Patsy,

No it isn`t on a lease term, we are lucky to be able to buy outright. My husband is an OCI (Of Goan origin) and because of that I qualify to be a PIO. In addition, we are buying with my Mother-Law who is an Indian Citizen living in Bombay. So, if there were any problems we could register the property in her name.

p.s. Apologies for hijacking your thread Patsy55!

Last edited by Mum2randa; Oct 5th 2009 at 2:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.